• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The War on Christmas Continues

For Starbucks, the annual reveal of their "red cup" is meant to signify that the holiday season is approaching. Instead, it's stirring up some controversy.

The iconic red cup has featured several winter-themed designs since it first appeared in 1997. From minimalist snowflakes and hand-drawn reindeer to a winking snowman and decorative ornaments, each year the design is distinctive and different from the last.

This year's design is simplistic: an ombre from bright red to dark cranberry. While some Twitter users have praised the minimalist design, others think the cups are a "war on Christmas."

The company, however, retains that their cups were meant to be a blank canvas for customers to create their own stories, inspired by the doodles and designs that customers have drawn on white cups for years.

"In the past, we have told stories with our holiday cups designs," Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of Design & Content, said in a statement. "This year we wanted to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories."

Joshua Feuerstein, a former television and radio evangelist with more than 1.8 million followers on Facebook, took to the platform to comment on Starbucks' new cups.

"Starbucks removed Christmas from their cups because they hate Jesus," he wrote, asking followers to use the hashtag #MerryChristmasStarbucks and to ask baristas to write "Merry Christmas" on their cups instead of their names.

"I think in the age of political correctness we've become so open-minded our brains have literally fallen out of our head." Feuerstein said in his Facebook video. "Did you realize that Starbucks wanted to take Christ and Christmas off of their brand new cups? That's why they are just plain red."

However, not everyone agrees with this notion.

In fact, some have pointed out that Starbucks carries a special "Christmas blend" coffee.

"Creating a culture of belonging, inclusion and diversity is one of the core values of Starbucks, and each year during the holidays the company aims to bring customers an experience that inspires the spirit of the season," The company said in a statement on Sunday. "Starbucks will continue to embrace and welcome customers from all backgrounds and religions in our stores around the world."
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/09/starbucks-holiday-red-cup-brews-controversy-on-social-media.html

It just gets tougher and tougher to be a Christian in America. I don't think they get enough credit for what they have to put up with on a daily basis. The persecution is unreal. :rolleyes:

Yeah but this one is really stupid. You Might want to check over at your favorite publication to see if they have any ideas for you. :)

Hey, christian folks, to protest Starbuck not promoting christmas values on their cups, let's just all rush into their shops and order stuff. This will show them that us, christians, do not agree with their policy on christmas !
What an absolute moron :rofl2:

Starbucks is definitely a secular company managed by liberal/progressives. But STFU and buy your coffee elsewhere if you don't agree with their agenda or policies. The "Let's talk about race" thing did it for me.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I'm not particularly fond of the fella in the video in post #7 but I had a pretty good chuckle at him holding a cup that said Merry Christmas; "What's your name?", "Merry Christmas." That's probably the first time he's said something halfway humorous, and I've got friends that like to share his videos on my newsfeed.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Starbucks is definitely a secular company managed by liberal/progressives. But STFU and buy your coffee elsewhere if you don't agree with their agenda or policies. The "Let's talk about race" thing did it for me.

People need to tell the truth. Starbucks must go out of business.

just for info, according to wikipedia, starbucks "is now the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 23,132 stores in 65 countries and territories, including 12,937 in the United States, 2,004 in China, 1,416 in Canada, 1,135 in Japan and 849 in the United Kingdom."

so while a boycott from those christians and / or idiots who buy into this whole war on christmas horse shit in america could have a very slight effect on their business

it's not gonna put them out of business, not by a long way :)

xfire

I don't drink yuppie coffee smoothies, and Starbucks plain black always tastes burnt and is pretty terrible, if they had a quality product like Chick-fil-A a boycott would be hard.

Dunkin Donuts bitches. They also have the best breakfast sandwiches.

Krispy Kreme kicks their asses in the donut department however.

xfire

Dunkin Donuts bitches. They also have the best breakfast sandwiches.

Krispy Kreme kicks their asses in the donut department however.

I buy a lot of DD's bagged coffee, unfortunately for me out here in the sticks the closet Dunkin' Donuts is too far to drive. There's supposed to be one being built over in Nacogdoches, that's not that far and I'll definitely be trying them out when they open their doors.

Dunkin does coffee right. A girl in the office drinks that iced coffee shit.

There's something seriously wrong with her.

Why is everybody so worried about a pagan festival anyway?