• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

US Debt Predictions for Aug. 2.

Aug. 3 predictions for US Debt Solution?

• Compromise with tax hikes.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Compromise with no tax hikes.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Something else temporary.

Votes: 12 37.5%

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compromise with tax hikes.
Compromise with no tax hikes.
Something else temporary.
Default.

You need to add more options. Like no tax hikes but ending tax loopholes.

The best approach right now is to cut wasteful spending and closing tax loopholes.

The best approach right now is to cut wasteful spending and closing tax loopholes.

Maybe I should have added 'realistic' before the word 'prediction' in the question.

In other words, there's a chance they could do the smart thing but that is as likely as the sun failing to rise tomorrow.

Jon S.

Banned
Maybe I should have added 'realistic' before the word 'prediction' in the question.

In other words, there's a chance they could do the smart thing but that is as likely as the sun failing to rise tomorrow.

Yeah.....doing something smart in Washington......bwahahahahaha!!!!! These days I'd say the chances of that happening are about as good as the sun rising in the West and setting in the East! Ha ha ha! It's quite sad actually!

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
I'll take default for $500 Alex...

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
To be quite honest, I think the TEA baggers are going to essentially get what they want. This is the one group that has no willingness to bend even an inch. And it's the one group that is willing to let the United States slide into default. Most of them (and their loyal followers) are too dumb to even know what that means. The (more sane) Republicans are afraid of them and the Democrats are afraid of them. So rather than let these ignorant ideologues ruin this nation forever, I figure all the others will blink and just pass what the TEA baggers want: no tax hikes, no tax break dissolution/continued sweetheart tax breaks for certain industries, continued massive military spending, major cuts to entitlements... and a delay that will cause the U.S.'s credit rating to be downgraded. No default, but there will be a downgrade - just my wild ass guess.

Until intelligent people take back the GOP from these simple-minded wingnuts, you've basically got the Taliban running around the streets of D.C., ready to destroy the nation unless they get their way.

Until intelligent people take back the GOP from these simple-minded wingnuts, you've basically got the Taliban running around the streets of D.C., ready to destroy the nation unless they get their way.

Intelligent people haven't been in the GOP for about a decade now. These tea baggers are a flash in the pan. They will be voted out of office based on the fact that they all voted for the Paul Ryan plan. That was enough to make people turn on them. The funny thing is that the very people that put the tea party in office are the people that are now turning on them.

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868 as one of the Reconstruction Amendments.
snip...
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

No tax hike and close the loopholes. ;)

No way they will default. If they do, watch shit in America get ridiculously bad.

They'll get it done by then. Time to raise the debt ceiling - even all the Republican leadership is saying so - and then get extremely tough on debt reduction. The Tea Party is being made to look absolutely foolish, and the Republican in-fighting is being shown to be ridiculous.

Frankly, if the Republicans fail to get the debt ceiling raised, Obama has almost certainly won re-election. The Republicans will just look so bad.

No way they will default. If they do, watch shit in America get ridiculously bad.

They'll get it done by then. Time to raise the debt ceiling - even all the Republican leadership is saying so - and then get extremely tough on debt reduction. The Tea Party is being made to look absolutely foolish, and the Republican in-fighting is being shown to be ridiculous.

Frankly, if the Republicans fail to get the debt ceiling raised, Obama has almost certainly won re-election. The Republicans will just look so bad.

In who's interests (sheer politics) is it for this to even be this big of an issue?

Just think of how many times in your lifetime the debt limit has been raised yet...how come this is the first time the subject is rolling off the collective tongues of the average American??

Oh yeah...and the tea bagging dopes....:facepalm:

Why exactly is there a "debt limit" if it just gets raised when inconvenient?

Oh that's right so all of them will have something to tout to get re-elected.
"We set a debt limit! We are teh great!"

Why exactly is there a "debt limit" if it just gets raised when inconvenient?

Oh that's right so all of them will have something to tout to get re-elected.
"We set a debt limit! We are teh great!"

You start a business and in the early stages of the development of the business..your have a credit limit of 'x'. Years later you grow the business into this massive empire...now you may need a credit limit of 'y'. Make cents?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
A deal will be worked out. The Republicans are going to realize sooner or later that a possible financial crisis is not worth destroying Obama's chances in 2012...

...Or maybe they won't. They're kind of fucking retarded like that sometimes.