• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

US Debt Predictions for Aug. 2.

Aug. 3 predictions for US Debt Solution?

• Compromise with tax hikes.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Compromise with no tax hikes.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Something else temporary.

Votes: 12 37.5%

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You had Pelosi who pledged no more pork..but then added 5 trillion dollars to the debt.\
Okay..that's a statement. Specify which was the pork.
Trust me, democracy has failed, as it will always fail.When 51% have more say than the other 49%, what do you have?A democratic government can be just as oppressing as a totalitarian state.The right of the strongest is the only right that makes any sense, that is natural.Some say the pen is mightier than the sword, but the man with the sword can force the man with the pen what to write.

Uh...okay.:dunno:

You had Pelosi who pledged no more pork..but then added 5 trillion dollars to the debt.

Wow, just wow. Pelosi's pork is responsible for the debt now?

Let's checkout some actual numbers, notice something there? It dropped dramatically after Dems took over Congress and you were saying?

09292e.jpg

Backup link - http://i.imgur.com/2l77G.jpg

Trust me, democracy has failed, as it will always fail.

I would rather say that the media has failed given the fact that most people who are worried about debt and deficits do not even know where it is coming from.

This is past the point of a comedy. makes one wonder how good ones judgement was to vote these folks into office. Does it makes us look as dumb as they look for thinking they knew what they were doing? I doubt it. A good dictatorship might be what we need.

This is past the point of a comedy. makes one wonder how good ones judgement was to vote these folks into office. Does it makes us look as dumb as they look for thinking they knew what they were doing? I doubt it. A good dictatorship might be what we need.

The debt ceiling has been raised many times in recent history. Of course that isn't a necessary case for just willy nilly spending and raising it but if the GOPers allow the country to suffer the ramifications of default just because they refuse to raise it...THEN tackle what they have a problem with... I just frankly don't know what we should then do about them.

It is unfortunate that it takes this for some people to see what lengths GOPers will go to just for the sake of politics. You would have thought the obviousness of that was visible when they defended Bush going around FISA courts and then giving him a blank check on Iraq...but noooooooo....:brick:

By comparison...GOPers made the (weak) case against letting the Bush tax cuts expire and Demos, against their better judgment and politics played ball with them...now look what happened...

The debt ceiling has been raised many times in recent history. Of course that isn't a necessary case for just willy nilly spending and raising it but if the GOPers allow the country to suffer the ramifications of default just because they refuse to raise it...THEN tackle what they have a problem with... I just frankly don't know what we should then do about them.

It is unfortunate that it takes this for some people to see what lengths GOPers will go to just for the sake of politics. You would have thought the obviousness of that was visible when they defended Bush going around FISA courts and then giving him a blank check on Iraq...but noooooooo....:brick:

By comparison...GOPers made the (weak) case against letting the Bush tax cuts expire and Demos, against their better judgment and politics played ball with them...now look what happened...

Excellent points - the GOP is who is being revealed to be divided and unable to accomplish anything. The Dems have conceded a lot, but it just isn't enough for the GOP wankers.

C'mon, people. Think of your constituents.

josesentme

Banned
I think the GOP do not have a good game plan and are burdened by their ideology and the mental midgets in the Tea Party, however, they are trying to address the issue and not just let it go.

Business as usual is to commit to spending now and fall short on a promise to reduce spending later. That isn't partisan, that is across the board.

Everyone is to blame for this. This should have been worked out a while ago. I don't care about the finger pointing and excuses. I would fire a team in my company if they put me in this situation. Anyone who is defending anyone in Washington looks to me like they sold out.

They need to grab some cases of Sam Adams and get this damn thing done, NOW.

Once they are done, they need to turn some heat on Moody's and S&P and see if there is cause to sue them for interfering in our political system.

I think the GOP do not have a good game plan and are burdened by their ideology and the mental midgets in the Tea Party, however, they are trying to address the issue and not just let it go.

Business as usual is to commit to spending now and fall short on a promise to reduce spending later. That isn't partisan, that is across the board.
Logical but not practical in this case. This is tantamount to playing around with paying the rent just because you want your wife to promise you she'll cut back on her spa visits first...WHILE you refuse to take on more hours at work to pay the bills for your previous shopping spree at home depot.

You think it's wise to get the eviction papers, pay the extra money you already don't have in late fees, legal fees, etc. Then injure your credit with the eviction to the point that it affects your future financing??
Everyone is to blame for this.

True...but everyone isn't to blame for this....get it?

this is getting fucking serious -- wtf are the Asian markets gonna make of this Sunday/Monday. and check out usd/chf and usd/yen !! fuck me ! :shocked:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
You're all still scared about this? :1orglaugh

This is just another skit they are perpetrating on everyone.

The supposed, United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996
Link

You're all still scared about this? :1orglaugh

This is just another skit they are perpetrating on everyone.

The supposed, United States federal government shutdown of 1995 and 1996
Link
:nono:
Wasn't that different?

First the economy was in far better shape and that wasn't a default...

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
Is it really that big a surprise when the rich manufacturers sold the U.S out in order to increase their profits. Shipping containers come in the U.S full and go out empty. The U.S used to make so many quality products that are primarily made in Asia now. It is the gluttony of the rich and lack of regulations on the "free market" perpetrated especially by the Republican Party that caused the subprime mortgage crisis. Lending money to people who can't really afford the payments. Genius?