• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Things that I think have jumped the shark

Feel free to add your own....

1-Commercials that have adults with little kids' voices. I am thinking of those stupid fucking Subway commercials

2-References to a zombie apocalypse

... the FUCK?!? :wtf:

I get what you're. Saying... and I even get the ref...

When roald went surfing and did a trick over an attacking shark. He sure is agile for a freeones mod.

I agree the zombie shits gone too far.

In addition, hollywood remakes, bands getting rich off commercial jingles, the kardashians along with all reality tv...

DR. B

Closed Account
this fucking thread

:/

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I never heard of you before but I definitely think you've jumped the shark.

Music.

Somewhere in the 90's, it all went to hell. All commercialized, sanitized and unoriginal bullshit. I can't turn on the radio without rolling my eyes.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Music.

Somewhere in the 90's, it all went to hell. All commercialized, sanitized and unoriginal bullshit. I can't turn on the radio without rolling my eyes.

Music started to suck around the time everything went from analog to digital. I don't know why.

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/harley-spencer said:
Harley Spencer[/URL][/B], post: 6755611, member: 579739"]Jumped the shark? :confused:

I think it's one of them, whatchamacallits? Inside joke?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/harley-spencer said:
Harley Spencer[/URL][/B], post: 6755663, member: 579739"]Perhaps. I'd like to be clued in to the meaning of this inside joke.

Always happy to be of help to gorgeous you :)

Perhaps. I'd like to be clued in to the meaning of this inside joke.

That is the moment that critics and the public said that the American tele-vision show "Happy Days" became stale, when Fonzie, one of the major characters in said "tele-vision" show decided to jump over a shark while "water skiing" in one of the episodes. After that episode the show Fonzie sort of lost some of his "coolness"

I guess I need to explain what jump the shark means...I thought it was kinda common knowledge, but just in case....

it means when something that used to be good has reached a point where it's tired and/or lame. The phrase comes from the 70s TV show "Happy Days." When Happy Days first came on, it was kind of a cool show, with really decent writing and acting and storylines that reflected what a family in the 50s was like.

However, over time, the writers began to run out of ideas, but the cultural phenomenon of the show was still there...Fonzie was "cool" and all of that...and even though the episodes began to decline, the show still had some cache; that is, until one day, they wrote an episode that had Fonzie waterskiiing with his leather jacket on, and jumping on water skis over an area of water that had a shark in it.

It was at that moment that you knew that Happy Days had turned a corner and was never going to be as good as it used to be. It was now lame. The show had "jumped the shark."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

http://www.tvguide.com/jumptheshark

I really thought that this phrase was well known....

I forgot to add. Now after said "tele-vision" episode, anything that is considered to have become stale, less edgy, less cool, or more "cliche" with time is said to have "jumped the shark". Another example would be "jumped the couch" after the infamous Tom Cruise episode of "Ophra Winfrey" in which it became evident that Tom Cruise was kind of crazy and it was said that would hurt his career, so now when a celebrity does soemthing crazy that will hurt his career, that celebrity is said to have "jumped the couch". Kramer from Seinfeld telling racist jokes or Mel Gibson in an angry phone rant would be extreme examples of a celebrity who has "jumped the couch". Same thing with movie franchises that have become stale or less imaginative are said to have "nuked the fridge" after that scene in Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Something or Other where Indy escapes a nuclear explosion by hiding inside a lead lined refrigerator.

Never heard of it before, but I see what you're saying. It's like all those fucking GEICO commercials, where the first 2 or 3 were funny, and then they killed them by overdoing them, right?