• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ukraine

I logged on thinking I would see the powers that be on this board battling over what should be done, if anything about the Ukraine situation.

Makes me miss the ol' days. ( I could name the Freeones belligerents...)

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The ghost of Neville Chamberlain just told Dear Leader and John Kerry to sack up.

It's a good thing Ukraine isn't a member of NATO or we'd HAVE to go to war. Whew.

The U.S. is drawing down it's forces to pre-WWII levels. Russia is on it's way to re-annexing it's former satellites. China has it's own territorial ambitions in the western pacific.

Do you see history repeating itself?

Putin said russian forces are in Crimea to protect the ethnic russian population. Sudetenland anyone?

There truly is nothing new under the sun.

NATO needs to show some teeth and start building up the borders of Turkey, Greece, Slovakia, Romainia, and the northern Baltic states.

Putin is pushing a power play to bring back the Soviet Bloc. If we are not going do something in Ukraine, we (NATO) need to play the card like Hitler that you can't fight the world.

Will see how this plays out but the easier solution is to give Putin his Hitler type of land grab with getting the Crimea back. Indian giver type of bull, but the bucks stops there and Ukraine stays independent.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Kerry's words reaffirm how right we got it in the 2004 election and how wrong we got it in 2012.

Mayhem

Banned
I logged on thinking I would see the powers that be on this board battling over what should be done, if anything about the Ukraine situation.

I think you've gotten your answer as to why some of us may have decided that video games and Star Trek reruns are a better use of time than posting topics anymore. Lord knows that i haven't seen a response so far that I didn't know beforehand was going to there, pretty much word-for-word.

I think you've gotten your answer as to why some of us may have decided that video games and Star Trek reruns are a better use of time than posting topics anymore. Lord knows that i haven't seen a response so far that I didn't know beforehand was going to there, pretty much word-for-word.

It is clearly troll behavior. After a pretty busy day at the rock quarry, I was looking for some entertainment. What a let down when I didn't see any carnage.

Of course you're right, Mayah. I do thank the folks above in giving a good go. My favorite is "The ghost of Neville Chamberlain just told Dear Leader and John Kerry to sack up."

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I think Obama should make W. Bush a special envoy. Yeah, let's send ol' Mumbles over to have a chat with Vlad. He can explain to him that one thing that the U.S. will not stand for is one sovereign nation invading and occupying another sovereign nation on a trumped up premise. Coming from Mumbles, I'm sure that will carry a lot of weight and save the day.

Is Putin a bad dude? Yep.
Is what he's doing wrong? Yep.
Will the Europeans do jackshit about it? Nope.
Do they (again) expect the U.S. to take the lead? Of course.
Do they want to get involved and risk Russia cutting off their supply of gas (still cold over there, is it?)? Hell no!
And lastly, just what solutions have the crazy-brave, armchair warriors in the U.S. come up with so far? World War III! :nanner: World War III! :nanner: World War III! :nanner:

And what is my solution? I believe I'm going to finish this roast beef & Swiss sammich and wash it down with a Diet Coke. I feel bad for the people of Ukraine... Egypt, Syria, on the Gaza Strip, Somalia, Rwanda, North Korea and every other place in the world where there is a corrupt government or war and conflict. I really do. But I'm fucking tired of people looking at my country (our soldiers and and my tax money) every time there is a problem and asking, "what are we going to do about it?" We?! What "we"?! Do they have a mouse in their pocket?! We can't (won't!!!) build roads, bridges, schools, transportation systems or power grids here because we (supposedly) don't have the money. But now I hear that Ukraine may need as much as $35 billion (U.S.) dollars over the next 3-5 years. Now, call me paranoid, but I just wonder who is expected to foot the bill for that? Hmm? Well, we can always borrow it from China and do a wire transfer, I suppose.

Not one fucking cent! Not one fucking American boot on the ground! Not one fucking Air Force jet in the air! If Poot-In moves into Alaska and makes Sar@h Palin his hostage/love slave, then maybe we start to mobilize some troops... or just put a price on Alaska and throw her in as a booby prize. IMO, all he's doing is showing off to the Russian nationalists (and some Russian teen age girls he has his eye on) and solidifying his power domestically. Too much of his immense wealth is in the West. He may be crazy but ol' Vlad ain't (that) stupid.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I think Obama should make W. Bush a special envoy. Yeah, let's send ol' Mumbles over to have a chat with Vlad. He can explain to him that one thing that the U.S. will not stand for is one sovereign nation invading and occupying another sovereign nation on a trumped up premise. Coming from Mumbles, I'm sure that will carry a lot of weight and save the day.

