• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tekken 6

Anybody playing this? I picked the game up for $33 thanks to the Black Friday sale on Amazon and just got it today, and I have to admit that I'm really enjoying it. Story mode sucks of course (as they always do with fighting games), but the arcade mode and versus mode gameplay are just as fun as ever. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes fighting games, or is a casual fighting game fan.

I might pick it up sometimes within the next month or two. I need my Julia Chang.

ima try to pick it up 2morrow. Ive always been a fan of the tekken franchise, never seems to disappoint

I played it a few weeks ago at a friend's house.Nothing really new except a few new characters.It's a pretty good game,but fighting games just aren't any fun if all you are doing is playing the computer.The online play is fucking maddening,due to the fact that people will pull the cheapest shit just to win.

I have to be honest,I was a huge Tekken junkie back in the day.Started playing a lot of Soul Calibur 3 and loved it.I wouldn't have said this 7-8 years ago,but Soul Calibur is is a better fighting game.

So I just got the game recently,and I have to say that it is the cheapest ass mf'ers in the world that play online.

I can't believe how many people just pick the same 6 or 7 characters over and over again,and there are 40 (that's right fucking 40!) to chose from.

I personally think that they have ruined this franchise with one single aspect;the juggle system.If you play against someone that really knows how to juggle,you are totally fucked and might as well put the controller down.

I was just playing a guy that was using Lee(one of the 6 or 7,like I mentioned) and all he did was juggle me for about 7-9 hits a pop,and I couldn't get a move in.

Tekken 3 was hands down the best game of the series,because even though you could juggle,it didn't get to the point of cheapness.Plus,ever since that game,they have progressively ruined the Jin character.

I can definitely say that 1)Soul Calibur has surpassed this game by leaps and bounds in game play quality,2)this will more than likely be the last Tekken title that I ever purchase,even if I find it for cheap,because,3)it's just not that fun anymore.There's no real strategy to the fighting anymore.Basically,it comes down to get the first hit in and juggle your ass off.Not fun.

Sad to say it,but the king of the iron fist is dead.

same as all the other ones

Not really.Tekken 3 and 4 are a lot better as far as gameplay goes.

I'm playing right now and the fucking computer is a fucking cheat.Like I said before,the juggling fucked this franchise up.All the computer does is block and juggle,making it impossible to win at times.

The blocking has really taken a step back as well.One thing that I've never understood about this series is why only certain characters have an attack reversal.I would think that they would've given every one a reversal,like they did for DOA.

And there are too many similar characters.There really isn't any reason that there are two separate slots for Eddy and Christie.They're the exact same character.Same goes for Baek and Hwoarang.

There are also characters that are just stupid,like Mokujin,Devil Jin,and Roger Jr.
Don't really know why they always have to have a character like Mokujin that's a complete mystery of who he fights like until you either recognize his stance or start fighting with him,and sometimes by the time you figured out who he is,your fucking dead.

Though I agree with some of your comments to an extent, there are a few things that I take issue with.

Not really.Tekken 3 and 4 are a lot better as far as gameplay goes.
Tekken 3 is definitely a classic, possibly the high point in the series. But Tekken 4!? Ugh, no way was that garbage better than Tekken 6. It's widely considered the black sheep of the series.

And there are too many similar characters.There really isn't any reason that there are two separate slots for Eddy and Christie.They're the exact same character.Same goes for Baek and Hwoarang.
Eddy and Christie are indeed the same, but Baek and Hwoarang are not the same by any means. They both use Taekwando (so they kick a lot), but they have totally different move sets and play styles.

In regards to the juggling, I do feel your pain there, but played at a high level, Tekken 6 is definitely not just about juggles. Set ups, oki, mix-ups/mind games, and the are very important to the game. You just have to put in the time to learn those types of things to get really good. I personally don't have the time for that nowadays, but I can see what makes a good player, being a Tekken vet.