• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you reading now?

Dean Koontz - The Good Guy.

S

sputnikgirl

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

This was one of the best, most engaging, most well-written books I've read in my life. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

This was one of the best, most engaging, most well-written books I've read in my life. I'd recommend it to anyone.

great book, it was like jack kerouack on acid.

haha no, to really at all. that would be cool though.

I've never read anything else by the author. I picked it up because of the subject matter (ugh, thanks oprah for giving it your endorsement, but it's not about chinese lesbians, so I don't know why your readers would be into it.) I guess I can say for certain that it is the least sci-fi post-apoc book ever written. But that's cool, I liked that. that was different. it's about the human side of the end of civilization.

Anyway, my point about the author.... HATED the ending! is this a trend with him? I think that he must have collaborated with steven king on that one.

Duma Key - Stephen King.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I had to begin from the beginning of The Children of Húrin.

I had to begin from the beginning of The Children of Húrin.

Isn't that the usual place where you begin?:dunno:

I didn't understand this book. I mean not plot-wise, but in publication. why revise and release this story like 20 years later (after the silmaril and Lost tales)? It just seemed really random. like is it supposed to be a precedent for putting out the other stories in the same format? But I haven't heard of any intention to do that. And why that one, instead of the earlier one's that proceed it? I don't get it.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Lol, i meant that i had to begin from the beginning again, 'cause i didn't plant that thingy so you know where you're at.

Duma Key - Stephen King.

Just finished The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. Great story that also happens to be historically accurate account of the World Exposition in Chicago and the serial killings that took place there at the same time.

I'm about to start Duma Key next.

Unnatural Exposure-Patricia Cornwell

Just got "50 simple things you can do to stay in denial as the world burns." (ironic satire)

even moreso because I knew about it, but I didn't go to the bookstore with the intention of buying it. By random coincide I happened upon the book "Myspace presents 50 simple things you can do to save the environment". which just really sealed the deal for me buying this one.

just for a clue in to what kind of stuff is in there it calculates how if every single person in America did all of the "eco friendly" things that Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth (my spell check keeps wanting to change it to "unconvincing", I guess it knows something we don't) suggests, than it would reduce the countries "carbon footprint" be a whooping total of 21%.