• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

the best 2d fighters

hello yeah i know im a newbie but i dont really care becouse im looking for the best 2d fighter game out there. ive played alot such as samuria showdown,
street fighter, guilty gear (which i think is the best so far) but whats your thought. by the way i realize this isn't the best place to be looking for it but i thought since i signed up i should give this place a try to.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Actually some nice video game stuff around here! At least you got the right section!

My fav is either street fighter or the first mortal kombat!

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best one in the series in my opinion. In fact I still have it for the PS1. Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 are also really good. Guilty Gear as well. Also last but never ever least Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

I would say Street Fighter 2 but I may be biased because that is the one I'm best at.

I also enjoyed the SNK games like the Fatal Fury series.

My favorite of the Mortal Kombat series was 3. I know it wasn't most peoples favorite but I like it.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best one in the series in my opinion. In fact I still have it for the PS1. Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 are also really good. Guilty Gear as well. Also last but never ever least Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Street fighter alpha 3 was really great , I had it on my ps1 too back in the day . :thumbsup:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
My favorite of the Mortal Kombat series was 3. I know it wasn't most peoples favorite but I like it.

You can't beat the original pit! 3 was good but that's about the time the fatalities started to get to damn complicated to pull off!

The first one was great. Just a simple uppercut and down to the spikes they go! :nanner:
Anymore it's some big fuckin secret how to use the backgrounds!

Mortal Kombat trilogy is good if you can find it. So are the Capcom vs Snk games.

hay again. this is good stuff i just got the new snk vs capcom and was playing with some mates but realized the snk guy where just way more hardcore than the capcom guys. so i went back to king of fighters 2002 becouse its just got the best special moves.

p.s. i think mortal kombat ruind a a good thing when they made it 3d and hard to do fatalitys and the latest kombats fatality system realy sucks and is just plain annoying

Pick up a copy of the Street Fighter Alpha Collection that came out last year. That's four of the all time best 2D fighters right there.

I know a lot of people who prefer Street Fighter II: Third Strike, too, so that might be worth looking into. Never really enjoyed that much myself, but I was never much good at the parry system either, so that might go some way to explaining it.

Being an SNK Neo-Geo fanatic, my vote goes to The King of Fighters '98.
This dreammatch brings together the best cast of fighters SNK has to offer. (with the unfortunate exception of Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown.)
The classic 3-on-3 team battle play is as rock solid as ever.
KOF 2003 ups the ante by finally introducing a tag-battle system.

I'm also fond of the Street Fighter series, especially SF II Champion Edition, SF Alpha 3 and SF III : Third Strike.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
street fighter 2 champion edition
street fighter 2 turbo
street fighter 2 alpha 3

mortal kombat 1, 2, & 3.

marvel vs capcom

duh.