• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Official Gardening Thread

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Re: Official Gardening Thread

Home grown, sun-ripened tomatoes out of your garden taste like real tomatoes. Most varieties in grocery stores are manipulated to travel and store well. They simply don't taste as good.

Give me a thickly sliced, just picked tomato on toast with some salt and pepper. mmm hmm. Throw on some feta cheese, and my pants will explode.

commercial tomatoes are never truly "ripe." they are literally gassed to turn the flesh red. also, molecularly, after a tomato hits about 55 degrees fahrenheit or colder, there is significant enzymatic damage that effects taste. and i believe there is discussion about the nutrition as well.

Nothing better than putting some home grown tomatoes on a sandwich.

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member

I would normally have loads of things in the veg garden by now. It has been a disaster this year. I still have loads of snow, and the place will be like a bog when it melts.

This time last year I was gardening naked, it was red hot every day.

Grrr

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to

This time last year I was gardening naked, it was red hot every day.

Be careful what you say here. This group posts pictures and they are a very incorrigible bunch. I don't think you want to see me wearing only gloves and a big straw hat.

Philbert

Banned

I'm in Austin. The kids in my neighborhood are little shits.

Might I suggest a sweet, loyal, adorable Doberman? They are also VERY protective and know how to tango.
Texas has a lot of great breeders, some of the best Dobies around.
They get respect just sleeping on the porch...:)

Home grown, sun-ripened tomatoes out of your garden taste like real tomatoes. Most varieties in grocery stores are manipulated to travel and store well. They simply don't taste as good.

Give me a thickly sliced, just picked tomato on toast with some salt and pepper. mmm hmm. Throw on some feta cheese, and my pants will explode.

Agreed. Nothing like a garden Tomato. You know you've grown a good crop when you can set a few on the counter top and smell them from across the room. Store bought just don't do that.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Well, no veggies for me this year. The climate and drastically changing weather in the NL makes it really hard to figure out what I can get away with or not. So this year it's herbs and flowers.

I totally redid my garden and pulled out the 2 big raised beds and paths. This way I got more space. I've planted the herbs and some violas, 2 new hortensia and all of the open space you see has been seeded with livingstone daisies (ice flowers) which fucking love the full son and are good ground cover. I still need to get the sides along the shed and fencecleaned up...that's this coming weekend's project. Then I need to get something to put in there. I'm also putting stain on the fence to freshen it up since it's looking pretty sad at the moment.

Then when the weather gets a bit better I'll be pulling out the pressure washer to take care of the crap still on the patio.

Can't wait for everything to get into a full bloom!

garden1.jpg
garden2.jpg

Petra

Where are the gnomes?

Well, you can see one in the 2nd photo. The others are on the patio waiting for placement.

Of course, I'll be happy to adopt any unwanted gnomes...

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to

Good news! My Korean market/garden center just opened under new management. The garden stuff is only flowers but they are doing cut and arrangement stuff now. Asked about herbs and other seedlings and they are waiting for cold weather to let up. They promise that once the weather breaks safely then they will be rolling in the trucks from the nurseries. Could be this weekend. Whooo Hooo.

RichardNailder

Approved Content Owner
Probably not doing much of a garden this year because of the drought conditions here - can't afford the $300-pluss a month it takes to keep it green.

Petra

Probably not doing much of a garden this year because of the drought conditions here - can't afford the $300-pluss a month it takes to keep it green.

Have you tried a drip system??

Petra

i was looking at those. they got kits a whack-mart even. cheap.

On amazon you can buy nozzles to put on soda bottles. I've seen mixed reviews, but I'm thinking about giving that a go when I go away for the weekend this summer.