• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Vietnamese general who defeated France and the US dies at 102

Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap, Who Ousted U.S. From Vietnam, Is Dead

Vo Nguyen Giap, the relentless and charismatic North Vietnamese general whose battlefield victory at Dien Bien Phu drove France out of Vietnam and whose tenacious resistance to the United States in a long and costly war there eventually sapped America’s political will to fight, died on Friday in Hanoi. He was believed to be 102.

20131005_GIAP-slide-AQPF-articleLarge.jpg

Giap and Genral McNamara in 1995

The death was reported by several Vietnamese news organizations, including the respected Tuoi Tre Online, which said he died in an army hospital.

General Giap was among the last survivors of a generation of Communist revolutionaries who in the postwar decades freed Vietnam of colonial rule and fought a superpower to a stalemate. In his later years, he was a living reminder of a war that was mostly old history to the Vietnamese, many of whom were born after it had ended.

But he had not faded away. He was regarded as an elder statesman in a unified Vietnam whose hard-line views had softened with the cessation of war. He supported economic overhaul and closer relations with the United States while publicly warning of the spread of Chinese influence and the environmental costs of industrialization.

A teacher and journalist with no formal military training, Vo Nguyen Giap (pronounced vo nwin ZHAP) joined a ragtag Communist insurgency in the 1940s and built it into a highly disciplined force that through 30 years of revolution and civil war ended an empire and united a nation.

He was charming and volatile, an erudite military historian and an intense nationalist who used his personal magnetism to motivate his troops and fire their devotion to their country. His admirers put him in the company of MacArthur, Rommel and other great military leaders of the 20th century.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/world/asia/gen-vo-nguyen-giap-dies.html?_r=0

rivasky

the special one
kudos to just anyone who kills frogs and yanks.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I hope he shit himself and then choked on his own vomit.

R.I.P. (you little zipperhead) :)

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I hope they make a statue of him in Hanoi,it's the least they can do.Although he probably had the Chinese army helping him out at the time.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
First off, America wasn't defeated by Vietnam...we walked away like pussy's. Secondly, anyone can defeat France...that's like beating up an old lady.

rivasky said:
kudos to just anyone who kills frogs and yanks.

As an American, all I can say is, go fuck yourself you infected ball bag full of festering cock snot. As a man that has no love for the French...except for georges...fuck you again, just because.

Rey C said:

R.I.P. (you little zipperhead)

Great post man...God I love you!

HehehehehehehehehehahaHyena said:
Don't disrespect the fallen.

He wasn't one of "the fallen", he was a ruthless dictator, that sent people to die, for a cause that contradicts EVERYTHING America is supposed to stand for. Although I wonder if some of the shitbags we have running this country didn't learn something from the little shitbag...and respect is earned, never given.

tartanterrier said:
I hope they make a statue of him in Hanoi,it's the least they can do.Although he probably had the Chinese army helping him out at the time.

Absolutely he did, and the Russians. MiG's, aren't made by the Vietnamese, and neither are AK47's. MANY American pilots from that war have stated that, in dog fights, they were close enough to see, the pilot they were engaged with were clearly not Asian....and if the Chinese were pouring over the boarders in Korea, you know they were in Vietnam.

Fuck this little shitbag...I wish we could arrange for some Vietnam veterans to go over there, and piss on his grave.

Mayhem

Banned
First off, America wasn't defeated by Vietnam...we walked away like pussy's. Secondly, anyone can defeat France...that's like beating up an old lady.

As an American, all I can say is, go fuck yourself you infected ball bag full of festering cock snot. As a man that has no love for the French...except for georges...fuck you again, just because.

Great post man...God I love you!

He wasn't one of "the fallen", he was a ruthless dictator, that sent people to die, for a cause that contradicts EVERYTHING America is supposed to stand for. Although I wonder if some of the shitbags we have running this country didn't learn something from the little shitbag...and respect is earned, never given.

Absolutely he did, and the Russians. MiG's, aren't made by the Vietnamese, and neither are AK47's. MANY American pilots from that war have stated that, in dog fights, they were close enough to see, the pilot they were engaged with were clearly not Asian....and if the Chinese were pouring over the boarders in Korea, you know they were in Vietnam.

