• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The American Dream is Now a Nightmare

His point is that you guys pay 50% of your income in taxes and he doesnt want that. he doesnt want to pay anything for anyone else, even if it means a healthier more productive society. the republicans dont want to do shit for anyone. to hell with a bankrupt society and a broken system. as long as they themselves are ok then fuck everyone else.

this is why our country is in the shape its in.

You don't speak for me little woman. And this idiot from the shit side of the Atlantic peddling his brand of health care when it isn't even ranked in the top 10. So the US adopts this form and moves up from 38th to 25th? Lol

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Wait a minute, when you are paying 50-70% in taxes, you aren't getting anything for free. We have to have a definition of poor here. Living wages are not an entitlement. They are to be worked for. Ringing a register or pumping gas doesn't qualify. It's a start to gain more. Work more, get more. 32 hours with 2 weeks vacation and benefits is not a right. That's a bonus for doing shit jobs. Some will pay it and some will not. Mariah, how many hours a week do you work? I'm guessing 70. You could cut back to 40 but where would you be then? Don't think I'm hating on you but there are many working poor that are of the thinking that if they work 40 hours per week, doing anything, they should have the place they want to live in, afford their car, nothing out of their pockets for sicknesses, and can get a loan to get a boat. That's too much for too many people who aren't doing that much. Let's draw a line.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
when a company is making BILLIONS in profit but not paying their employees who make them the money a living wage it's fucked up. I work at least 10 - 12 hours a day. many days 16 - 18 depending on what I have to get done. And I work 7 days a week. I work when Im away on my vacations too.

Bob do you deny that in the last 40 years the gap between the poor and the wealthy has grown? That the middle class is shrinking? In the 1950s and 1960s a guy could work an average job and his wife could afford to stay home and raise their kids. they could take a trip every year and save for college and a daughter's wedding. that shit isn't happening today. Both parents work just to barely make it. Wages have been stagnant because if you dont require companies to pay more, they never will. people say minimum wage jobs are entry level. Yes I agree, but if the minimum was $12 hourly or $15 hourly then the scale would go up for everyone.

as long as we have this view of our society that the rich get richer and the rest can fuck off we will continue to slide down the scale in every category. the only category we are #1 in is confidence. everyone feels entitled to this wonderful life but the reality is that it's not for everyone. it's out there for fewer and fewer people every year.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes you pay more taxes but you get better roads. better schools. health care. You get an up to date power grid. better quality of life. take a drive in europe sometime and see the difference in the roads compared to the US. it's night and day. Ive driven all over france and spain and england and italy and their roads are waaaaaaay better than ours are.

georges

Staff member
no georges did NOT say that. and show me where it's becoming privatized? it ALWAYS had private doctors and hospitals just as the UK has. If you have money you can pay for private care. ALWAYS has been that way. the public option is still in place and france doesn't have a single payer system like the UK has.

you wish. the wheels are coming off of your 1950s wannabe party. Frank Burns for president! PLEASE!

I told you in another thread that our social security and healthcare insurance system is getting privatized. Here is an article speaking about the indirect privatization of the healthcare system and why the actual system is showing problems. I attached a files of an article of the French press (Newspaper La Tribune) translated in English mentioning the privatization of the healthcare system. Our system isn't comparable to the UK but don't make yourself illusions it is getting privatized because it was too laxist and too generous with people who have ridden the welfare train during decades.

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #048 - 'The French health system is it falling apart_,fr' - www_latribun.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #048 - 'The French health system is it falling apart_,fr' - www_latribun.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

georges

Staff member
And as far as georges goes, in one post he says the french health care system is no longer any good and its going to this when in another post he says how it's becoming privatized these days. Now I don't have the education that you do BC, but that kinda sounds lie georges is saying that its getting worse now that it's becoming privatized.
I am never lieing about the french health care system my dear Milano because I live in France since I am born and I know what is exactly happening with the French healthcare system. The healthcare and social security system isn't any good because it is severely indebted and inefficient anymore. And guess because of who it is indebted? Because of several welfare cases and people who have never ever worked and who just made children for the sake making them and got all the helps like free health care and social security paid by the hardworking citizens during 30 years. With a deficit over 4 billions of €, the social security and healthcare system is not able to provide good salaries nor good care in public hospitals. You want to get the best doctors, then you go in private hospitals, end of story. The privatization of the system benefits to those who work and who pay their taxes, for those who rode and ride the welfare train, they don't benefit from it and it is a good thing. If you make the cost of many the hardworking people in France have paid for people who rode the welfare train since 1981, you would be ashamed. I am not also mentioning that some medicaments aren't reimbursed anymore and some are replaced by generic ones.

georges

Staff member
when a company is making BILLIONS in profit but not paying their employees who make them the money a living wage it's fucked up. I work at least 10 - 12 hours a day. many days 16 - 18 depending on what I have to get done. And I work 7 days a week. I work when Im away on my vacations too.

