• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

We Are The World - Song #3

jod0565

Member, you member...
So, where are all the celebrities calling for help for Chile after the earthquake they had?
Where is the call for a telethon?
Are you going to give for this quake?
Who's going to head up the call for new version of "We Are The World?"

I know the damage and loss of life was not near the same as Haiti, but don't the Chilean people deserve the same recognition from George Clooney?

I totally see this being ignored compared to Haiti. And I think race will play a factor in it being so. You think Jay Z would be making songs about Haiti if it were full of Latinos or Asians?

The first donation is in. Henry Kissinger sends tanks to Chile. Just like then.

Bono is busy with a concert promoting debt relief for third world countries (Guinea, Greece, USA)

Gordon Ramsay declined to help because he can't be bothered. "Why me? Every cunt can cook a fucking chili."

Isabel Allende threatens to write a cheesy novel with ghosts and gypsies about the tragic events.

Hugo Chavez sends 10,000 pioneers of the Bolivarian revolution to loot everything they can.

Pat Robertson has stated that the quake was the Lord's punishment for Chile's evil ways (Pat was ripped off by a teenage tranny on his last visit to Santiago)

Usher and Liza Minnelli are the only sign-ins to date for a charity event. Eminem declined to participate. He is planning fifty farewell-concerts in London.

habo9

Banned
So, where are all the celebrities calling for help for Chile after the earthquake they had?
Where is the call for a telethon?
Are you going to give for this quake?
Who's going to head up the call for new version of "We Are The World?"

I know the damage and loss of life was not near the same as Haiti, but don't the Chilean people deserve the same recognition from George Clooney?

The difference is Chile has an infrastructure and is much better equipped to handle these situations and most of the building are built so they dont fall down...plus they are getting help but it wont be to the extent of Haiti

Haiti is one of the poorest countrys in the world , the buildings are not built for earthquakes and they just dont have the funds or infrastructure to help themselves so they have to rely on handouts.....

Tbh this is a stupid thread , even the blindest man can see Haiti needed by far the most help , I would even go as far as to say this thread is a little bit racist , even if it wasnt meant to be

habo9

Banned
I wouldn't call it racist. Just alarmingly naive & ill-informed.

Yeah and that as well , but theres racist undertones in this thread as well :thumbsup:

As I said before I dont think it was meant , but its there

habo9

Banned
Show me the racism in my post, habo.

Personally I wasnt talking about your post , the last part in my 1st post wasnt aimed directly at you , but as you read down the posts you can see it changing , to me its like well we helped the blacks so everyone should get the help they got , even though they had nothing compared to Chile....

Hope you get what I mean , I know that wasnt the way you meant the thread but thats the way its developing

Your post isnt racist its just ignorant

jod0565

Member, you member...
This thread was meant to stir emotions like yours - it's not ignorant. It worked.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I wouldn't have given any relief to either one of them, but that's just me...

habo9

Banned
I wouldn't have given any relief to either one of them, but that's just me...

I did , maybe Im just stupid but I think "What if it was me in that situation?" and no-one helped , its not there fault plus theres kids that have lost there parents and vice versa , there homes , mostly everything in a few seconds

Im just happy Ive never had to face anything like this :hatsoff:

Such a life changing experience & I doesnt hurt to show a little compassion & charity because you never know when it could be you :hatsoff:

jod0565

Member, you member...
Yes, I understand Chile is in a much better position to handle this type of natural disaster, but at the same time, people died, buildings collapsed; the same as in Haiti.
Are those lives worth less than those in Haiti? Personally, I say no.
I guess that should have been part of my first post here. That's the reason I made this thread.
I do understand "it takes a bit more than 24 hours to organize these things" - StanScratch, - but I will be surprised if the "powerful" people come to this country's aid.
Thanks for everyones input.

habo9

Banned
Yes, I understand Chile is in a much better position to handle this type of natural disaster, but at the same time, people died, buildings collapsed; the same as in Haiti.
Are those lives worth less than those in Haiti? Personally, I say no.
I guess that should have been part of my first post here. That's the reason I made this thread.
I do understand "it takes a bit more than 24 hours to organize these things" - Stanscratch, - but I will be surprised if the "powerful" people come to this country's aid.
Thanks for everyones input.

Of course every human life counts but when you put 250 ,000 deaths to what is Chile just now about 400 maybe a little more , it kind of puts it into perspective and as I said before Chile is by far more well equipped to handle this they have had earthquakes before and learned lessons

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I did , maybe Im just stupid but I think "What if it was me in that situation?" and no-one helped , its not there fault plus theres kids that have lost there parents and vice versa , there homes , mostly everything in a few seconds

Unfortunately, earthquakes are probably one of the least significant causes of that. That kind of shit happens each and every day where earthquakes and other natural disasters are hardly ever experienced. So, why not help those people instead? :dunno:

I'm not singling you out or putting down your generosity, but I don't understand why people usually only reach out to help others when there is some media endorsed "tragedy" that causes people to hop on some hypothetical, sympathy laden bandwagon. People die everyday, but it seems that most people only want to help ease the pain for those involved when the STORY is good.

Earthquake? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Tsunami? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Hurricane? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Fire? Happens all the time. They'll be ok.
Unwarranted rape and murder? Eh, whatever. Hey, what else is on?

There was a man in Lynwood, Illinois that was hit by a car and killed this morning. His kids no longer have a father. Why aren't people sending money to them? I'm willing to bet that if that man died in an earthquake that was covered by the worldwide media for the continuation of days and days and days, people would be sending him money. But, since he "only" got hit by a car, nobody gives a shit about him or the children he left behind.

:2 cents:

habo9

Banned
Unfortunately, earthquakes are probably one of the least significant causes of that. That kind of shit happens each and every day where earthquakes and other natural disasters are hardly ever experienced. So, why not help those people instead? :dunno:

I'm not singling you out or putting down your generosity, but I don't understand why people usually only reach out to help others when there is some media endorsed "tragedy" that causes people to hop on some hypothetical, sympathy laden bandwagon. People die everyday, but it seems that most people only want to help ease the pain for those involved when the STORY is good.

Earthquake? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Tsunami? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Hurricane? OH MY GOD!!! That's awful!!!
Fire? Happens all the time. They'll be ok.
Unwarranted rape and murder? Eh, whatever. Hey, what else is on?

There was a man in Lynwood, Illinois that was hit by a car and killed this morning. His kids no longer have a father. Why aren't people sending money to them? I'm willing to bet that if that man died in an earthquake that was covered by the worldwide media for the continuation of days and days and days, people would be sending him money. But, since he "only" got hit by a car, nobody gives a shit about him or the children he left behind.

:2 cents:

I dont just give to things that are in the news , I give mostly to Scottish & British charitys , I have about 5 direct debits for them to take out each month and I would rather do something than not , even if it is just a little , like I said it could be you one day , so if I have extra cash I will give it away if I dont need it , I dont do it all the time and I get just as pissed off as the next man with it constantly being in your face but hey I have a home , family , money and Im grateful for what I have , I might not have been as lucky as some people but I know Im luckier than other people who have nothing

As for the guy who died , his kids will have a home , mother , family and its just one guy not millions affected

Fuck it, I'll sing the god damn song!

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,
And their like
It's better than yours,
Damn right it's better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge

I know you want it,
The thing that makes me,
What the guys go crazy for.
They lose their minds,
The way I wind,