• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Thaddeus McCotter applies paperwork to run for USA president

This pleases me. I always thought Thaddeus was a class act. I will suport him. :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-mccotter-2012-mic,0,718572.story

McCotter said he would push for a fundamental restructuring of government and for Wall Street banks that received federal bailout money to free up credit.

"We're not seeing credit flow down to entrepreneurs, innovators and workers that will grow the economy and shape it for the 21st century," he said. "To me that has to be a linchpin of any economic policy that goes forward.

"You've got 14 million people unemployed. You've got up to 30 million people looking for jobs that aren't there to move up the ladder. You have to restructure the banks to get that credit and capital flowing."

C

cindy CD/TV

The only reason why I know him is because he's on Red Eye

And he is hilarious on that show. He delivers some dry, very sharp witty remarks with the same straight face as when he's offering his political views or giving a speech on the House floor. He's a smart guy and effective legislator that seems to have bipartisan respect. His only problem is that he doesn't have that "It" factor or super charisma that takes over a crowd. But I think he'd do a fine job in the big chair and anyone facing him in a debate would be in deep shit. We could (and have) do a lot worse.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
In the history of man, I don't think anyone named Thadeus has won anything.

Ever.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
And he's exactly right about this:

We're not seeing credit flow down to entrepreneurs, innovators and workers that will grow the economy and shape it for the 21st century," he said. "To me that has to be a linchpin of any economic policy that goes forward.

Since CIT collapsed, it's even more difficult for small to medium sized firms to get short term collateralized loans based on (proven) invoices.

We supposedly saved the big banks to keep lines of credit flowing. But that hasn't happened. While larger firms can use the commercial paper or bond markets, small-medium firms still have no place to turn for credit lines... other than maybe a local/small regional bank (and they're not always helpful either).

I've never heard of this guy. But it would be a breath of fresh air to have a candidate (on either side) that's not full of hyperbole and extremist foolishness. Don't tell a (small) business owner that you're on his side just because you're in favor of keeping his taxes at x% instead of y%, when he can't get short term loans on his invoices so as to keep his business going! If you don't have any profits, you don't have to worry about taxes in the first place!!! :mad:

His chances are practically nil.

If he manages to get the Republican bid, then his chances are still practically nil.

However, he is the one Republican in the mix I like (except for a potential fellow NYer). As Dennis Miller said "I like the cut of his jib."

If he makes it, I'll vote for him.