• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Best Action film!

pick your fave

Scorpion

Banned
Are we talking just blow em up Bruckheimer/Michael Bay kinda movies, or one that actually has a story?

I honestly really enjoyed True Lies, has kick ass action, and is often hilarious at times. I also enjoyed Black Hawk Down, even though the story is true, the scenes are sick, and sounds badd ass on a surround system. Too many to name, but you can pretty much add any kung fu flick to the list, especially with jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Backdraft is also a great film for its near realistic fire sequences.

The freeway chase scene in this years Bad Boys 2 is perhaps the most realistic and obscene (in a good way) sequence filmed in a long time.

georges

Staff member
the killer with john woo

swat isn't bad too

romeo must die and fist of legend are nice too

Although you could also count it as SF:
Aliens (the second one).
Lot of action, I could watch it again and again.

Jackson

georges

Staff member
yes it was a great one the sequels weren't bad too

For me, probably Drunken Master 2, Police Story, Operation Condor, actually, there are quite a few Jackie Chan movies actually.
Outside of those, probably The Matrix, Kill Bill, Pearl Harbor, probably the last scenes of Scarface....I can't really think of too many at the moment.:confused:

JL3001

Well there are many of them, but I would say one of them would be "HARDBOILED" with Chow-Yun Fat and Directed by John Woo.

georges

Staff member
Man Slut said:
Well there are many of them, but I would say one of them would be "HARDBOILED" with Chow-Yun Fat and Directed by John Woo.

i agree

the killer and hardboiled are john woo's best in my opinion....defo

whats the last good action filn you saw...i.e recently made film....because it seems like its been a while since a good one was made......T3 was ok...just not a patch on the others, the story was short but was stretched out to make a two hour movie when in the first two that story would of been covered within the first 30 mins of the film.....so i wouldnt include that.

Badboys 2 was also good...but way way way way to long....i got a little bored toward the end....still good movie tho...not a patch on the first....cant think of anymore.....seems yonks ago a proper killer action film came out

(yawn to anyone who sez the matrix i want films other then that techno geek garbage)

georges

Staff member
dirty harry series old but still efficient and violent

Ok gotta go with Face/off, The Rock and Die Hard with a Vengence! all top films action, humour and top actin! what more can you ask for?

Oh a special mention goes to Transformers the Movie! robot carnage! CLASS!