• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

To the people who watch the NBA, and who like MJ

Impressive research, but really come on.... You can argue this point till the Thunder wins a NBA Championship...

As a Pistons Fan, I hate MJ, but Kobe is not him...

You have put in some great research to find the stats that support your opinion.
However I will refer you to a quote by a soccer manager "Stats are a lot like mini-slirts, they give you a good idea but they hide the most important thing."

Basically stats are not the whole story and can be twisted to suit any point of view.

two words: Space Jam

Here...Kobe owns Jordan head-to-head:

Kobe Byrant and Michael Jordan have played 8 games against each other in the regular season and Bryant leads in nearly every area on a "per 48 minute basis". As such, it is no surprise that he leads 5-3.

Kobe Bryant

Field Goals Made - 12.6

Field Goals Attempted - 27.0

Field Goal Percentage - 46.6%

Three Pointers Made - 3.3

Three Pointers Attempted - 6.0

Three Point Percentage - 55.2%

Free Throws Made - 9.1

Free Throws Attempted - 11.9

Free Throw Percentage - 75.9%

Offensive Rebounds - 1.0

Defensive Rebounds - 6.2

Total Rebounds - 7.2

Assits - 6.4

Steals - 1.4

Blocks - 1.0

Turnovers - 2.5

Points - 37.5

Michael Jordan

Field Goals Made - 12.0

Field Goals Attempted - 27.6

Field Goal Percentage - 43.6%

Three Pointers Made - 0.5

Three Pointers Attempted - 1.7

Three Point Percentage - 30.0%

Free Throws Made - 8.7

Free Throws Attempted - 11.5

Free Throw Percentage - 75.0%

Offensive Rebounds - 1.4

Defensive Rebounds - 4.4

Total Rebounds - 5.8

Assits - 4.9

Steals - 1.5

Blocks - 0.7

Turnovers - 2.7

Points - 33.2

Head to head with Kobe Jordan only leads in shots attempted (and missed), offensive rebounds (from getting his misses), steals (from cherrypicking the passing lanes), and turnovers (from his lousy ball handling).

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Umm,you might want to check the stats before you talk.
Mj NEVER had a winning season without pippen.
However,pippen has led the bulls to the Conference finals when MJ "retired" and LED the Blazers to the Conference Finals.

Here...Kobe owns Jordan head-to-head:

Kobe Byrant and Michael Jordan have played 8 games against each other in the regular season and Bryant leads in nearly every area on a "per 48 minute basis". As such, it is no surprise that he leads 5-3.

Kobe Bryant

Field Goals Made - 12.6

Field Goals Attempted - 27.0

Field Goal Percentage - 46.6%

Three Pointers Made - 3.3

Three Pointers Attempted - 6.0

Three Point Percentage - 55.2%

Free Throws Made - 9.1

Free Throws Attempted - 11.9

Free Throw Percentage - 75.9%

Offensive Rebounds - 1.0

Defensive Rebounds - 6.2

Total Rebounds - 7.2

Assits - 6.4

Steals - 1.4

Blocks - 1.0

Turnovers - 2.5

Points - 37.5

Michael Jordan

Field Goals Made - 12.0

Field Goals Attempted - 27.6

Field Goal Percentage - 43.6%

Three Pointers Made - 0.5

Three Pointers Attempted - 1.7

Three Point Percentage - 30.0%

Free Throws Made - 8.7

Free Throws Attempted - 11.5

Free Throw Percentage - 75.0%

Offensive Rebounds - 1.4

Defensive Rebounds - 4.4

Total Rebounds - 5.8

Assits - 4.9

Steals - 1.5

Blocks - 0.7

Turnovers - 2.7

Points - 33.2

Head to head with Kobe Jordan only leads in shots attempted (and missed), offensive rebounds (from getting his misses), steals (from cherrypicking the passing lanes), and turnovers (from his lousy ball handling).

but remember this is Kobe as he is entering his prime, against Jordan, who for 6 of those games was past the twilight of his career

also, with what was said about MJ not making his teammates better, he did....maybe not all star caliber, but as a team they responded by winning 6 titles and making the TEAM play better, and basketball is a TEAM sport.....did i mention 6 titles?

The logic and claims you make in favor of Kobe and in dismissal of Jordan lose potency when we factor Shaq Diesel's impact on Kobe's career. Would Kobe have won his titles without Shaq? Did Kobe make Shaq a better player? Shaq appeared in the NBA Finals in his first season with Orlando (lost) but won a title without Kobe in Miami. Kobe led the Lakers to the FInals last season, true, but they got destroyed. The Lakers are a threat to go there this season. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Shaq's career is obviously over at this point.

Jordan was not just an artist with the ball, he was a clutch, killer assassin pretty much his entire career. Kobe took years to develop his assassin-like skill. Kobe was a wild, ballhog in his early years. Jordan wasn't. Kobe could've benefited from College, as Jordan did. As LeBrick would've too.

Pippen is mostly known for being a coward in the playoffs due to that year he "led the Bulls" to the playoffs but he begged out of taking the last shot and Toni Kucic stepped up and took it. And missed, of course. I think this was 1997?

Jordan might be a chronic gambler but he didn't rape chicks. Because of Kobe's "behavior" in that respect, he'll never be in the "Greatest Ever" conversation.

when its all said and done i think LeBron will be the best ever....assuming he stays in Cleveland and they sign him a running mate

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
In the Members Only section, you'll find the "Share A Joke" thread. This post should've been put in there, not here.

How very well said. I'm not a Jordan fan in fact I love the Lakers and I'm a big Kobe fan but I know what is and what aint Jordan is the best hands down just look at the body of work.

You can't always compare numbers across eras as the same. In this argument Kobe backers seldom mention that Jordan played in a era where teams not only knew how to play defense, but also had less restrictive rules against them when they did it. You can barely hand check today without getting a foul.

well...people in sports compare championships...cuz that's why u play the game right? to win and also win a championship...jordan's 6 to kobe's 3...

well...people in sports compare championships...cuz that's why u play the game right? to win and also win a championship...jordan's 6 to kobe's 3...

True, but it's also not completely fair to compare people individually based on a team's accomplishments.

Epic take by the thread starter. Pippen was the better overall team player than MJ, however, to doubt Michael's greatness is pretty ridiculous. Kobe is a great player, but had not won a championship as the leader yet. If the Lakers get a bit tougher, they look like the best team this year. I think LeBron will be the greatest amongst all the players you mention. He truly makes his teammates better, and he is maturing in his understanding of the game. Lebron's physical attributes are freaky now that he has grown into his body.