• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

U.S. wasted billions in rebuilding Iraq

Yeah..way to go C4TB...barge into someone else's country on a trumped up case, kill up a bunch of innocent people and take their resources.:rolleyes:

Also, the billionaire GOPers club, aka Coalition Provisional Authority was responsible for handing out contracts beyond the major KBR contracts so this really amounted to money grab by GOPers AND DFLers.:cthulhu:

I fixed that for you. ;)

GOP'ers were no doubt grabbing for money, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think the democrats were just as anxious to do some of their own grabbing.

I fixed that for you. ;)

GOP'ers were no doubt grabbing for money, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think the democrats were just as anxious to do some of their own grabbing.

Ok...just show us. Speculation isn't proof.

We know who many of the groups who got major contracts in Iraq were affiliated in some way with GOPers..We know the CPA was staff and ran by GOPers.

Show us some evidence Demos got to participate in this slush fund.

allow me to respond on behalf of crazy4batshit:

what does it matter which 'rag' country did it? They're all the same, those 'rags'.

etc etc

I think what you fail to understand is that religion and government work hand in hand in these countries. Was Iraq directly responsible for 9/11? No. But I do remember Saddam spouting off right after the attacks on how happy he was that it happened, and he was giving glory to allah for the success of the attack.

I have no doubt that there were also "practitioners of the religion of peace" all over the Middle East who were praising their "god" for the same thing.

Payback was in order. It would have been nice if it could have gone right back to the Bin Man, but Saddam was a good of a substitute as any since Bin Laden was hiding like the coward he is.

Bin Laden has very likely spent time hiding in Afghanistan, Pakistan, probably in Iran, and very possibly even in Iraq since he attacked America in the name of islam.

If these countries were like most civilized modern countries where they aren't run by their religious leaders, you would have a point. Since muslim countries are lead by the dictates of their ridiculous religion, I hold them to some accountability as well.

Ok...just show us. Speculation isn't proof.

We know who many of the groups who got major contracts in Iraq were affiliated in some way with GOPers..We know the CPA was staff and ran by GOPers.

Show us some evidence Demos got to participate in this slush fund.

If I spent the time looking up an example, you would probably just write it off as being right wing propoganda anyway.

I think most reasonable people would believe that there is corruption in both parties in our government.

If I spent the time looking up an example, you would probably just write it off as being right wing propoganda anyway.

I think most reasonable people would believe that there is corruption in both parties in our government.

Now you're changing the terms of the debate. Of course, there is corruption in general which is effected by both parties.

This thread is not about corruption in general. It's about waste (and likely fraud and abuse) in rebuilding Iraq. That's was a task undertaken by the Coalition Provisional Authority under the direction of the last administration.

I think what you fail to understand is that religion and government work hand in hand in these countries. Was Iraq directly responsible for 9/11? No. But I do remember Saddam spouting off right after the attacks on how happy he was that it happened, and he was giving glory to allah for the success of the attack.

I have no doubt that there were also "practitioners of the religion of peace" all over the Middle East who were praising their "god" for the same thing.

Payback was in order. It would have been nice if it could have gone right back to the Bin Man, but Saddam was a good of a substitute as any since Bin Laden was hiding like the coward he is.

Bin Laden has very likely spent time hiding in Afghanistan, Pakistan, probably in Iran, and very possibly even in Iraq since he attacked America in the name of islam.

If these countries were like most civilized modern countries where they aren't run by their religious leaders, you would have a point. Since muslim countries are lead by the dictates of their ridiculous religion, I hold them to some accountability as well.

Iraq was NOT an Islamic country, Saddam ran a SECULAR regime and despised muslim extremists as much as anyone else. Now he is gone Iraq will become an Islamic Republic worse still with ties to Shia Iran, just as soon as all American troops have left. Massive backfire :facepalm:

Dude if I was the neg repping type this would certainly get negged for the sheer ridiculousness of this post. Pay back???:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Saddam wasn't a religious leader nor was his Baathist regime.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
OK, the rebuilding didn't go to plan, but at least operation Iraqi freedom (LOL!) managed to succeed in freeing many Iraqis, right?

(From the effort of breathing...)

Iraq was NOT an Islamic country, Saddam ran a SECULAR regime and despised muslim extremists as much as anyone else. Now he is gone Iraq will become an Islamic Republic worse still with ties to Shia Iran, just as soon as all American troops have left. Massive backfire :facepalm:

:glugglug:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
yep.
iraq..... what a mess.
people have the right to be upset.
but one thing to consider is what would have happened in the past 7.5 years had saddam been in power.
probably nothing, maybe something.
we'll never know.

yep.
iraq..... what a mess.
people have the right to be upset.
but one thing to consider is what would have happened in the past 7.5 years had saddam been in power.
probably nothing, maybe something.
we'll never know.

Whatever would have happened wouldn't have emanated from Iraq. I know one thing...the US wouldn't have spent a trillion dollars of borrowed money while maiming a killing thousands of extra Americans in the process.

Could be that we have OBL and his crew rolled up by now.

Instead of more Americans at risk and dying in Afghanistan and AQ still running around making home videos thumbing their noses at us.:cthulhu:

What a major blunder. It's almost sad.

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
I want to say so badly in my heart in that we went into Iraq with good intentions. But the thing that bothers me the most is this...

George H.W. Bush 1989-1993 Captured Saddam, and told him to be a good boy...

Of ALL the qualified candidates in the United States eligible to become president, and we have two within the same FAMILY??? They arent even long distant relatives, they are father/son...Thats really strange...

George W. Bush 2001-2009 Comes in to clean up daddy's mess...

Im not going to say the effort in Iraq was a waste. But I am certainly not going to call it a very good investment. Perhaps in the next decades to come, Iraq will be a model of peace inside of the middle east, and we can say "Hey that was us that did that. That George Bush guy was right I guess."

But alternatively if things get worse or fail to improve at all, its gonna be more like "Fuck Iraq".

So much money wasted it makes me sick but now everyone make sure you pay your taxes next year and your not late because that would be just the worst crime :violent: