• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

what game are you playing right now?

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

I just unlocked Mexico, going to play it for a couple hours tonight.

Red Dead Redemption is one of those rare games that I wish I could erase it from my memory after playing it. That way every time I start it up again I can go into it with that brand new feeling. It's that special of a game

Red Dead Redemption is one of those rare games that I wish I could erase it from my memory after playing it. That way every time I start it up again I can go into it with that brand new feeling. It's that special of a game

My thoughts exactly. I loved that game.

I wish they'd remaster it.

Black Desert Online. New MMO from Korea, I think.

I know some people think MMO's are a dying breed but I still enjoy them. This one looks good so far. No subscription needed. I only played it for a little while over the weekend. Got to level 8.

It's got potential.

:cool:

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/ari-dee said:
Ari Dee[/URL][/B], post: 9396093, member: 498873"]Street Fighter V & Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 :D

Nice, how is Street Fighter these days? I haven't played it since Alpha 3.

I'm playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS.

Nice, how is Street Fighter these days? I haven't played it since Alpha 3.

I'm playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS.

The gameplay of Street Fighter V is really good. It's just that the game is mostly online only at the moment. It's pretty bare bones, there is no arcade mode or substantial story mode. There is a Survival Mode with multiple difficulties and quick 3 to 4 fight story mode for each character but a real story mode will be added in June for FREE. They just added Challenge mode last month which is pretty much like Trials from Street Fighter IV to help you with moves and combos. Capcom mostly had to get the game out so that it would be available for the fighting game tournaments.

They're also going to finally stop issuing mulitiple iterations of the same game with Street Fighter V. You will only need the one disc and everything else will be issued through DLC. You can earn fight money in game to purchase costumes and DLC characters, Alex from Street Fighter 3 has been released and another character will be released this month, either Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri or Urien; they cost about 100,000 fight money, costumes are about 40,000 fight money. If you absolutely can't be bothered with earning fight money, which you have to play A LOT of Street Fighter online, then you can use real money to purchase the characters for about $6.00 and I believe $4.00 for costumes. So you can either use "game money" or real money but they're trying to entice you to use real money for instant gratification. A much better solution than with Street Fighter IV and their multiple iterations and costume DLC.

The game is also only available on PS4 and PC because Sony put up the money to make the game and Microsoft said no. Capcom has stated that no version of Street Fighter V, if they so happen to ever do a "Super, Ultra, Rainbow etc... edition will appear on Xbox One.

Has anybody got a hold of the new Ratchet & Clank remake? I've always like most of those games and wonder if the new one is any good.

I'm in the middle of playing other stuff, but just got a hold of an old school NES, and am playing Castlevania because I couldn't resist. It reminds me of how tough those old games where, although jumping back into it I think of lot of it's the lack of refinement of the controls along with some of the old games insane difficulty. You would think controls would be more intuitive because you only have to worry about two buttons, but nope. On this one I keep getting screwed up on the stairs when I want to throw my secondary weapon. :1orglaugh Having enemies spawn and come at me in both directions is something I have to reg used to again too.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
The gameplay of Street Fighter V is really good. It's just that the game is mostly online only at the moment. It's pretty bare bones, there is no arcade mode or substantial story mode. There is a Survival Mode with multiple difficulties and quick 3 to 4 fight story mode for each character but a real story mode will be added in June for FREE. They just added Challenge mode last month which is pretty much like Trials from Street Fighter IV to help you with moves and combos. Capcom mostly had to get the game out so that it would be available for the fighting game tournaments.

They're also going to finally stop issuing mulitiple iterations of the same game with Street Fighter V. You will only need the one disc and everything else will be issued through DLC. You can earn fight money in game to purchase costumes and DLC characters, Alex from Street Fighter 3 has been released and another character will be released this month, either Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri or Urien; they cost about 100,000 fight money, costumes are about 40,000 fight money. If you absolutely can't be bothered with earning fight money, which you have to play A LOT of Street Fighter online, then you can use real money to purchase the characters for about $6.00 and I believe $4.00 for costumes. So you can either use "game money" or real money but they're trying to entice you to use real money for instant gratification. A much better solution than with Street Fighter IV and their multiple iterations and costume DLC.

The game is also only available on PS4 and PC because Sony put up the money to make the game and Microsoft said no. Capcom has stated that no version of Street Fighter V, if they so happen to ever do a "Super, Ultra, Rainbow etc... edition will appear on Xbox One.

Hmm, interesting. Sad to see the basic game melt away and focus on online. I'm a more than a little tired of DLC, hot patches, and all that other online microtransation crap.

I'm in the middle of playing other stuff, but just got a hold of an old school NES, and am playing Castlevania because I couldn't resist. It reminds me of how tough those old games where, although jumping back into it I think of lot of it's the lack of refinement of the controls along with some of the old games insane difficulty. You would think controls would be more intuitive because you only have to worry about two buttons, but nope. On this one I keep getting screwed up on the stairs when I want to throw my secondary weapon. :1orglaugh Having enemies spawn and come at me in both directions is something I have to reg used to again too.

Yes! That's one of my favourite games ever! The stairs are your enemy, but you know what I hate? Well, besides medusa heads... those fucking ravens. Their flight path makes no sense!

