• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Top 10 Hardest Video Games of All Time...

Blaster Master was a blast! I was down to 1/2 a life point in the upside down area & barely got to a safe point where I got more life & survived. I went on to beat the game after that. One of my most favorite games ever!

Battletoads was a pain-in-the-ass! I could not get past the board jumping part.

Ghosts & Goblins should be #1 on that list. I couldn't get to the end of the first level!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfkf7_sv4EQ

blaster master was a blast! I was down to 1/2 a life point in the upside down area & barely got to a safe point where i got more life & survived. I went on to beat the game after that. One of my most favorite games ever!

Battletoads was a pain-in-the-ass! I could not get past the board jumping part.

Ghosts & goblins should be #1 on that list. I couldn't get to the end of the first level!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfkf7_sv4eq

lol! I never played that game but it looks like a pain in the arse.

:points a few post up:

Haha, like I said Battletoads is def the hardest game I ever played. I beat every game on that list except that game. Make a few small mistakes and your dead.

Has anyone here beat Marble Madness?

Yeah, I went up & looked (saw Battletoads) after I posted that. I called it board jumping but I think it's what you said, bike jumping. Haven't played the game in a LOOOOOOONG time.

:points a few post up:

Haha, like I said Battletoads is def the hardest game I ever played. I beat every game on that list except that game. Make a few small mistakes and your dead.

Has anyone here beat Marble Madness?

Are you trying to tell me that you beat Paperboy?

If so,I'm not buying what you're selling.I've never even met a person that's even gotten close to even beating it.I think that I've seen the second level only 2 or 3 times,and never once seen the 3rd level.

Really any game prior PS2 could be on this list. Prior to PS2 there was no way to save your progress in a game.

I can remember a lot of SNES, Gameboy, Dreamcast and Playstation games that allowed you to save your progress. Like I said earlier - The main reason these games are hard is because the NES didn't offer a save or code option for many of their games. The only game I can think of that had some type of save option was Castlvania: Simon's Quest and The Legend of Zelda.

Are you trying to tell me that you beat Paperboy?

If so,I'm not buying what you're selling.I've never even met a person that's even gotten close to even beating it.I think that I've seen the second level only 2 or 3 times,and never once seen the 3rd level.

Well let me congratulate you because I'm the first person you meet that has beaten Paperboy.

Like all NES games it takes time and you need to memorize different parts of each level. I've been playing games all my life and I still have my NES hooked up along with my Sega master system, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Virtual boy, Sega Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS, PS2, Wii, 360 and a few other systems.

I think a lot of the difficulty with some of the older Nintendo and other games even before that was the limitations on the system. There was no complex 3D worlds where you could see what was coming, and you could only do a few actions in the game. There were a lot of times where you could instantly die from things suddenly appearing, and memorization was a larger part of those games. Saving wasn't as easy. A lot of the time pixels didn’t exactly work right while platforming. Because the systems were as limited back then a lot of the opponent's AI almost cheated in a lot of the games where they were under ridiculous rubber band AIs among other things (some games even do that now). Another reason was a lot of games were ported from games in the arcade that were designed to be difficult so people would keep spending money playing them.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Castlevania 1 is hard as hell,especially the stage with those damn flying medusa heads.
actually ALL Castlevania's are hard.
Karate Kid was hard also.

Devil May Cry 3 is the hardest game of all time. It is fucking ridiculous. The Dante Must Die setting is too much. The Japanese hard mode ended up being the English version normal mode. It had to be re-released so we could have the original difficulty settings. How many games can say that?

Hardest game ever.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Metal Gear(the original for MSX(computer system)

Metal Gear for the NES
Forza racing in the higher levels
Splinter Cell the first one
Dead or Alive on hardest setting can get frustrating
I'm having a hell of a time defeating the last guy in Gears of War. Can't think of his name.

That's all I can think of. Usually I get past a game no matter the difficulty.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Chris' scenario in RE1 was pretty hard too.

:wave2: