• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Movies Upcoming movies you're looking forward to

Threads that should be tagged Movies

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
The last one blew so can't see myself paying for this one. Martin Lawrence sounds out of breath just delivering lines.
Did you see that Popeye Will Smith thing that made the rounds?

The last one blew so can't see myself paying for this one. Martin Lawrence sounds out of breath just delivering lines.
I honestly don't remember any of the plot from the last one. And yet I'm still interesting in watching this one.
I do remember great action scenes and humour. You know exactly what you're getting. It's film comfort food.

The series either has amnesia or a different definition of "one last time" LOL

I liked the first one, and the theme of emotions battling it out in your mind resonates with anyone dealing with mental health/stress. Anxiety being brought in as a new emotion is definitely appropriate.

Roger Eggers has made some interesting movies so I will give this one a look also.

Nostalgia factor is through the roof on this one! The cast, the music, the humour are all back. Can't wait!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

Nostalgia factor is through the roof on this one! The cast, the music, the humour are all back. Can't wait!
I just watched it. It was okay, but not much better than okay. You might not be happy if you paid theater prices to see it.

I just watched it. It was okay, but not much better than okay. You might not be happy if you paid theater prices to see it.
As a fan of the original, it was (y)aces for me. If you're doing a nostalgia remake/sequel, don't mess with the original formula. Nostalgic simpletons like myself just want a callback to the original and no "reimagining" or crap like they did with Star Wars. Original cast, original theme, original humour. Just give us what we want :)

Also, it's true that "Black don't crack" - Eddie looks great!

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
As a fan of the original, it was (y)aces for me. If you're doing a nostalgia remake/sequel, don't mess with the original formula. Nostalgic simpletons like myself just want a callback to the original and no "reimagining" or crap like they did with Star Wars. Original cast, original theme, original humour. Just give us what we want :)

Also, it's true that "Black don't crack" - Eddie looks great!
I'm glad you liked it. I sorta felt bad telling you I didn't think it was as great as I was hoping, or You Might be a little disappointed. To me it just seemed some of the comedic aspects were a little forced. I'll probably watch it again, just to see if I like it a little better. Sometimes You Miss things the first time around, and you walk away with a different opinion.

I'm glad you liked it. I sorta felt bad telling you I didn't think it was as great as I was hoping, or You Might be a little disappointed. To me it just seemed some of the comedic aspects were a little forced. I'll probably watch it again, just to see if I like it a little better. Sometimes You Miss things the first time around, and you walk away with a different opinion.
No worries! To each their own, right?
It's a long weekend and I wanted a fun movie to relax to. The theme song is one of my favourite of all time, so just hearing variations of that throughout the movie, as well as themes bases on Harold Faltermeyer's original songs alone was enough for me to get a dopamine hit :). Throwing in all the original characters (who didn't miss a beat) was gravy.

Although this does prove that Hollywood would be dead if it wasn't for remakes & sequels...

I thought "Axel Foley" was okay. I was surprised that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was the love interest / action-ish cop. Although there weren't any fight scenes, he was deadly with his pistol.

Also: I don't know who did the writing but CLASSIC case of "woman not taking responsibility," in the scene where his daughter told Axel she was being a bitch on purpose, and he was SUPPOSED TO just power through it.

And: they totally catered to the actors' involved ages. The "chase" scenes were in a snow plow, and a meter-maid cart?!

Bonus: lots of sprinkled-in exotic cars! The Countach in the exotic car showroom window; at least a new Ferrari 296 in the impound lot, etc.

I don't recall a recall a trailer which showed as little about the plot or theme of the movie as this one. And oddly, I'm even more interested in it now.

"Barbarian" was good and this is made by the same people. Will give this one a look.