• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Theirry Henry a disgrace?

londonyid said:
Wenger didn't mention Eboue's blatant dive to win the free-kick that Campbell scored from - oh hang on, he won't have seen that will he?
And by the way, all anyone from the Arsenal camp has mentioned is that they think Barca's first was off-side, which it wasn't.

Don't be so small and complain about his dive, it's part of the game.
And yeah, Giuly wasn't offside.

Let me tell you, if you are an Arsenal supporter, then yes Eto'o was offside. If you are a fan of another team, it wasnt.
I didnt really think Eboue dived, he just couldnt run anymore!

Calm said:
Don't be so small and complain about his dive, it's part of the game.
And yeah, Giuly wasn't offside.

I really don't care that he dived it just makes me laugh that Wenger moans about a marginal ff-side that got Barca back in the game but doesn't mention his players' dive. Wenger has everone thinking that he is always right because he comes across as studious and well spoken when in reality he's a twat. I wish Martin Jol had decked the arrogant fucker.

this always happens when a match ends in contraversy...

some people take one side, some take the other depends who you cheer for.

to go as far and say that the ref should have worn a barcelona jersey is pushing it and those comments are innappropriate in my mind.
there were questionable calls, but when the goalie grabs the leg of a breaking player that gets past him, you have to give him the red.
barcelona took advantage of that, and the lack of numbers caught up to arsenal.
the gunners played the stronger game, but the legs caught up to them and barcelona is now the team with the cup.

juballs said:
this always happens when a match ends in contraversy...

some people take one side, some take the other depends who you cheer for.

to go as far and say that the ref should have worn a barcelona jersey is pushing it and those comments are innappropriate in my mind.
there were questionable calls, but when the goalie grabs the leg of a breaking player that gets past him, you have to give him the red.
barcelona took advantage of that, and the lack of numbers caught up to arsenal.
the gunners played the stronger game, but the legs caught up to them and barcelona is now the team with the cup.

Exactly! Well said juballs. Sums up this thread in one post. :hatsoff:

I thought it was funny his little outburst. Typical Arsenal, always griping and moaning when they lose. Very bad losers. Perhaps he should just stay there as he fits in perfectly. Lose a game and the toys are thrown out of the pram. I personnally thought the ref had avery good game.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Howdy all....:wave2:

First of all, there should be no shame in Arsenal's defeat. I won't castigate Lehmann, since if it wasn't for his heroics in the last round we could have been watching an all-Spanish final.

Yes I'm saddened by the result, but I'm also damn proud of the players for showing so much spirit, despite being a player short for the majority of the match. They did their best against a good Barca team and didn't let themselves down.

I thought there was some dubious decisions from the referee, but it went both ways. If Arsenal had won one-nil, Barca would be complaining that the ref was conned into giving the free kick that set up Campbell's goal (and let's be honest, Eboue's fall was theatrical).

Also (and it really hurts me to say this about him) while Henry has every right to criticize, he should also consider the fact that he spurned some very good chances. But like Lehmann, I won't criticize Henry too much - the man's goals has taken Arsenal to glory on more than one occasion (and I'm bloody glad he proved the anti-Arsenal brigade wrong by deciding to stay at Arsenal).
Finally, congratulations to Barcelona. I respect the fact that they are a great side who deserves to be labelled Champions of Europe. Arsenal were 14 minutes away from glory, but ultimately it was a bridge too far (to coin a phrase....:(

Yes - Henry's remarks (and to some extent Wenger's) does smack of sore losers. But I agree with fox's last comment. People like Henry, Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson, Gerrard and Benitez aren't content with being runners-up. And while we were happy to pip the "other lot" for fourth place in the Premiership, 4th place & Champions League runners-up is not enough for Henry & Wenger....