• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Hobbit In 3 Parts

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Its official now that PJ wanted to make the Hobbit in 3 movies.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...it-three-summer-2014-20120730,0,2725549.story

I am guessing that the first part of the movie's big battle scene will cover the Dwarves vs. the orcs and the (talking?) wargs and it will end when the group being caught by the Elves.

The 2nd part will be the battle for Dol Goldur and Smaug and the last part will highlight the battle of the 5 armies plus a bridge towards the Lord of the Rings; probably showing Aragorn in Lothlorien meeting Arwen for the first time and some of Aragorn's adventure in Rohan and in Gondor (Thorongil).

Thoughts?

DR. B

Closed Account
I still haven't seen the lord of the rings trilogy and from what I heard, I'm not missing anything. Most likely I won't see this trilogy either.

I'm not a fan of stretching the book into 3 parts, but it mentions that they'll also include some of the appendixes of Lord of the Rings. It might not be so bad after all. Damn, I need to read the trilogy again. I can't remember when was the last time I read it.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Two I can understand, three makes me groan with displeasure. The fact that each one is a year apart is downright annoying.
What if the 2012 Apocalypse happens, we'll never see part 2!
I just hope they don't go all the way with that 48fps crap.
I blame fucking James Cameron for that bullshit, he should keep his retard god damn fucking ass away from the movie, then I'll be happy.

Go play with you stupid blue people you fucking fuck! Fucking James Cameron, egotistical fucking shit dick.

i'm stoked. i thought the lord of the rings translated very well to the movies.

L3ggy

Not lore-wise. One of the most powerful of the Maiar getting owned by a Wraith(sure it was The Lord of The Nazgúl), when he was able to defeat five of the Nazgúl(including The Witchking)? Arwen replaces Glorfindel, one of the most powerful Elf-lords, whom have slain a Balrog, and passed the Helcaraxë(Grinding Ice) with the host of Fingolfin.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Not lore-wise. One of the most powerful of the Maiar getting owned by a Wraith(sure it was The Lord of The Nazgúl), when he was able to defeat five of the Nazgúl(including The Witchking)? Arwen replaces Glorfindel, one of the most powerful Elf-lords, whom have slain a Balrog, and passed the Helcaraxë(Grinding Ice) with the host of Fingolfin.

Oh and don't forget the extreme sports move with the riding the shield down the stairs at Helms Deep. WTF moment.

well every movie changes details like that for some reason...i guess to make it more dramatic or appealing to non readers somehow? i don't know their reasoning but for a movie series i thought they worked well despite not being THAT accurate.

L3ggy

Oh and don't forget the extreme sports move with the riding the shield down the stairs at Helms Deep. WTF moment.

Or grinding down the trunk of the Oliphant.

well every movie changes details like that for some reason...i guess to make it more dramatic or appealing to non readers somehow? i don't know their reasoning but for a movie series i thought they worked well despite not being THAT accurate.

I understand the absence of Tom, but removing such important characters like Gildor, Glorfindel, the Twins or changing Faramir's personality.

DR. B

Closed Account
here's a trailer to all you Hobbit pussy lovers

I'm officially out.

I was going to see it in the theaters,but now I'm not going to even bother.

Fuck you and your cash grab movie.I'll just wait for it on Bluray...maybe.

Or grinding down the trunk of the Oliphant.

I understand the absence of Tom, but removing such important characters like Gildor, Glorfindel, the Twins or changing Faramir's personality.

i have no answer for you :dunno:

still interested to see what they do with this part of the story...

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
I'm officially out.

I was going to see it in the theaters,but now I'm not going to even bother.

Fuck you and your cash grab movie.I'll just wait for it on Bluray...maybe.

news flash: all movies are cash grab. and aren't blurays screwing you guys too?

thoughts you say? if it is made into three (jackson) will probibly borrow heavily from the silmarillion and add all the bookends explaining Olorin (gandalf) , but it does seem real excessive considering it is one book....two movies done right= sweet.. But three? even LOTR's was a little slow at times

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Looking forward to them, even thought theyre going to be spread over 3 films. If theyre anything like the LOTR films they should be awesome! :cool:

news flash: all movies are cash grab. and aren't blurays screwing you guys too?

There's a HUGE difference when a movie comes out that's just trying to be creative,while making money in the process,and a movie that's coming out,and stretches something that's really one movie into three.

News flash,Fight Club wasn't a cash grab.Same goes for a lot of movies that stand on their own creative merits without banking on making that one movie into a tent pole franchise.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
fight club?? pf.

the american movie industry is nothing but fat marketing. production companies will not get behind anything without proof on paper that its going to be a big hit.

mashups, target audience plotting, cash pulling, the works.

now, of course there's gonna be some good ones in the mix. its almost incidental. but when you look one of those (i cant even think of one btw) and compare it to a marketer like the expendables.. oh and its sequel. its embarrassing. best of mashups. awful. alien vs predator. mashup. and it ruined the odds for a real alien movies. fast and furious, marketing monster. twilight, pure marking whore job.

now, im with you. stretching a small book (i own that book, havent read it) into a 3 part movie is bullshit. how can it even be done? that is some serious bs. but i dont see it happening. 3 movies, 1 every summer, come on. the american audience will be bored of it as soon as the burger king kids meals stop running the toys after the first flick comes out.

wouldnt it be nice if movies were taken more serious? but thats the entertainment business. look at music? same shit. a couple good ones with soul mixed into the mass of marketing monsters. its quite sad.