• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Reagan Tax Myth

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
These people on the right do nothing but bitch about taxes and spending and the budget and the debt and deficit, but for seven of Reagan’s eight years in office, the top tax rate was higher than the current 35 percent. In six of those years, it was 50 percent or more. And every year that Regan was in office, the bottom tax bracket was higher than the current ten percent.

For a family of four, the average income tax rate under Reagan in 1983 was 11.06 percent. Under Clinton in 1992, it was 9.18 percent. And under Obama in 2010, it was 4.68 percent. During Reagan’s time, income tax revenue ranged from 7.8 to 9.4 percent of GDP. Last year, it was 6.2 percent and is not projected to climb back to 9 percent until 2016. In fact, in 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012, Americans paid their lowest taxes in 60 years.

Republicans are very fond of saying that the U.S. has “a spending problem, not a revenue problem.” But the truth is that revenue has plunged due to the recession and to continued misguided tax cuts, and revenue needs to be raised to eventually bring the budget into balance. And Reagan knew that taxes were an important part of the budget equation. After all, he raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office, including four times in just two years.

George Bush ran up the debt more than any president in American history, including Obama. He bought things on credit that never were tagged as being owed by him. It's like when a starting pitcher gets pulled with the bases loaded and the relief guy gives up a hit and 2 of those runners score, who gets the earned runs on their era? NOT the relief guy!

Obama inherited one of the worst fiscal situations in history. 2 wars that weren't paid for and a recession and housing collapse that was the worst since the great depression. he has fucked up but your "Sound economic republican policies" for 10 years fucked us. The Bush tax cuts were great for the wealthy but fucked everyone else.

Mariahxxx

And as long as we're talking about the Republican Messiah, let's not forget that when he didn't get Congress's approval to fund a war (Contra vs Sandanistas) he just said fuck it and had the CIA and the DEA help the Contras import cocaine into the US so the Contras could fund it themselves with the proceeds. This was all done under the watch of Oliver North. And let's not forget the Iran Contra issue as well which Reagan admitted to. Kinda tough not to though I guess.

Can you imagine if Obama did something like that? Sean Hannity's head would explode on live televsion!

why hasn't any of these cult leaders ever talked about nationalizing the private federal reserve which would benefit the people greatly in the long run

And as long as we're talking about the Republican Messiah, let's not forget that when he didn't get Congress's approval to fund a war (Contra vs Sandanistas) he just said fuck it and had the CIA and the DEA help the Contras import cocaine into the US so the Contras could fund it themselves with the proceeds. This was all done under the watch of Oliver North. And let's not forget the Iran Contra issue as well which Reagan admitted to. Kinda tough not to though I guess.

Can you imagine if Obama did something like that? Sean Hannity's head would explode on live televsion!

hey Mariah u should done some research on Opium production in Afghanistan, before and after the sending of troops

Mariahxxx

I have I know all about it. Karzi's brother is one of the biggest opium warlords in the country. opium and heroine production is at an all time high now, but was at an all time low in 2000.

Milano. Care to give us your thoughts on marginal and effective tax rates? Also care to discuss rates that were billed to his account from the Carter years? I am very interested in seeing your breakdown of Reagan's tax policy. Was Reagan a tax hiker? Or a tax cutter? Thanks and that is a lovely dress you are wearing BTW.

Mariahxxx

don't know what dress you are referring to but i'm sure there's some hidden insult somewhere.

Reagan cut first then increased repeatedly. He spent a shit ton but at least had the good economic sense to increase the revenue to help pay for some of it unlike the republicans of today. they spend more but decrease revenue. if you did that in your household how would it workout?

I have I know all about it. Karzi's brother is one of the biggest opium warlords in the country. opium and heroine production is at an all time high now, but was at an all time low in 2000.

yes and will remain high no matter who is president, donkey or elephant

Milano. Care to give us your thoughts on marginal and effective tax rates? Also care to discuss rates that were billed to his account from the Carter years? I am very interested in seeing your breakdown of Reagan's tax policy. Was Reagan a tax hiker? Or a tax cutter? Thanks and that is a lovely dress you are wearing BTW.

that douche Carter signed the Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 which gave the private federal reserve the power monetize ANY debt instrument, not just an obligation of the US government, indeed Carter and Clinton signed off on two of the worst pieces of legislation

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.

What makes you think he hasn't? Ronnie boy got nabbed after the fact...or at the end, so did Billie boy, and so did dubbya. You may never know what damage he's truly done...you might not still know what the previous shit bags have truly done. But mark my words...nobama has done something, and when they find out what it is, I hope he gets the same thing I hoped the rest of the assholes would have gotten...but never did!

Mariahxxx

what a very typical republican outlook on it. we already know half of you guys hate him because he's black, now we're going to project things he's not done or not been caught doing yet? figures.

It's like when a starting pitcher gets pulled with the bases loaded and the relief guy gives up a hit and 2 of those runners score, who gets the earned runs on their era? NOT the relief guy!

LOL! How many times when Mariano Rivera was handed a mess in the 8th inning did he say "Ok boss! But just remember, I INHERITED THIS!

Mariahxxx

Reagan was a great politician. he did some good things but he wasnt the fucking hero he was made out to be. he was corrupt and broke laws and began the decimation of our middle class. He didn't give a fuck about poor people or people of color. he was the one who let the religious right into politics and gave them power and influence they should never have.

If you find a politician, prime minister or president that is perfect then let me know. There has not been nor never will be such a thing. Just get on with life, well that's what I do. :)