Bob do you deny that in the last 40 years the gap between the poor and the wealthy has grown? That the middle class is shrinking? In the 1950s and 1960s a guy could work an average job and his wife could afford to stay home and raise their kids. they could take a trip every year and save for college and a daughter's wedding. that shit isn't happening today. Both parents work just to barely make it. Wages have been stagnant because if you dont require companies to pay more, they never will. people say minimum wage jobs are entry level. Yes I agree, but if the minimum was $12 hourly or $15 hourly then the scale would go up for everyone.

as long as we have this view of our society that the rich get richer and the rest can fuck off we will continue to slide down the scale in every category. the only category we are #1 in is confidence. everyone feels entitled to this wonderful life but the reality is that it's not for everyone. it's out there for fewer and fewer people every year.

and yes you pay more taxes but you get better roads. better schools. health care. You get an up to date power grid. better quality of life. take a drive in europe sometime and see the difference in the roads compared to the US. it's night and day. Ive driven all over france and spain and england and italy and their roads are waaaaaaay better than ours are.

You are a hardworking woman and that is all to your honor La Milano :thumbsup: But you must understand that the US government thinks always in terms of business and like in the movie Cogan, the dialogue of the end reflects the mentality of your country:
Barack Obama (on TV): ...to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one...

Driver: You hear that line? Line's for you.

Jackie Cogan: Don't make me laugh. One people. It's a myth created by Thomas Jefferson.

Driver: Oh, so now you're going to have a go at Jefferson, huh?

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and fucked his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now fuckin' pay me. "
The US is a country where a lot of people have a highly individualistic behavior and they care about their own wealth and success but when common interests are in danger, everyone is reunited but for other matters, it is to each their own. You mustn't forget that the european have a completely different governmental and medical system.

His point is that you guys pay 50% of your income in taxes and he doesnt want that. he doesnt want to pay anything for anyone else, even if it means a healthier more productive society. the republicans dont want to do shit for anyone. to hell with a bankrupt society and a broken system. as long as they themselves are ok then fuck everyone else.

this is why our country is in the shape its in.

Well quite. I think he's made that clear in earlier posts.

Wait a minute, when you are paying 50-70% in taxes, you aren't getting anything for free. We have to have a definition of poor here. Living wages are not an entitlement. They are to be worked for. Ringing a register or pumping gas doesn't qualify. It's a start to gain more. Work more, get more. 32 hours with 2 weeks vacation and benefits is not a right. That's a bonus for doing shit jobs. Some will pay it and some will not. Mariah, how many hours a week do you work? I'm guessing 70. You could cut back to 40 but where would you be then? Don't think I'm hating on you but there are many working poor that are of the thinking that if they work 40 hours per week, doing anything, they should have the place they want to live in, afford their car, nothing out of their pockets for sicknesses, and can get a loan to get a boat. That's too much for too many people who aren't doing that much. Let's draw a line.

The top rate of tax in the UK for the current tax year is 45%, though it was 50% so I don't blame anyone for getting that wrong. You would only pay that rate if you're earning over £150,000 ($242,835 according to Google) and probably benefit from a few loopholes. I personally only pay 20% and that's after the first £9,440 which is tax free. More to the point, obviously my taxes help fund the NHS but, if I get sick, I won't be penalised by higher premiums next year (or losing coverage altogether pre-Obamacare).

What, in your eyes, qualifies as real work though? A restaurant can't function if no one is waiting tables or cooking the food. If no one's manning the cash register, no one is getting paid. I've worked my share of crappy jobs and some good ones and it's generally been the crap ones that have required more work. As for hours, I was actually with some new starters this morning and one of the things they were told is that they won't let them work 70 hours because you'll make mistakes. They generally limit people to 50 and that's only at peak times, otherwise it's 40. This is not some woolly, left-wing, unionised, hippy factory; it's a soulless, tax dodging, multinational that recognises that the more hours people work the less productive they get.

So you know for certain that it was an impartial study? No right wing economist worth their salt would be in favor of dismantling 1/6 of the economy. You need to concern yourself with bringing dental care up to 21st century in that little country of yours before you start telling us how to run our health care system. Fucking Britiot
You're hilarious. Especially the way you say that the Brits get their panties in a wad when it's you throwing a temper tantrum. I was gonna debunk your bunkum, but it's been done for me.
Yea, I used edit. You may not have heard from these people... and I am blonde so what of it? They hate their shit. The Brits and Canadians aren't too fond of their systems either.
Many Brits are trying to save their system from privatisation. But you don't see that in the media.
And you're use of the word ghetto is always good for a chuckle.
*your
Big talk since you're only just in the top 40. We might not be in the top 10, but we're still twenty places ahead of the US and pay less than half of what you do per capita. Which is even sadder when you don't even cover everyone as it shows just how bloated your system must be. Someone somewhere is getting rich and if you have the misfortune to get sick, that won't be you. Which is why I wouldn't seek treatment in the US since I can get treated here for free and because I'm a fiscal conservative when it comes to my budget suits me fine.

