• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Yahoo News Done Takin' Their Comments Away

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I done reported FOUser#4510856320198a for hijacking the thread and going off-topic in his lame attempts to troll me. His feeble attacks are reminiscent of other posters ad hominem stylings.

Dino, I gave up on Yahoo for anything but fantasy football and the business section a long time ago. They've always had serious issues with data protection, and all of these giant media conglomerates pussify their comments, installing censors to massage the stream. Some more egregious than others. This forum, and others like it, are some of the few places left where liberty in speech is respected, while still reining in a person's baser, more passionate instincts, when in a lively debate of ideas (which is to say, the mods do an alright job, without suffocating).

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Appreciate you steering this conversation back to Yahoo! (people still use Yahoo!?!), FOUser#4510856320198a, but I'm locking this the next time someone digs into their Big Book of Internet Insults Vol. 4.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
So I guess I was saying the internet was more fun 20 years ago, before the big social networks got everyone and their grandpa embroiled in nasty political trolling, but I lost my train of thought. I got pretty high up in the Yahoo Answers rankings when it first came out, but these days everyone is rude to each other and comically playing a game of one-up, it's gotten to the point that it's just more pathetic every day. I had a troll on twitter tell me the other day that, "I hope you learned something from this, 'little ratio lesson'." Omg fucking lmao 😂 bless their ignorant little hearts, I haven't commented on Yahoo in probably five years.