• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The Beer-Lovers Thread

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Ales are some of my favorite brews and I had three of these before dinner last night. Although not heavy at all (in fact, could be just a bit more robust and it wouldn't hurt it a bit), body is pretty full as it tingles the taste buds with an earthy and malty flavor and just a hint of hops to give it a little jump. Finishes pretty clean too. Not the best I've ever had but a long way from the worst. Worth a sample if you come across it. I'd definitely drink it again. Regional brew from San Antonio and may or may not be available where you live.

Attachments

• alamoale.jpg
    alamoale.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 98
I tend to always buy Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale or Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm drinking New Belgium Fat Tire amber ale, right now...it's not a bad drink of beer. Not fond of the bottles, as I would prefer a traditional long neck, but it's good.

I go for ales most of the time, especially the craft or microbrewery types. Some pale, but more in the golden, amber, red, brown/dark types as well as porters and some stouts. Though I can only drink so much of the latter varieties.......

This thread has got me looking into more of these international beers that you folk speak of. Like I've seen Sierra Nevada bottles around in the odd bar here but I've yet to try one. St Peter's Ruby Red from UK sounds good, anyone tried it? Or Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale from the USA? Perhaps I'll just take the plunge while the bottle shop is still open on a Fridee nite.........mmmmmmm bee-ah :beer:

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
I like most types of beer from lager through to stout, but my least favorite style is wheat beer.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/red-xxx said:
Red XXX[/URL][/B], post: 9026439, member: 55251"]Jagger69 come to Bristol and I'll take you to the http://www.7stars.co.uk/ infact we can just have a pub crawl around the dock:beer:

Works for me, Red! I'll let you know next time I'm in town. ;)

Last night I had a Polish Porter called Kywiec Porter. 9.5% alcohol. I will be buying that again some time in the future, great drop.

Attachments

• Porter-001.jpg
    Porter-001.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 117

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Last night I had a Polish Porter called Kywiec Porter. 9.5% alcohol. I will be buying that again some time in the future, great drop.

Pretty high for a porter. Did it have that sorta IPA bite to it or was it masked by the roast? Or was it that caramelly sorta syrupy flavour?

Pretty high for a porter. Did it have that sorta IPA bite to it or was it masked by the roast? Or was it that caramelly sorta syrupy flavour?

No strong bite to it. Familiar smokey/roasted taste at the start, slight caramel sweetness in the middle and a hint of a bitter aftertaste. Well balanced I thought. If you like more bite or bitterness then it's probably not for you.

in my opinion better taste have beers with 4.5 to 6 % alcohol in them. Skopsko is my fav.

1.1275938805.skopsko.jpg

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
I personally love a good wheat beer or Irish ale.. my favorites of which are Boulevard unfiltered wheat beer & Smithwicks.

For some reason I never drink it at home but I like ordering Old Rasputin or any imperial stout.

I personally love a good wheat beer or Irish ale.. my favorites of which are Boulevard unfiltered wheat beer & Smithwicks.

For some reason I never drink it at home but I like ordering Old Rasputin or any imperial stout.

Smithwick's and Old Rasputin intrigue me, especially the latter at 9% alcohol, but sadly I can't find any place that sells them here.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I do enjoy a good stout. Porters are noms too.

Ari Dee

Official Checked Star Member
Smithwick's and Old Rasputin intrigue me, especially the latter at 9% alcohol, but sadly I can't find any place that sells them here.

They don't sell Smithwick's in Los Angeles either, it is one of the biggest things I look forward to when I go down to San Diego for Comic-Con every year..
when I lived in Louisiana I drank it at a little Irish pub every weekend.. it is really fantastic.

Stouts are great to me for slowly sipping on an afternoon or early evening at a nice bar, waiting for a meal that takes some time.. or as a liquid lunch :p
I'm getting a beer boner.

When I know a bar is going to have a shitty selection or I'm in too much of a hurry to bother looking at the list (sometimes good company will do that!) my go-to's are usually Blue Moon or something like Pacifico.
But man nothing beats a cold wheat beer to me when it comes to a hot summer day or coming home from a long day. That's what I love about beer, it feels like there's something for every mood.

Wow, an imperial stout lover! As a fellow imperial stout lover, I have to recommend you some. I have discovered that imperial stouts from Iceland, of all places, are pretty awesome. So far, I had only two, but boy were they great:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/borg-garun-icelandic-stout-nr-19/232747/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/olvisholt-lava/98129/

Stouts are great to me for slowly sipping on an afternoon or early evening at a nice bar, waiting for a meal that takes some time.. or as a liquid lunch :p
I'm getting a beer boner.
Or as a dessert... have you ever tried a coffee stout to go along with a piece of chocolate cake?

But man nothing beats a cold wheat beer to me when it comes to a hot summer day or coming home from a long day. That's what I love about beer, it feels like there's something for every mood.
I couldn't agree more! There's no such thing as "I'm not in the mood for beer" because there's always something no matter what mood you're in.

Smithwick's and Old Rasputin intrigue me, especially the latter at 9% alcohol

You should try the first Icelandic imperial stout I recommended. 11.5% ABV but still totally drinkable.