Do they want to get involved and risk Russia cutting off their supply of gas (still cold over there, is it?)? Hell no!
And lastly, just what solutions have the crazy-brave, armchair warriors in the U.S. come up with so far? World War III! :nanner: World War III! :nanner: World War III! :nanner:

And what is my solution? I believe I'm going to finish this roast beef & Swiss sammich and wash it down with a Diet Coke. I feel bad for the people of Ukraine... Egypt, Syria, on the Gaza Strip, Somalia, Rwanda, North Korea and every other place in the world where there is a corrupt government or war and conflict. I really do. But I'm fucking tired of people looking at my country (our soldiers and and my tax money) every time there is a problem and asking, "what are we going to do about it?" We?! What "we"?! Do they have a mouse in their pocket?! We can't (won't!!!) build roads, bridges, schools, transportation systems or power grids here because we (supposedly) don't have the money. But now I hear that Ukraine may need as much as $35 billion (U.S.) dollars over the next 3-5 years. Now, call me paranoid, but I just wonder who is expected to foot the bill for that? Hmm? Well, we can always borrow it from China and do a wire transfer, I suppose.

Not one fucking cent! Not one fucking American boot on the ground! Not one fucking Air Force jet in the air! If Poot-In moves into Alaska and makes Sar@h Palin his hostage/love slave, then maybe we start to mobilize some troops... or just put a price on Alaska and throw her in as a booby prize. IMO, all he's doing is showing off to the Russian nationalists (and some Russian teen age girls he has his eye on) and solidifying his power domestically. Too much of his immense wealth is in the West. He may be crazy but ol' Vlad ain't (that) stupid.

Yep. No more World Police. If the World wants a cop then they can pin a badge on themselves and form their own posse. That goes especially for the Israelis and their hand-wringing.

Just guard the NATO borders that we snatched from the old Soviet Block.

There is something called the hegemony stability theory, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemonic_stability_theory

The jiss is you can;t fight the world. Hitler found that out the hard way.

Russia and Ukraine hostilities has been around for centuries anyways, but by showing some teeth and building up the borders at the eastern end of the NATO countries shows we are not scared over your old school history bullshit Putin.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Yup. Somewhere there will be the cry to USA to take a stand. So here's our stand. We don't like it. How do you Euros feel? You don't like it either. So there, we both feel the same way. Now what? You Euros want action taken? Fine, go ahead. Don't buy shit from Russia, we don't. Buy it from us. Oh wait, you want to have your own independent market and don't want to rely on USA. That's okay too. You want our intervention? Fuck you. We moved our boots too many times to later listen to your criticism.

We don't really get any choice on US intervention. You lot can't keep your noses out of fucking anything.

Not in Ukraine. They should of followed suit like other former Soviet Block nations by joining NATO and Putin punk move would lead to their second humiliation after the Taliban did to them in the 80s but this one 1,000,000 greater.

Putin mind is to establish the old soviet Block control, byt NATO did a good job gobbling up former nations after the break up.

Don't freak out if we have to take military action to stop another Hitler. Russia can't fight the whole world and China will stay nuetral because their economy depends om ours.

We are still the Hegmon and have to lead. World cop or not.

I havent been as active on the politics board like I used to. It does seem dead as of late

I thought The Soviet Union stopped Hitler.

It was under Eisenhower design for the Soviet Union to take Berlin because the US had to deal with taking out Japan by itself. The US supplied the Russians with trucks for transports that helped the Soviet Union push back the Germans after a bad blunder by Hitler not to take Moscow right away after they had ST Petersburg under siege. Hitler halted the Moscow campaign when the Russians where disorganized and on the verge of Moscow being capture. But Hitler wanted to seize the oil fields in the Caucasus in the south that the German south army was having trouble in, Hitler halted the central army and sent them south and by time he secured the Caucasus, winter hit and they were stopped 10 miles outside of Moscow and the tide turned after the winter and Stalin regrouped, Plus trying to take Stalingrad (Vouhgard today) was stupid in the spring campaign of 1943 after they where stopped outside of Moscow.

The Americans in 1942 with the British open up a second front in North Africa and after d Day open a up a third front causing resources being pulled from the Eastern Front and leaving less to hold on after the Russian regroup to defend a 1.500 mile front with 3 mil Germans vs 6 mil Russians.

Yes the Russians won the European theater. Because they faced 3/4 of the Germans force. But if only one front, IMO the Germans take Moscow in the spring after they where bogged down.