By the way, the Brits have bad teeth stereotype was barely funny the first time you brought it up, now I just kind of feel sorry that that's your only "argument" against our system.
Oh, look: Facts!
I always love how the brits get their panties in a wad when you mention their teeth! lol It is far from a stereotype. Been there at least 10 times. You have some of the scariest looking people on the planet there. It is like mutants from a nuclear experiment gone bad.
Post a picture of yourself, let us see if you're qualified to judge others (see what I did there? LOL!)
You don't speak for me little woman. And this idiot from the shit side of the Atlantic peddling his brand of health care when it isn't even ranked in the top 10. So the US adopts this form and moves up from 38th to 25th? Lol
So... the U.S. shouldn't ape a system that performs better than theirs because it will only improve performance by 13 places? Explain thy logic or GTFO.
Living wages are worked for. That's why they're called "wages". You can't progress to more if you die at the bottom.
You start talking about how people shouldn't expect holidays, but why not? It's not like the rich work; the poor work for them. And much harder at that, as Redwolf mentions.

Georges is a good man.
That's a minority opinion. And as for your high regard for the "facts" he puts forward. It's similarly questionable.
Well quite. I think he's made that clear in earlier posts.

The top rate of tax in the UK for the current tax year is 45%, though it was 50% so I don't blame anyone for getting that wrong. You would only pay that rate if you're earning over £150,000 ($242,835 according to Google) and probably benefit from a few loopholes. I personally only pay 20% and that's after the first £9,440 which is tax free. More to the point, obviously my taxes help fund the NHS but, if I get sick, I won't be penalised by higher premiums next year (or losing coverage altogether pre-Obamacare).

What, in your eyes, qualifies as real work though? A restaurant can't function if no one is waiting tables or cooking the food. If no one's manning the cash register, no one is getting paid. I've worked my share of crappy jobs and some good ones and it's generally been the crap ones that have required more work. As for hours, I was actually with some new starters this morning and one of the things they were told is that they won't let them work 70 hours because you'll make mistakes. They generally limit people to 50 and that's only at peak times, otherwise it's 40. This is not some woolly, left-wing, unionised, hippy factory; it's a soulless, tax dodging, multinational that recognises that the more hours people work the less productive they get.
I'm starting to like this guy.

Mariahxxx

I love England and I love most of Europe. Hardly the shit side I'd say. The US has little to no culture. Most people here have zero awareness of our country's history other than we once had slaves and 1 in 5 high school students can't point the USA out on a fucking map.

The only thing that has been debunked by you sorry brits is the theory that you two possess any gray matter between your skulls. Touting your own failed health care system when it has been implemented for how many years now? And still it is not considered a model for anyone. Your little coumtry could barely compete with the economy of our largest state LMA0. and you have a fraction of the population. Thank God the majority of my time in England has been spent in Thatcher country where the people have a certain degree of intellect and oral hygiene and not around these hair brained Limey twits like Wawahyena and LonelyWolf. And Mariah Morono chiming in with her critique of culture. Yeah nothing screams refinement and culture like a woman that spends the majority of her day with a dildo strapped to her cheeks.

Mariahxxx

you wish I had a dildo strapped to my cheeks so you could wank to the thought of your ultimate fantasy being fulfilled. you extreme anti-gay fellas are always the ones taking it in the jaw behind closed doors, or bathroom stalls. if you saw a woman coming in your direction with a strapon primed and ready your knees would buckle like a rookie facing a Nolan Ryan curve ball.

The only way a man would get a thrill seeing a dildo strapped to your cheeks is if was inverted into your pie hole and strapped around your jaw to keep it shut so he could get some peace from that annoying voice of yours.

Mariahxxx

you love my voice. you would love to have your bowels drilled with my dark plastic love missile and you know it. you'd be so dick drunk I could get you to say you love Obama on camera

I love England and I love most of Europe. Hardly the shit side I'd say. The US has little to no culture. Most people here have zero awareness of our country's history other than we once had slaves and 1 in 5 high school students can't point the USA out on a fucking map.

To be fair, there's a lot about American culture that I love. There are plenty of people this side of the Atlantic that are historically ignorant, I think we could all do better.

The only thing that has been debunked by you sorry brits is the theory that you two possess any gray matter between your skulls. Touting your own failed health care system when it has been implemented for how many years now? And still it is not considered a model for anyone. Your little coumtry could barely compete with the economy of our largest state LMA0. and you have a fraction of the population. Thank God the majority of my time in England has been spent in Thatcher country where the people have a certain degree of intellect and oral hygiene and not around these hair brained Limey twits like Wawahyena and LonelyWolf. And Mariah Morono chiming in with her critique of culture. Yeah nothing screams refinement and culture like a woman that spends the majority of her day with a dildo strapped to her cheeks.

Wow, I'm glad my healthcare is free if I'm going to get burned like that.

I'm not going to waste my time on the inaccuracies in that post, just go to wikipedia and look up California and the United Kingdom and figure out for yourself what's wrong, assuming you're not to dick drunk ;).

If I need to get my fix on uninhibited bat shit crazy quim, all I have to do is drive down to a local strip joint buy a few drinks and bring home an impressionable 21 year old and knock the back out of her for a few hours. She can only get the blood to boiling when she asks if she can move in.