• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

We Are The World - Song #3

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
So, where are all the celebrities calling for help for Chile after the earthquake they had?
Where is the call for a telethon?
Are you going to give for this quake?
Who's going to head up the call for new version of "We Are The World?"

I know the damage and loss of life was not near the same as Haiti, but don't the Chilean people deserve the same recognition from George Clooney?

Its cause they aren't black.

Yes, I understand Chile is in a much better position to handle this type of natural disaster, but at the same time, people died, buildings collapsed; the same as in Haiti.
Are those lives worth less than those in Haiti? Personally, I say no.
I guess that should have been part of my first post here. That's the reason I made this thread.
I do understand "it takes a bit more than 24 hours to organize these things" - StanScratch, - but I will be surprised if the "powerful" people come to this country's aid.
Thanks for everyones input.
Well if you feel that strongly about it donate. You don't have to wait until celebrities tell you to give money you know.
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/fromthefield/216872/777e986d219ba04ec5350be75c9c4850.htm

Fuck it, I'll sing the god damn song!

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

I know you want it,
The thing that makes me,
What the guys go crazy for.
They lose their minds,
The way I wind,
I think its time

After last night's rough encounter of a third penis. I'm sure that milkshake can now be called strawberry milkshake...

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I dont just give to things that are in the news , I give mostly to Scottish & British charitys , I have about 5 direct debits for them to take out each month and I would rather do something than not , even if it is just a little , like I said it could be you one day , so if I have extra cash I will give it away if I dont need it , I dont do it all the time and I get just as pissed off as the next man with it constantly being in your face but hey I have a home , family , money and Im grateful for what I have , I might not have been as lucky as some people but I know Im luckier than other people who have nothing

As for the guy who died , his kids will have a home , mother , family and its just one guy not millions affected

Millions of kids lose their mothers, fathers and homes each and every day. Earthquakes aren't the major cause of this either. Yet, it seems that most people only care if the story of how the child lost their mother, father or home is connected to some event that we, as a society, have deemed to be one that deserves our immediate attention. That man who died this mornning left behind a child, just as the people who perished in the earthquake. Just because he didn't die in an earthquake doesn't change the fact that he is one of many who have died in a similar way.

That is the point I was making.

habo9

Banned
Millions of kids lose their mothers, fathers and homes each and every day. Earthquakes aren't the major cause of this either. Yet, it seems that most people only care if the story of how the child lost their mother, father or home is connected to some event that we, as a society, have deemed to be one that deserves our immediate attention. That man who died this mornning left behind a child, just as the people who perished in the earthquake. Just because he didn't die in an earthquake doesn't change the fact that he is one of many who have died in a similar way.

That is the point I was making.

I know but its the mass of people affected at the one time , I know people who have lost there parents but they didnt lose there homes , jobs , relatives and there whole life in one fell swoop thats just the point I was making theres a difference

The charitys I give too arent your tradegy charitys its more for young people , homeless , special needs and things like that not disasters but it was the magnitude of the one in Haiti and the Tsunami that made me put my hand in my pocket , these are some of the poorest countrys in the world and if people on here cant see that they needed help , then the worlds a very sad place , I know a guy who works going over to countrys like Burma and places like that after disasters and he tells me what its like & the last couple of years I havent seen him because hes always away the last time I seen him was a little under 2 years ago when he came back from Burma....

So trivialize it if you want , the comparison is lame

So what your trying to say is that one kid whose father gets runover deserves as much as millions of impovrished people with no hope & who have nothing......:dunno:

Philbert

Banned
Actually, the one person gets better taken care of, more often than not, by the immediate neighbors and friends, family, etc if they have them.
If my neighbor gets killed, we give food and comfort for them, the Church steps in, and Mom can get Welfare, etc if needed.
In Haiti, they got no money or food to share, so even though they wanna help each other they ain't got nothing.
The massive aid the West brings is very now, and isn't gonna change the life of the kids growing up there a bit.
But for now, they eat, and live to have more impoverished VooDoo believing babies who won't build any better buildings than Dad did...and we don't have to deal with that right now.
It's like a short attention span thing, but no way is it better to let people starve to death, die from minor infections, and various other right now horrors after a giant natural disaster when we can help somewhat right now.
Later we can ignore the ignorant and impoverished Haitians as they wait for another minor disaster to wipe them out.
Example...Chile just had a major quake, and lost how many? A few hundred died out of how many millions? They got it under control...