• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

UN votes for air strikes on Libya as Gaddafi warns of reprisals if West attacks

FrostyBoy

Banned
Arming a regime, funding a regime, training it's security apparatus and vetoing anything at the UN which may harm it, goes beyond 'doing business'.

Well, the UN Security Council is made up of the biggest arms exporters in the world, so pointing at America only works if you're ready to use the rest of your fingers elsewhere. And as I said somewhere above, historically America is waaay behind the European countries when it comes to this sort of thing, so a chill pill might be in order. I'm not directing that at you, emcee (unless it applies :dunno: ), but to some of the other simplistic commentators here.

And keep in mind, I'm an isolationist. Screw the rest of the world. Let them starve, freeze, dehydrate, go blind, drink sewage and machine gun each other all on their own. But I don't make these decisions. I just get a bit steamed when people act like America has been doing anything different than the rest of the world. There is, in fact, nothing new, under the sun.

Facetious

Moderated
Mullen says stalemate may allow Gaddafi to remain in power in Libya

2011-03-21 11:40:00

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen has admitted that a stalemate could allow Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi to remain in power despite facing intenational military action gainst his forces.

He said that the outcome of military action from the air was "very uncertain" and made it clear that the US did not see the goal of Operation Odyssey Dawn as removing the Libyan leader from power, The Telegraph reports.

"The goals are limited. It's not about seeing him go. It's about supporting the United Nations resolution which talked about eliminating his ability to kill his own people," he said.

British Prime Minister David Cameron has backed French President Nicolas Sarkozy's statement that the only logical conclusion to the military campaign was the removal of Gaddafi.

US President Barack Obama, however, has recently lowered down his tone on the issue by describing the military action as a "limited military action in Libya in support of an international effort to protect Libyan civilians".

American and European forces had earlier launched a broad campaign of strikes against the Libyan Government, unleashing warplanes and missiles in a military intervention on a scale not seen since the Iraq war.

source
:facepalm:

^ WTF????!!!

Oh, great! It looks like more unfinished business for the next republican president . . where have we seen this before? :facepalm:

Facetious

Moderated
Farrakhan to Obama: ''Who in the hell do you think you are?''

Farrakhan blasts Obama on Libya decision

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan blasted U.S. President Barack Obama for taking part in an international coalition against Libyan Muammar Qaddafi.

The coalition, consisting of France, the United Kingdom and the U.S., began bombing strategic targets in Libya on Saturday. France’s air force is leading the air strikes.

The U.S. and UK have launched hundreds of missiles from naval ships.

Farrakhan, on a Chicago radio show, said he was outraged Obama took part in the attack.

“Why don’t you organize a group of respected Americans and ask for a meeting with Qaddafi, you can’t order him to step down and get out, who the hell do you think you are?”

He made the comments on WVON-AM.

Other international leaders standing by Qaddafi in his battle against rebels are Bolivia’s Evo Morales and Venezuela’s Hugo Chaves.

source

Facetious

Moderated
Illinois National Guard Heads to Libya
The unit specializes in refueling aircraft in mid-air
By SANDRA TORRES

An Air National Guard unit based out of Illinois is heading to Libya to help fight against Colonel Gaddafi.
"I am proud that the National Guard is able to play a part in curbing the atrocious violence against Libyan civilians by their own government,” said Maj. Gen. William L. Enyart, the Adjutant General of the Illinois National Guard, in a statement.
The unit based out of Scott Air Force Base in southwest Illinois specializes in refueling aircraft in mid-air and will join the mission to establish a no-fly zone over Libya.

more

Congress? :dunno:

Ohhhh, the un security council, I get it. :facepalm:

*Farrakhan, on a Chicago radio show, said he was outraged Obama took part in the attack.

“Why don’t you organize a group of respected Americans and ask for a meeting with Qaddafi, you can’t order him to step down and get out, who the hell do you think you are?” *

I´m sure, a group of *respected Americans* would NOT even talk to this BASTARD .
Today he told in the German news-tv, hell spread * terrorism all over the allies + their nations * .
To make it chronological :
1st. : Gaddafi accepted the UN-resolution
Result as well known: He did not act like this
2nd.: One day after he decided to attack civil objects.
Result : An attack of the UN-troops .
3rd. : Today he told on tv to spread terrorism allover the ppl.
Result : You will see, Gaddafi ...( or maybe you will not see no more. ) BASTARD ! :mad:

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Did anyone else hear about Dennis :tinhat: Kucinich and Ralph :tinhat: Nader call for Nobama's impeachment for overstepping his authority?

*steps back and rubs hands like Snidely Whiplash*

U.S. Air Force top gun crashes in Libya after third night of coalition air raids... as Gaddafi's tanks bombard rebel town

* Libyans claim civilians killed in third night of air strikes
* Chief of Defence Staff in spat with ministers over suggestions Libyan leader in assassination target
* U.S. warns that taking leader dead would be 'unwise' and risked undermining cohesion

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-legal-right-kill-Gaddafi.html#ixzz1HKDPvUcQ

article-1368633-0B4813DD00000578-344_472x297.jpg

Downed: F15E Eagle fighter jet, similar to that lost in Libya last night

article-1368633-0B47B37400000578-873_964x769.jpg

article-1368633-0B47B36800000578-371_472x775.jpg

emceeemcee

Banned
U.K. Foreign Secretary William Hague said there would be no ground invasion of Libya to take on Muammar Qaddafi’s forces “at the moment,” holding open the possibility of deploying troops in some capacity in the future.

“There can’t be an occupation force,” Hague told Sky News in London today. “That means you can’t have a ground invasion of Libya. It doesn’t exclude every possible type of operation.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-envisage-ground-troop-invasion-of-libya.html

He is pretty useless, I think the different UN countries involved have differing views on how this conflict should proceed, I think the Americans are against the removal of Gaddafi and a ground invasion after what happened in Iraq. It seems now they are reducing Gaddafi's military might which goes far beyond the agreed implementation of a no fly zone, this is treading in murky waters from a legal standpoint and causing unrest with our Arab allies. Our Chief of the Defence Staff General Sir David Richards has publicly said that Gaddafi is NOT a legitimate target after No 10 approved the bombing of his compound so there is already a strain between the army and the government, I predict this will end badly and I think Cameron is pushing for the removal of Gaddafi and ground forces in Libya, hasn't he learnt anything from Blair :facepalm:.

Libya War words erupts - Army chief says legal right kill Gaddafi

# Libyans claim civilians killed in third night of air strikes
# Chief of Defence Staff in spat with ministers over suggestions Libyan leader in assassination target
# U.S. warns that taking leader dead would be 'unwise' and risked undermining cohesion
# Italy calls for Nato co-ordination and labels current command structure 'anarchic'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-legal-right-kill-Gaddafi.html#ixzz1HKhpVYKw

article-1368633-0B4898DD00000578-67_964x605.jpg

Crashed: Onlookers surround the wreckage of a U.S Air Force F-15E fighter jet after it crashed near the eastern city of Benghazi

article-1368633-0B489A7F00000578-92_964x412.jpg

Ruins: The fighter jet crashed in Libya overnight after apparent mechanical failure

emceeemcee

Banned
He is pretty useless, I think the different UN countries involved have differing views on how this conflict should proceed, I think the Americans are against the removal of Gaddafi and a ground invasion after what happened in Iraq. It seems now they are reducing Gaddafi's military might which goes far beyond the agreed implementation of a no fly zone, this is treading in murky waters from a legal standpoint and causing unrest with our Arab allies. Our Chief of the Defence Staff General Sir David Richards has publicly said that Gaddafi is NOT a legitimate target after No 10 approved the bombing of his compound so there is already a strain between the army and the government, I predict this will end badly and I think Cameron is pushing for the removal of Gaddafi and ground forces in Libya, hasn't he learnt anything from Blair :facepalm:.

how do you think this is going to fare for Cameron domestically? Obviously it suits him to try and distract attention away from internal problems with a war.

how do you think this is going to fare for Cameron domestically? Obviously it suits him to try and distract attention away from internal problems with a war.

