• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Things that are ironic/funny ever since COVID19

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Lysol's ad from the last every-100-years pandemic (1918-1919).

EYVNbuyX0AEqwDf.jpg

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Social distancing protocols in effect for churches but not "protests." Actually that's more hypocritical than ironic.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Social distancing protocols in effect for churches but not "protests." Actually that's more hypocritical than ironic.
Very true. Churchgoers can spread it among themselves and the protesters can do likewise. The point is it needs to stop. The virus doesn't give a fuck if you're conservative, liberal, or moderate.

Logical fallacy: False Equivalence

While I don't dispute that having a bunch of people get together for protest might have very serious ramifications during a pandemic at the very least one can make a reasonable argument that what's happening might be so historically important and needed that it's more permissible despite the pandemic. Now whether the importance of the protest is enough to justify overruling the safety concerns of a virus is another debate altogether. I'm honestly not sure myself.

However, the same can't be said for:
Somebody that has to wait a while to go gather at church
Or people that are pissed off they can't go the bar or beach to party
Or the dumbfuck of a president wanting a cheerleading convention to stroke his ego
Or even people that have to collect unemployment for a while they wait for places of employment to open.

Don't pretend they are the same thing or equivalent to each other.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
How is equating two separate things that are covered by the First Amendment a logical fallacy?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
With people pushing people into close quarters, and pushing them to sign waivers that puts them on their own, if they caught the 'Rona... what a great time to remember Jonestown

In My Own Shoes: It’s not always wrong to drink the Kool-Aid
  • By Rona Mann
  • Feb 29, 2020

It got a bad rap, and you really can’t say it was unfounded. Mass suicide can alter people’s opinions, you know?

Kool-Aid was always a harmless, overly-sweet drink that appealed to kids, was sold from their lemonade stands, and was an inexpensive way for cost-conscious moms to fill pitchers for just pennies. But then Jim Jones came along and changed the way we thought of Kool-Aid.

For those who might remember, or would like to forget, Jim Jones was a self-professed faith healer, ordained minister, and cult leader of the People’s Temple. He started as far back as the ’50s in Indiana, but most people did not ever hear his name until November of 1978 when he persuaded his followers at their commune in Jonestown, Guyana, to drink cyanide-laced Kool-Aid. The mass suicide took 918 lives, 304 of whom were innocent children.

https://www.thewesterlysun.com/opin...cle_69ef0496-59cb-11ea-96e8-33b034425445.html

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
what a great time to remember Jonestown.

Floating around somewhere on the Internet is the actual audio from the Jonestown Massacre. It is one of the most chilling and upsetting things I've ever heard. It's probably on YouTube though I never tried to find it. It is a testament to how some people are so easy led and fooled into believing ridiculous things.