• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Toronto man and woman descriminated for not being musim

At 21, Austin Lewis of Toronto lives his life in a wheelchair. Now, as Sean O’Shea reports he’s also dealing with another obstacle when it comes to getting a subsidized apartment: he has the wrong religion.

TORONTO — A disabled Toronto man had his name removed from the waiting list of a subsidized city apartment because he does not meet the main criteria for living there: being Muslim.

“It doesn’t make any sense; I lived in Texas, that doesn’t make sense even there,” said Austin Lewis, 21, who is paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair.

Lewis is attempting to find subsidized, rent-to-income accommodations in Toronto. He has applied to dozens of apartments through Housing Connections, an organization that manages a waiting list of applicants applying for subsidized housing.

This week, Lewis received a letter from Housing Connections, informing him he would be taken off the list for an apartment at 3001 Finch Ave. West, operated by Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace Inc.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2185359/toronto-man-denied-subsidized-housing-for-not-being-muslim/

A Toronto woman who has been on a waitlist for a social housing unit for years claims she was discriminated against after she was denied a spot in a building reserved for members of a specific branch of Islam.
For nearly a decade, Rose Raill has been paying more than she can afford on her current apartment. But when she found out a space had opened up at a social housing building located at 3001 Finch Ave. W., she was overjoyed.
"I get a response. They had a vacancy for me so I was rather happy," Raill said.
That happiness, however, was short-lived.
Raill received a letter explaining she would not be eligible to live in that building because the social housing provider requires tenants to be a member of a specific faith.
"If none of the individuals in your household are a member of Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at … you will be removed from the waiting list," the letter said.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/woman-ups...-affiliated-social-housing-building-1.2533277

Why are so many progressive types seemingly enamoured with the islamic faith? What is it? You'd think their values would be polar opposites. The only conclusion I can come to is that they share the same enemy.

Why are so many progressive types seemingly enamoured with the islamic faith? What is it? You'd think their values would be polar opposites. The only conclusion I can come to is that they share the same enemy.

And bingo was his name-o
Lesser of 2 evils in their minds.

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member

People got and get outraged about Christian hatred. Rightly. People justify Islam hatred. Wrongly. The difference is all there. People get upset about stupid Christians,media ridicule stupid Christians, the law often punishes stupid Christians. But when it comes to stupid muslims, the tolerance card is the most played of the deck. Consider that this happen in countries with Christian roots and the frittata is served. My house, my rules. And if my rules get over ruled at my house, my guests rules should as well. But is it like that? Nope.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
Ow... the curtain is open and the jokers have arrived.

People got and get outraged about Christian hatred. Rightly. People justify Islam hatred. Wrongly. The difference is all there. People get upset about stupid Christians,media ridicule stupid Christians, the law often punishes stupid Christians. But when it comes to stupid muslims, the tolerance card is the most played of the deck. Consider that this happen in countries with Christian roots and the frittata is served. My house, my rules. And if my rules get over ruled at my house, my guests rules should as well. But is it like that? Nope.

Where exactly do you read 'the tolerance card' in my statement "Discriminating someone because of his or her religion is wrong and should be condemned."?

Playing 'the victim card' isn't a strong response either. Your house, your rules, sure - and by the way that's a very ironic response of you considering it's about rules in those appartments - but we are not talking about your house but about a society, and in this society it's not only about YOUR rules. When one religion discriminates another religion, it's wrong. End of story. And it can only be a joke when someone with one religion points fingers at someone with another religion for discrimination when that religion is doing the same.

So far the show is looking great. Carry on.

:popcorn:

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
Ow... the curtain is open and the jokers have arrived.

Where exactly do you read 'the tolerance card' in my statement "Discriminating someone because of his or her religion is wrong and should be condemned."?

Playing 'the victim card' isn't a strong response either. Your house, your rules, sure - and by the way that's a very ironic response of you considering it's about rules in those appartments - but we are not talking about your house but about a society, and in this society it's not only about YOUR rules. When one religion discriminates another religion, it's wrong. End of story. And it can only be a joke when someone with one religion points fingers at someone with another religion for discrimination when that religion is doing the same.

So far the show is looking great. Carry on.

:popcorn:

You felt the need to finger stupid Christians as a response to people blaming stupid muslims. You could have just stayed on the topic and say: yeah, it's pretty fucked up that a couple in Toronto get discriminated for not being muslims. But you didn't. I rest my case.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
All I know is, why in the fuck would I want to live in a place that won't tolerate me grillin' up some pork chops.................pig is goooood!

I really don't want to be this guy: Discriminated against, discriminating against.