He has been cutting costs EVERWHERE since he came to power, 1000s have lost their jobs and the health service is a mess. This no fly zone should've taken just a day or two to set up, now that they are expanding their operations and prolonging the conflict people are already wondering where he's getting the money from and that it is needed elsewhere at home. Also the fact he seems to be deviating away from the agreed setting up of the no fly zone to seeming regime change is leaving people to think he is another Blair and this'll turn into another Iraq or Afghanistan. And i haven't heard from his No 2 Nick Clegg in weekd/months, the Lib Dems are probably wishing they'd joined with Labour rather than the Conservatives at the last election. ps I actually think the war is highlighting our internal problems rather than distracting from them, it is distracting away from the Afghanistan conflict though where we lost another soldier a few days ago which barely made the news.

FrostyBoy

Banned

He has been cutting costs EVERWHERE since he came to power, 1000s have lost their jobs and the health service is a mess. This no fly zone should've taken just a day or two to set up, now that they are expanding their operations and prolonging the conflict people are already wondering where he's getting the money from and that it is needed elsewhere at home. Also the fact he seems to be deviating away from the agreed setting up of the no fly zone to seeming regime change is leaving people to think he is another Blair and this'll turn into another Iraq or Afghanistan. And i haven't heard from his No 2 Nick Clegg in weekd/months, the Lib Dems are probably wishing they'd joined with Labour rather than the Conservatives at the last election. ps I actually think the war is highlighting our internal problems rather than distracting from them, it is distracting away from the Afghanistan conflict though where we lost another soldier a few days ago which barely made the news.

Ye Gods, it is sooooo nice to see discussion about a war, with 3 consecutive posts without the US being mentioned. :clap:

Please continue. :nanner:

FrostyBoy

Banned
^^^ Just had to kill the mood, din'tcha

emceeemcee

Banned
Anybody see the state department press conference where a journalist asked the spokesman "Is it your understanding of this resolution that it allows for the coalition to protect pro-Qadhafi civilians?" and "So a rebel is an empowered civilian? I mean, are rebel civilians? They bear arms; therefore, it would seem they don’t meet the definition of being a civilian."

Dude couldn't answer. Hilarious.

link-
http://link.brightcove.com/services...PALrFGi6o0QhQY9IxyliWBJ3Vq&bctid=845653904001

georges

Staff member
the f15 is one of the most reliable planes USA ever built, it has the logest and the most prestigious carreer alongwith the f4 phantom in the USAF, the phantom served from 1963 in the f4c variant in the navy, usmc, usaf and ang till the very last flight of the f4 g wild weasel II in 1991 during DESERT SHIELD. The first variant of the f15 eagle was introduced in early 1973 in the tac and later the strike eagle variant which appeared in 1988 was used for attacking. The eagle will remain in service till 2015-2020. It is also with this same plane that the Israeli Air Force has the highest ratio kills against any other type of plane.

georges

Staff member
source

^ WTF????!!!

Oh, great! It looks like more unfinished business for the next republican president . . where have we seen this before?

We have seen that before with the Clinton and the Clinton's bitch :yesyes::facepalm::thefinger::elaugh:

the f15 is one of the most reliable planes USA ever built, it has the logest and the most prestigious carreer alongwith the f4 phantom in the USAF, the phantom served from 1963 in the f4c variant in the navy, usmc, usaf and ang till the very last flight of the f4 g wild weasel II in 1991 during DESERT SHIELD. The first variant of the f15 eagle was introduced in early 1973 in the tac and later the strike eagle variant which appeared in 1988 was used for attacking. The eagle will remain in service till 2015-2020. It is also with this same plane that the Israeli Air Force has the highest ratio kills against any other type of plane.

I recall reading an article that described fatigue cracks on some of the F-15E airframes.

Without a doubt the F-15 is the best multi role aircraft ever made, in fact it's even better than the F-22.