• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Thoughts of Disease Make Women Want Manly Men

:1orglaugh.....this ought to make for a good discussion...

Worried about catching the sniffles? There's a chance that cold may sway your mate preference, suggests a new study showing that women with disease on their minds were more interested in masculine-looking men.

The finding reveals the balancing act women must play in the mating game, choosing between devoted dads, who tend to have less masculine features, and guys with good genes, who tend to have manlier traits. And environment plays a role, it seems, in which way she's swayed.

"Women are able to perceive the environment around them and are able to shift their mate preferences accordingly," study researcher Anthony Lee, of the University of Queensland, told LiveScience. "It's not a conscious decision ... women have evolved these flexible preferences and they are able to pick up on these cues."

When faced with the idea of infectious disease, women are more willing to invest in traits related to good genetics in mates, presumably as a way to help ensure healthy offspring. When faced with the idea of scarce resources, she favors good-dad traits, signs a man will stick around and help provide for their family.

Cuntinued at link.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110622/sc_livescience/thoughtsofdiseasemakewomenwantmanlymen;_ylt=Apiwr40NwWvoKM7DfAfd8Vmek3QF;_ylu=X3oDMTRndmZyZ2EwBGFzc2V0A2xpdmVzY2llbmNlLzIwMTEwNjIyL3Rob3VnaHRzb2ZkaXNlYXNlbWFrZXdvbWVud2FudG1hbmx5bWVuBGNjb2RlA29mZnB6ZjMwdG9wNTAwcG9vbHJvdDFoBGNwb3MDOARwb3MDOARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3Rob3VnaHRzb2ZkaQ--

Not a surprise. I believe homosexual men are a minimum of something like 17 more likely to have an STD - probably more along the lines of 170 times more likely.

Now let the trolling begin. :rolleyes:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
what a load of crap. Most straight women would prefer masculine-looking men :rolleyes:

seems anyone could make up a bunch of shit and then state the obvious!
I oughta write an article titled something like "Men who don't want to go bald prefer women with clean shaven pubes" or some such shit.

A man with congestion...oh baby!

So wheres the study for the opposite concept?

This is just another example of the fact that men are grossly devalued nowadays. We all have to hear what it is women want, the woman's side, the female perspective... on every fuckin' thing! It's high time we get back to understanding what MEN WANT, the MAN'S SIDE, and yes... THE MALE PERSPECTIVE!!!!!!

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
As if that'll happen.

Isn't this just stating the obvious? I feel like you could switch out disease for anything and women would want manly men.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
Speaking as a female, "manly" men aren't always our first choice..
Physically, I find Adam Brody & Zac Efron (both considered "feminine" males) to be just as sexy as Gerard Butler & Vin Diesel..
Now personality wise, most women prefer a good mix of manly & feminine. I want a guy who's not afraid to kill a bug & who will protect me in a bad situation but I also want a guy who likes children and isn't afraid to talk about "feelings"..

So I guess what I mean is every girl is different but "manly" isn't always what we want.