• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

University of California System Doesn't Offer History Courses

Has nothing to do with "textbook publisher" anything. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Textbooks and encyclopedias are two different things entirely. One is a teaching tool, the other is a research tool.

Professors themselves know that Wikipedia is not a good source to cite from. Why?

Wikipedia is NOT reliable. I could go on there right now and change an article. It's fine if you want to do some basic research, but if you want serious research, it sucks. Why?

I had a professor a few years ago recommend that we find our sources from wikipedia. Since they have the individual sources linked at the bottom, its a great way to atleast find a starting point. Although the information may not be reliable, the notes and references are.

what he specifically said was that they don't offer American history courses.

That is false. I just looked on the websites of several of the schools, and all offer US history in some form or another. Cal Berkeley, arguably the most "liberal" of the UC schools, has many courses in US History, although they mostly appear to be socially oriented....

UCLA is offering more than 15 U.S. History courses this Spring semester.
UCSD is offering 10+, Spring semester.
UCR has 5 offered.
UCSB 10 +.
UCD 10 offered.
UCSC 4 offered.

... And on and on and on. This isn't even considering the Graduate and Doctoral programs that are offered in US History at several of the UC schools.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Didn't Santorum also claim that people in the Netherlands have to wear bracelets that say "Please Don't Kill Me" so that the "gubment" doesn't round them up and euthanize them against their will? Say, has anybody seen Roald lately?! :eek:

Shit, I wanted to go to Rome with my girl at some point. But Urope is a damn scary place. If the dang dragons don't eat you, then the dang gubment will send around a van and take you off to be liquified... liquorized... liquidated? :dunno: Hell, I don't know. But they'll kill ya over thar!!! Them Uropers is crazy, is what they is!!!