• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Greatest Guitarist Of All Time

The* *Greatest* *Guitarist* *Of* *All* *Time*

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 66 45.2%
  • Eric Clapton

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Jeff Beck

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Keith Richards

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Frank Zappa

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Kirk Hammett

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Pete Townshend

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Eddie Van Halen

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Angus Young

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
there are so many to choice from...btw Randy Rhodes wasnt on the list either..but i had to pick Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix is the man!

I know theres many more great guitarist but i can only put 10 in the list

Them in the list are not just there for there technical ability but for the riffs & songs they created

Keith Richards is not as flash as steve vai or joe satriani but he came up with amazing simple riffs, satisfaction, jumpin jack flash, Bitch , can you here me knocking and many more

Yengi malmstreaim is shit hot when it comes down playin geetar. lighting speed finger movement, but hes nether really made any top songs

Django reindhart...of course

not all great guitarists are rock guitarists...

and where is Mark Knopfler?????

Kisses:

EVA

Django reindhart...of course

not all great guitarists are rock guitarists...

and where is Mark Knopfler?????

Kisses:

Yeah mark Knopfler was a good finger picker from direstraits

Money for nothin, sultans of swing, brothers in arms< < i love gettin high to this

I think Santana, but there isn't.

Robby Krieger, Chuck Berry, Page, Hendrix

Jimi was the most creative, Clapton the cleanest, but I have three words for you.
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN!!!

Jimi was the most creative, Clapton the cleanest, but I have three words for you.
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN!!!

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN Played & toured with jeff beck for a while.

Clapton in the cream sounds clean, ummm ? he started going clean in the late 80s when he gave up coke

Jeff beck is a very clean Creative player, Hendrix & Clapton in one i think

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I had to vote for Clapton but Page, Vaughan, Beck, Hendrix & Robin Trower are all real close....equally talented but different styles (except Hendrix & Trower).

Pete Townshend and Keith Richards are more rhythm players than lead but hey you didn't specify so I guess they can be considered. It doesn't take near the talent to be a decent rhythm player as a lead.

Since I am not a total classic rock guy... I would add to the great choices noted: Tom Verlaine, Kevin Shields, Bob Mould and Lou Reed

Hendrix would get my vote from the list, but listening to Eliot Fisk play Paganini's 24 Caprices on guitar is totally mind-blowing.

I am very much into acoustic guitar, so in my opinion the two greatest guitarists of all time are Michael Hedges and Tommy Emmanuel.

hendrix, hendrix and hendrix,,,
that'll be enough

Them in the list are not just there for there technical ability but for the riffs & songs they created

Keith Richards is not as flash as steve vai or joe satriani but he came up with amazing simple riffs, satisfaction, jumpin jack flash, Bitch , can you here me knocking and many more

Yengi malmstreaim is shit hot when it comes down playin geetar. lighting speed finger movement, but hes nether really made any top songs

Some of your criteria above really kind of undermined the title of this thread. It perhaps should have been called "The Greatest Guitarist That Came Up With Amazing Riffs and Top Songs".

only because i am drunk right now will i say this. but, the slayer boys are great guitarists. the best, no. close to the top, no. but i love them. sllayyyyyyyyyyer.:bowdown:

best guitarist???? They all can't be lumped together. Robert Johnson started it all. Les Paul, Chuck Berry, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, B.B., Capton, Iommi, Van Halen ( as much as i dislike him, he was an inovator) Rhoads, S.R.V.,Malmsteen, Eric Johnson, Dimebag. Page is one of my favs he's equally at home playing acoustic or a les paul through a wall of marshalls. Slash plays with alot of soul. But at the top of my list would be Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers of Maiden.