• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

This Tariff Stuff(s) With Mexico: Any Good Or No?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I have no idea. Will it end up costing the American people making things more expensive or are the tariffs a good enough threat to leverage Mexico to help us with the flow of migrants? You guys do the math. We're all adults here so please no card flinging, virtue signaling, or giving steamy rim jobs to your favorite public servants.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I understand that Trump wants to do something about illegal immigration, especially since Congress is so impotent on the issue... and has been for years. But Trump doesn't seem to understand that tariffs are essentially taxes. So I have to agree with Lighthizer and Mnuchin that this is not the correct tactic to deal with this issue. When you raise costs for businesses (whether it's taxes, tariffs, mandates, regulations, etc.), they simply pass on that cost increase to consumers. And to be honest, him bragging about being Tariff Man or President Tariff (or whatever cutesy name he was giving himself) shows that he doesn't get that. Not every economic or trade problem can be solved with tariffs. I support what he's trying to do with respect to the Chinese. But a two front trade war (poking Europe and Japan) is bad enough. A three front trade war is all but unwinnable. Why? Well, even if you "win", if you're successful in weakening all of your opponents, then there's a damn good chance you could push the world into a global recession.

I agree, Mexico and the corrupt government there needs to be dealt with. I just think the tariffs will bite us on the ass harder than them in the long run. The low cost labor jobs that moved there will only come back here (for the most part) if/when they're done by robots.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
How do you guys feel about the deal we made with Mexico to scrap the tariffs in exchange for them being more proactive about halting the flow of illegals?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I haven't had time to really figure out what the Mexican govt. has agreed to. But to really get a deal done, I think that Trump should have sat down with Carlos Slim and the cartel bosses... ya know, when you want something done, you go to the people who really run the show. :D

georges

Staff member
one picture sums it all

Attachments

• Branco-Tariff-Man.jpg
    Branco-Tariff-Man.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 101

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I don't think the tariffs will make much of an effect. Yea, we can grow fresh from the farm too. We get some cars from there, right? We make cars. Other countries make cars,... and produce too.

They will work something out. What makes this term different? Fill in the blank.

Larry: Hey, wait a minute Moe. I've got an idea. We'll make shit that they make too. No tarriff and we can do it all of ourselves.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Kingsgton, NY got a plan to make steel. Kingston to Poughkeepsie is 20 minutes. BUILD THE PLANT! My plant is trucking steel from Canada or some places else. We employ 200 people at my lighting factory. Ship to anywhere or domestically. This German company has been here for 40 years. Best place to ever work at and My age
will support this. I'm union AND get profit sharing. All I've gotta do is work better than the new guy. My M.O. is work better than the new guy. Only that.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Nice, george has started his regular flood of the P&R section, desperately tryna keep the conservative bullshit perspective at the top of the page.

Please explain, george, how is The USMCA different in any significant way from NAFTA?

So the price of a fucking avocado goes up 5 fucking cents, big fucking deal. Tariff the fuck out of the bastards

- - - Updated - - -

So the price of a fucking avocado goes up 5 fucking cents, big fucking deal. Tariff the fuck out of the bastards