• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is your view of Tom Cruise (the actor)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's 'the actor' of his generation. I don't give a fuck about any celebrities personal life, and won't judge them for it. He is a good actor and makes good movies.

^This x1000.

People love to rag on Cruise because of his so called strange/wacky antics in his personal life,but if someone really gives a shit about stuff like that and let it sway their views on the merit of his films,then they are assholes.

I've never heard anything about him hurting anyone in real life,so he can act however he wants in the real world,and I don't give a shit,as long as he makes entertaining movies.

Now take that piece of shit Roman Polanski,I refuse to watch anymore of his films because Hollywood seems to treat him like it's ok to rape an underage girl,flee the country,and continue to make movies as if nothing happened,or like he's "suffered long enough". Fuck that noise! Had I known beforehand that he directed The Pianist(which is a great movie),I would never have watched it on general principle.

I'm not saying that everyone should love Tom Cruise or his movies,but next time you find yourself judging him for being a little wacky,and not doing anything morally wrong,just take a look around at some of these other assholes in Hollywood or in the music business that beat their women,or literally get away with murder,and you are still supporting them by buying their products,ask yourself what makes Tom Cruise really that bad.

I have no idea what Tom Cruise is like personally, if he is gay, if he is great, or whatever. I do tend to like his movies. He also has one heck of a record in marrying women. I think his three wives are all incredibly sexy, smart, and very good actresses.

He was once a good actor, but judging by most of his more recent work, baring a resurgence or taking on different roles than he normally does, I think his best days are behind him.

He also seems to have gotten more stupid and nonsensical in real life as time has gone on. I just can't completely ignore that in a person.

Thought I'd posted before, but it disappeared?

I don't think he's that great an actor. Every movie he's in, he does that hand clap after repeating something someone has said. That, and that trademark "head wiggle" while grinning at someone. This is not good acting, it's Tom being himself in his movies. Grinning action figure.

I think a good actor is someone who disappears into the role, who makes you forget WHO is playing the character. Tom has his moments - he's good at emoting fear and disbelief (e.g. MI: III, Eyes Wide Shut), but otherwise, I see "Tom" in every movie he's been in.

As for his personal life - leave him alone. Yeah, he's a Scientologist, and that's weird, but... yeah.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
He was also great in "The Color of Money" with one of the greatest legends of all-time, Paul Newman.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Cruise was great in Born On The Fourth Of July

"Big fucking erect penis mom...penis!...PEEENIS!!!!" haha

bahodeme

Closed Account
As far as acting, I liked him in Collateral & The Last Samurai. As far as personal life, I have grand indifference.