• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Hobbit In 3 Parts

Shifty

O.G.
What, are you all on welfare?

$30 over 3 years ... oh no!

These films are epic and well worth the money. They cost an absolute shitload to make.

fight club?? pf.

the american movie industry is nothing but fat marketing. production companies will not get behind anything without proof on paper that its going to be a big hit.

mashups, target audience plotting, cash pulling, the works.

now, of course there's gonna be some good ones in the mix. its almost incidental. but when you look one of those (i cant even think of one btw) and compare it to a marketer like the expendables.. oh and its sequel. its embarrassing. best of mashups. awful. alien vs predator. mashup. and it ruined the odds for a real alien movies. fast and furious, marketing monster. twilight, pure marking whore job.

now, im with you. stretching a small book (i own that book, havent read it) into a 3 part movie is bullshit. how can it even be done? that is some serious bs. but i dont see it happening. 3 movies, 1 every summer, come on. the american audience will be bored of it as soon as the burger king kids meals stop running the toys after the first flick comes out.wouldnt it be nice if movies were taken more serious? but thats the entertainment business. look at music? same shit. a couple good ones with soul mixed into the mass of marketing monsters. its quite sad.

I hear what you are saying and agree to a certain extent.Not all American movies are made to be tentpole blockbusters.

Just look at some of the movies that come out around February and March,like Hanna.Sure that movie had commercial,and why wouldn't it? If a studio wants you to see their movies,they have to put the word out.

Now take The Avengers.It was basically shoved so far down our throats for the past amost two years,that there was no way it wasn't going to make money.My personal opinion was that it was a piece of shit that catered to the mindless crowd that were creaming their pants just to see a bunch of super heroes in one movie,damned the actual story.

The thing that I find that really sucks is that the studios,for the most part with huge releases,can't let the creative teams behind the movies actually make the movie that they want to make,with out interfering in the process.Just look at (what I'm sure will be a piece of fried cat shit)
The new GI Joe movie that's coming out.It was supposed to be out already,but the studio got scared that it wouldn't make any money stacked between Avengers and Batman,plus,they had to go back and do reshoots because it "tested" poorly.

Hollywood is definitely in it for the money,but once a year,there's always at least one movie that squeaks out that's better than what the studios will give them credit for.

Oh,and don't underestimate the predictability of the a stupid audience to go see crappy movies.The truly sad thing is that if people really want Hollywood to make better movies,then vote with your dollar and don't go to the movies to see shitty flicks.These major studios don't give a shit if you like their movie or not,as long as it makes them money.When you hit them in their pocketbooks,then they will be forced to sit up and take notice.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
now, im with you. stretching a small book (i own that book, havent read it) into a 3 part movie is bullshit. how can it even be done? that is some serious bs. but i dont see it happening. 3 movies, 1 every summer, come on. the american audience will be bored of it as soon as the burger king kids meals stop running the toys after the first flick comes out.

The Hobbit is a Children's book, so it's not going to have the length of Lord of The Rings, but it's not a small book.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
The Hobbit is a Children's book, so it's not going to have the length of Lord of The Rings, but it's not a small book.

its not a big one. hell, some of the harry potter books are bigger than it.

i really do need to sit down and read it along with the other LotR books.