• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is the latest good film you watched ?

A Christmas Story

Watched Olympus has Fallen on netflix yesterday, was pretty good for a "die hard in the white house" type movie. Lots of violence, some unnecessary extraneous plot, but you can't have everything.

Star Trek: Into Darkness

I finally saw this the other day, and it needs to be said that I loved it. Basically, everything that was good about Star Trek (2009) but - well, more of it. Even though I'd already had the biggest twist spoiled for me, which wasn't really a shock for anyone that knows their Trek films, it was still excellent. Cumberbatch was great as Harrison, I loved the glimpse of the Klingons re-imagined, who no doubt should really take centre stage for the next installment, I loved the use of Carol Marcus, and I really loved the introduction and allusions to Section 31, one of my favourite concepts in all of Trek, ever. When my friends asked me where I thought it ranked in comparison to the 11 that had preceded it, I was forced to admit it may have been my second-favourite ever after First Contact - because I loved the Picard crew, and I have a never-ending hard on for the Borg.

As ever, there then followed a debate about who we would cast in a Next Gen reboot, but that needn't be discussed here. :picardfacepalm: