• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What are you listening to right now?

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Obedear by Purity Ring....I discovered them after watching this sexy video a few years ago and loved the music too! :cool:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Another Robin Trower band ...

Gary Brooker :bowdown:

Josh Phillips does a awesome job in the Matthew Fisher role as the organist. 👍

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Hey okay -- I put this in the Rest In Peace Ginger Baker Thread.

Blind Faith - Do What You Like (entire version)

"Do What You Like" :) penned by Mr. Baker himself and Elvin Jones ...

Although Steve Winwood's keyboards play a big role, and Eric's guitar and Rick's bass solo are good too. It is Ginger's extended drum solo which is awesome, and that snare drum is outstanding which then starts the keyboards up again in that riff.

My cousin told me that it was Stevie doing the "... Ding Dong, Berry Bomb" and Edward G. Robinson imitations.

The Peter Lorre' imitation well that was Ginger. :)

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Hey okay -- I put this in the Rest In Peace Ginger Baker Thread.

Blind Faith - Do What You Like (entire version)

"Do What You Like" :) penned by Mr. Baker himself and Elvin Jones ...

Although Steve Winwood's keyboards play a big role, and Eric's guitar and Rick's bass solo are good too. It is Ginger's extended drum solo which is awesome, and that snare drum is outstanding which then starts the keyboards up again in that riff.

My cousin told me that it was Stevie doing the Edward G. Robinson imitation. The Peter Lorre' imitation well that was Ginger. :)
Thank you for posting that version. It was new to me - and got me to the end of my work day. Nothing like a great 16-minute song to pass the time.

I can't find it on YouTube, but connecting the players somewhat: Voodoo Chile (on Electric Ladyland). A jam with Hendrix, Winwood,, Jack Casady and Mitch Mitchell.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Well this Hendrix Electric Ladyland version ....can't be played from youtube. Unless you confirm your age. Hehe. ; )

Capture.JPG

It was rumored that Steve Winwood's pal, Jim Capaldi played on drums also on "Crosstown Traffic." Two drum kits were brought in. One for Mitch and the other for Jim. Then they also said that Chris Wood also joined in. So there you have it. 3/4 of Traffic playing on "Crosstown Traffic" without Dave Mason of course. Wikipedia has said that Noel Redding, and Dave Mason also added background vocals to the unfinished tracks. So in effect you had all four members of Traffic playing on that song at some point. That's a fun fact.

I have this album version. Although it is the Polydor label not the more valuable Reprise. Oh well.

Speaking of Dave Mason. Here you go ...

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Well this Hendrix Electric Ladyland version ....can't be played from youtube. Unless you confirm your age. Hehe. ; )

View attachment 767541

It was rumored that Steve Winwood's pal, Jim Capaldi played on drums also on "Crosstown Traffic." Two drum kits were brought in. One for Mitch and the other for Jim. Then they also said that Chris Wood also joined in. So there you have it. 3/4 of Traffic playing on "Crosstown Traffic" without Dave Mason of course. Wikipedia has said that Noel Redding, and Dave Mason also added background vocals to the unfinished tracks. So in effect you had all four members of Traffic playing on that song at some point. That's a fun fact.

I have this album version. Although it is the Polydor label not the more valuable Reprise. Oh well.

Speaking of Dave Mason. Here you go ...

Mason did work on the original All Along the Watchtower. And here you go:

zipper_666

True Amateur Models
Approved Content Owner
This is a Death Metal band that I played in back in 1991. Seraphim from Hopewell, Virginia.

The band consisted of Chris Booth on vocals and guitar (15 years old) - Mike Lyman on drums (14 years old) and me (Ray Edwards) on Bass at 21 years old. It's not the best quality, but hey ...we did the best that we could at the time.

Last edited:

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
This is a band that I played in back in 1991.

The band consisted of Chris Booth on vocals and guitar (15 years old) - Mike Lyman on drums (14 years old) and me (Ray Edwards) on Bass at 21 years old. It's not the best quality, but hey ...we did the best that we could at the time.

Good stuff, zipper. I like the raw production too as it goes well with 1990s Death Metal. You still play bass or anything else?