Fuck this little shitbag...I wish we could arrange for some Vietnam veterans to go over there, and piss on his grave.

Show some class. :nono:

First of all, he wasn't a dictator, he was a general.
Second, he "sent people to die and was against America"? Sounds like George W Bush if you ask me.
Third, without the French and Prussians, there is no America.
Fouth, show some class (again). No one hated Nazis more than Gen. Patton, yet he admired Rommel greatly. And so did Montgomery. And so did every other Allied leader.

And yes, Vietnam defeated America. Which was inevitable. If you don't believe me, ask Gen. Douglas Macarthur. And you don't get to call Vietnam Vets pussies unless you're one of them.

Mr. Daystar

No one called Vietnam Veterans pussies...but the leaders at the time were...they wouldn't let us even try to win that war. More bombs were dropped by our B52's, on the South, then in the North. It was a cluster fuck of ineptitude from the beginning. And you should know better of me, then to think I would call ANY American war vet, anything but a hero. Now, as far as the class part goes...THEY STARTED IT!!!

When did he "defeat" the US? OK, so he was North Vietnam's defense minister. The Tet Offensive was a surprise attack during a cease fire that failed. Yes, it was a turning point for the general public here in the US, which led to the US pulling out of Vietnam, but that effort was a massive defeat for the Communists. Most people are not aware of that fact. Otherwise, many Southeast Asian countries today would be communist like N. Korea and China.

Truth.

Mayhem

Banned
No one called Vietnam Veterans pussies...but the leaders at the time were...they wouldn't let us even try to win that war. More bombs were dropped by our B52's, on the South, then in the North. It was a cluster fuck of ineptitude from the beginning. And you should know better of me, then to think I would call ANY American war vet, anything but a hero. Now, as far as the class part goes...THEY STARTED IT!!!

It doesn't matter who started anything, it only ever matters who ended it. And the "class" part was in reference toward Vo Nguyen Giap. People better than me and you have a lot of respect for a great General. He led by example, he defeated 2 superpowers, he fought for HIS country, and he lived to see his country become friends with his former enemy.

And you obviously missed the Macarthur reference. "Never get involved in a land war in Asia" has been proven twice. It's not Giap's fault we invaded HIS country.

Funny how Americans think that patriotism only applies to us.

Mr. Daystar

It doesn't matter who started anything, it only ever matters who ended it. And the "class" part was in reference toward Vo Nguyen Giap. People better than me and you have a lot of respect for a great General. He led by example, he defeated 2 superpowers, he fought for HIS country, and he lived to see his country become friends with his former enemy.

And you obviously missed the Macarthur reference. "Never get involved in a land war in Asia" has been proven twice. It's not Giap's fault we invaded HIS country.

Funny how Americans think that patriotism only applies to us.

I got the MacArthur joke...it was about Korea, correct? I know patriotism isn't exclusive to the United States...but look at how they treated our POW's...I can't respect that, even if he was a great General.

If he did defeat the Untied States strategically, then it's possible he ranks up there with other great Generals of our time.

R.I.P. (you little zipperhead) :)

I'm sure he said the same thing to the 211,454 U.S. soldiers that died trying to oust him in Vietnam.

Mr. Daystar

It wasn't a joke. :facepalm: It wasn't about Korea :facepalm: And take a look at how we treat POWs. :facepalm:

Yeah, I realized after I left this thread, it's about Burma, and the "I shall return" quote. At least that's about all I can think of..and I guess joke wasn't the right word.Listen, I don't know what to tell you, I'm not gonna lie and say I'm sorry he's dead, nor do I give a fuck if he rests in peace Mayhem, and when people are all for killing Americans, I tend to find that annoying. It is, what it is.

Mr. Daystar

Burma? Seriously. Are you here on purpose or do you keep clicking this thread by mistake?

Well, high school was a long time ago, I'm done guessing, and you're starting to sound like a certain ocsm...so why don't you just say it, and lets just get on with it.