• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tax cuts don't work

And if the Repubs were taking the long view, they'd let the Dems do it and take the blame because if they don't, it going to happen on the their watch when they eventually retake the White House.

Bush the Elder didn't want to raise taxes— the poor guy had no choice.

Whatever they say, it's going to happen. Bet on it.

You're right. Bush (41) did what was right. At the end of the day it helped set up the run that started during his term and ended in his son's.

I think you're strategy is probably a good one. They dug their heels in so deep though. Who knows what goes on there, though.

And if the Repubs were taking the long view, they'd let the Dems do it and take the blame because if they don't, it going to happen on the their watch when they eventually retake the White House.

Bush the Elder didn't want to raise taxes— the poor guy had no choice.

Whatever they say, it's going to happen. Bet on it.

:confused: People seem hypnotized by this generic notion of 'raising taxes'...Basically they've brought the GOPer talking point on it hook, line and stinkin sinker.

GUYS (and gals)....Obama ran (and apparently got elected) on letting sunset Bush's tax cuts on the top 2 pct.

Why are we questioning whether we should 'raise' (NOT RENEW CUTS) on the top 2 pct.????????

Oh...I forgot,:facepalm: the lame, scared Demos of the last congress couldn't/would't act responsible for fear of being demagogued. And they got demagogued out of office anyway......

Well I ain't paying a single cent more on tax. So for all of you who want tax hikes.....you pay not me.

Well I ain't paying a single cent more on tax. So for all of you who want tax hikes.....you pay not me.

Who asked you to???:1orglaugh

Didn't you just say a week or so ago that you weren't in the top 2 pct???????

"Nope! I just ain't taking that medicine!! No matter what you do to me!!:mad:"

Well, who asked you to Little Johnny?:confused::1orglaugh

Who asked you to???:1orglaugh

Didn't you just say a week or so ago that you weren't in the top 2 pct???????

"Nope! I just ain't taking that medicine!! No matter what you do to me!!:mad:"

Well, who asked you to Little Johnny?:confused::1orglaugh

Because sure as shit your people(Dems/Obama/Liberals) get greedy and slip the invisible hand to our wallets.

Because sure as shit your people(Dems/Obama/Liberals) get greedy and slip the invisible hand to our wallets.

If they do, that would probably only be because daddy GWB didn't pay for shit while he was protecting you and allegedly keeping you safe..But I know, that's 'blaming Bush', right???:1orglaugh.:facepalm:

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner

At least you're honest about your reasons, though.

What pisses me off is they way they spin it, as though lower taxes=more jobs, which doesn't really pan out. Growth in the Bush II years was actually piss poor despite the big cuts.

Oh they do, and they will...........all under the banner of tax hikes for the 2%.

I can't wait to see what else Obama can deplete if he wins another God forsaken 4 years.

So help me figure this out...If daddy Bush won't make anyone pay for shit...just who is/was/will???????????????????????

So help me figure this out...If daddy Bush won't make anyone pay for shit...just who is/was/will???????????????????????

This isn't about Bush anymore. Your man is in the driver's seat, he's been there since 2009. It's his ball game, his ship. Right now the S.S. Obama is wallowing in the ocean it's main decks awash. Better think fast Meg.

This isn't about Bush anymore. Your man is in the driver's seat, he's been there since 2009. It's his ball game, his ship. Right now the S.S. Obama is wallowing in the ocean it's main decks awash. Better think fast Meg.

Too true:rolleyes:

Just curious, ever try your hand at Origami? (You're not too good at this game Doc...):o

Too true:rolleyes:

Just curious, ever try your hand at Origami? (You're not too good at this game Doc...):o

Reagan managed to get out the country out of shitter in two years.

Captain Obama and his ship the S.S. Lollipop are sinking. But I have hope.

If the ship does sink by the bow I'm sure you'll be there Meg singing "Nearer my God to Thee.." as the Lollipop goes under.

If the ship does sink by the bow I'm sure you'll be there Meg singing "Nearer my God to Thee.." as the Lollipop goes under.

Well, not to delve too deeply down this road in this thread...(we can start our own Reagan party thread if you'd like..the results will be the same btw)...

But what do you characterize as getting the economy out of the shitter in 2 years...

According to what everyone else ('cept you apparently) knows or should know...u/e was over 10 pct. at Reagan's two year mark...or did you forget about this that quick??

Square that one doc....what right-mind person considers that getting the economy out of the shitter especially when he inherited a 7.5 pct u/e rate?
:bigear:

So there you have it. Meg admits Reagan pulled this country out from the morass in 2 years. Thanks Meg. I hope Obama does the same........meanwhile care to show me where the lifebelts are?

I call this the Reagan myth. The Reagan economy was a one-hit wonder. Yes, there was a boom in the mid-1980s, as the economy recovered from a severe recession. But while the rich got much richer, there was little sustained economic improvement for most Americans. By the late 1980s, middle-class incomes were barely higher than they had been a decade before -and the poverty rate had actually risen.

Facetious

Moderated
Why do democrats care one iota about the condition of the economy, they're anti capitalists who would rather sit at home like a bump on a log and receive state money, they don't need no stinkin economy...WTF? :dunno:

...oh yea, it's the condition of the economy that makes or breaks a presidency
and they know it!

This is a fact:yesyes:

This is not a fact.

First off, what are are these tax cuts supposed to work for? Trimming nose hair? Getting pecker tracks out of a wedding gown? Possibly getting the Lions in the playoffs?

Next, we have to deal with that are too many variables. It's not like you can have a control group for a clinical study.

The bottom line is that if you give these big companies tax breaks they are going to pocket the money. If you increase their taxes or even just close any loopholes they are going to pass it on to the consumer.

All of this talk is nothing but opinions. Saying that something is a fact does not make it so.

If the goal is to create job, then lower taxes on those who create jobs. We need more tax payers, not higher tax rates. Plus any tax increase on corporations will only be "trickled down" to the consumer anyway, they'll just raise the price of their product to compensate for that loss.

What we need is a government that can make do with the revenue they get. And that should also apply to the local level, whether it's a mayor or school board. If whoever is elected to that job can't make do with that, we should elect others who can. There should be a justification for any tax increase based on cold hard numbers, not just because somoene is pulling on our heartstrings showing us how poor 80 year old Mrs. Smith is going to be thrown to the street if we don't increase taxes. I mean, if those clowns really cared for the old lady, and not just pretended to care, instead of waiting on an act of congress, they'd open up their own wallets and help her out.

And another problem is that they keep buying poor people's votes through welfare and other programs that are just leeching from the treasury's coffers. Government shouldn't be a charity, at least not unless they have a surplus, then they can do whatever they want with any revenues remaining after paying for any essential government duties. If you feel so strongly about helping the poor, there's the United Way, the Salvation Army, Ronald McDonald House, heck, even just going to a family in need and donating money directly to them and you don't even need the clowns in congress to move their asses for that.

screw that! I don't want to pay MORE taxes. Cut my taxes and let me keep more of my hard earned money. Let the overpaid jagoffs in Congress take a pay cut instead.