Yes! That's one of my favourite games ever! The stairs are your enemy, but you know what I hate? Well, besides medusa heads... those fucking ravens. Their flight path makes no sense!

A lot of those erratic flying enemies in the NES games where a nightmare. The red devils or gargoyles or whatever they were in Ghost and Goblins come to mind. The birds in Ninja Gaiden might have been the worst part of the game(...well besides the enemies sitting on short platforms. Even them people can get by them by damage boosting through them, but I almost consider that cheating. :1orglaugh, and even doing that without screwing up isn't very easy. With the birds however there is no choice but to pretty much memorize entire levels to deal with them.)

People that have only experienced modern games don't know how easy they have it. Even something like the Dark Souls games now are forgiving compared to many of the old NES games. When people ask how I got good at video games or got good hand eye reflexes in general I tell them it's because I played old school Nintendo when I was a little kid. You either got good or ended up hating video games as it weeded out the weak. (or those without the fortitude to withstand insane amounts of trial and error and repetition until you finally got it right.) That is one thing I don't like about them though. It's that people couldn't play the hard ones organically and have fun or at least win it like more modern games. There was no way anybody was beating them on their first try...or the tenth...or probably the fiftieth. There is different types of appeal for both eras, and for the old games that appeal probably wouldn't work as well with the wider audience games are sold to now.

Hearthstone

The new expansion seems pretty fun. I played the generic slow C'Thun decks that everyone's trying but I'm a little scared with some of the new cards that it will devolve into who's C'Thun gets played on turn 10 wins. Early days though. I played a warlock zoo deck with some of the new cards and that style was certainly punishing the slow decks that people were playing.

Most fun I've had with the game since release. :)

While I'm on a retro gaming kick right now, I decided to see if I could dig up my SNES and Super Punch Out. I found out I still have the system and the game...only to also find out I now have no idea what happened to the controllers for it.

While I'm on a retro gaming kick right now, I decided to see if I could dig up my SNES and Super Punch Out. I found out I still have the system and the game...only to also find out I now have no idea what happened to the controllers for it.
You should come over sometime, I have my SNES still hooked up to my one remaining CRT :)
You can buy SNES controllers on ebay & other stores for pretty cheap, so as long as your system & games are working you're gold. Old school systems (Pre-optical Disk) were built like tanks; no YLOD, no motors burning out, etc.

These days I love a good binge of the Seiken (Secret of Mana) games with a speedrun of Mario World.

You should come over sometime, I have my SNES still hooked up to my one remaining CRT :)
You can buy SNES controllers on ebay & other stores for pretty cheap, so as long as your system & games are working you're gold. Old school systems (Pre-optical Disk) were built like tanks; no YLOD, no motors burning out, etc.

These days I love a good binge of the Seiken (Secret of Mana) games with a speedrun of Mario World.

I'd like to find the original controllers for it. I hear most aftermarket ones aren't that good for most of the old systems.

The SNES seems like it could last a long time and was built like a tank. The original NES I don't know about. Even back when they were still being sold both the consoles and the cartridges were finicky, and time hasn't done anything but make it worse even with the lack of moving parts. Although, there never seems to be a problem that blowing into the cartridges can't fix. :1orglaugh

I'd like to find the original controllers for it. I hear most aftermarket ones aren't that good for most of the old systems.
The SNES seems like it could last a long time and was built like a tank. The original NES I don't know about. Even back when they were still being sold both the consoles and the cartridges were finicky, and time hasn't done anything but make it worse even with the lack of moving parts. Although, there never seems to be a problem that blowing into the cartridges can't fix. :1orglaugh
It is true that aftermarket controllers aren't quite the same. I can actually physically feel the difference in my hand (particularity the button springs). But in general they get the job done, and really, you're not going to find a new official nintendo SNES controller so there isn't much choice.

The NES was before my time so I don't know either. But I still see working ones in thrift shops and conventions, so they seem pretty resilient.

But my SFC has even survived earthquakes.
*old man voice* "They don't make them like they used to"
Ironic that the only thing that really could damage an SNES was the moisture from blowing on the cartridges :)

My Steam collection is pushing a hundred games now. Most I've yet to touch.

I have a terrible case of restartitis. If a game doesn't offer any reply-ability, I'm pretty quick to shelve it for one that does. With that said, two games that I've continually played for almost twenty years now are the Baldur's Gate series and then the MMORPG Everquest.

Baldur's Gate could hold its own without any community mods, which there are a ton of, and without the newer Enhanced Editions. With that said, I've liked the series enough to buy three sets of the Enhanced Editions, one through Steam, one through GOG, and one directly from Beamdog. Beamdog has also released a new expansion for the first Baldur's Gate game and continually patches the series. You don't find that with many games two decades later.

Then there's Everquest. My first MMO and it will probably end up being the last. I've taken a couple short duration breaks over the years and tried quite a few of the other MMORPGs, but I've always ended up coming back to Everquest.

I didn't read through the entire thread, but do we have many women gamers here?

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Crimson Shroud on 3DS. Its not bad. Especially if you're into tabletop rpgs. You roll polyhedrals in it.