• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Old Smilies

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I know y'all busy and have more important things to do, but I seem to remember it being mentioned that the old smilies were going to be migrated into the new forum software at some point. Any update on that? I miss some of the old smilies.

Similar smilies to the ones we used to have...

oldsmilies.jpg

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I've noticed some new additions (old additions?) to the current smiley population, but I would still like to see more of the old ones. Here's some I particularly like-

animated-smileys-cheeky-001.gif.pagespeed.ce.xHw9EpBc0f.gif

greensmileyq.jpg

blue.gif

emot-worship.gif

emot-cthulhu.gif

I really miss the blue facepalm smiley, but I haven't been able to find that one.

@Petra @FreeOnes_Adam @Steve-FreeOnes

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
I've noticed some new additions (old additions?) to the current smiley population, but I would still like to see more of the old ones. Here's some I particularly like-

animated-smileys-cheeky-001.gif.pagespeed.ce.xHw9EpBc0f.gif

greensmileyq.jpg

blue.gif

emot-worship.gif

emot-cthulhu.gif

I really miss the blue facepalm smiley, but I haven't been able to find that one.

@Petra @FreeOnes_Adam @Steve-FreeOnes
I've no idea who or how these were added and Petra and Adam aren't around so they didn't do it. A mystery!

The Identifier

Administrator
Staff member
Platinum Member
Petra added these about April/May time. She said that not all of the old ones could make a comeback either because they didn't age well or didn't display clearly on on the current forum platform compared to how they did on the old one.

Petra added these about April/May time. She said that not all of the old ones could make a comeback either because they didn't age well or didn't display clearly on on the current forum platform compared to how they did on the old one.
Glad I found this thread. Because I also prefer the old smilies. But these current ones, with the People and Flags and such headings, they seem to be the norm on a lot of formats. The great thing about them for a lot of site developers is that they're pre-made and don't require creativity or effort. Kinda like movies nowadays. Why sit down with pen and paper and brainstorm for new ideas, when you have plenty of old shit to recycle. It's the flow of generations I guess. Before long we'll all be eating McDonalds cheeseburgers and calling them an innovative new concept.