• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Tax cuts don't work

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
:facepalm: Wrong

Depends on what the goal of cuts or hikes are.

Facetious

Moderated
Sure they work, if I was a businessman worth a mere couple a million and I was contemplating hiring one or more additional employees, I would sure review my numbers first before taking on additional risk(s).
Dayom! Do you know how expensive it is to support employees these days?

All in all, I don't mind paying taxes so long as the revenues go directly to roads & highways, fire/rescue, the local constable and various & sundry other essential government services.

Bush tax cuts worked out fine. I got to keep more of my hard earned money and I spent it. That created more demand and required more hiring to keep up with it. Of course it created jobs. Tax cuts increasing demand is one of the provable economic certainties.

Bush tax cuts worked out fine. I got to keep more of my hard earned money and I spent it. That created more demand and required more hiring to keep up with it. Of course it created jobs. Tax cuts increasing demand is one of the provable economic certainties.

1. Between 2001 and 2010, the Bush tax cuts added $2.6 trillion to the public debt, 50 percent of the total debt accrued during that time. Over the past 10 years, the country has spent more than $400 billion just servicing the debt created by the cuts.

2. Between 2002 and 2007, employment increased by less than 1 percent when the economy was supposed to be expanding. Employment growth barely kept pace with population growth. Between the end of 2001, when the country was in a recession, and the peak of the real estate bubble,the US economy performed worse than at any time since the end of World War II.

3. Far from paying for themselves with increased economic activity as promised, the tax cuts have depleted the public treasury. Tax collections have plunged to their lowest share of the economy in 60 years.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Two recessions during the span that the Dubya tax cuts went into effect. Two of them. One of them remarkably staggering.

I have asked this many times, and have yet to get a satisfactory answer: If the Trickle Down Theory works (and that is all Dubya's cuts were) - why did we suffer through two recessions?

Two recessions during the span that the Dubya tax cuts went into effect. Two of them. One of them remarkably staggering.

I have asked this many times, and have yet to get a satisfactory answer: If the Trickle Down Theory works (and that is all Dubya's cuts were) - why did we suffer through two recessions?

As George HW said, it's voodoo economics

Sure they work, if I was a businessman worth a mere couple a million and I was contemplating hiring one or more additional employees, I would sure review my numbers first before taking on additional risk(s).
Dayom! Do you know how expensive it is to support employees these days?

If you was a smart businessman and adding to your payroll was the only way you could meet demand...you would do it even if you had to borrow the stupid money to do so.

If you had more business than your current payroll could support and you sat around waiting for a tax break to hire.....you're next stop - hiring your competitors to do for you what you used to do.:2 cents:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Fiat currency is dumb, but seemingly necessary right now...

fiat = fake or made up, i.e. paper money, for those who don't know...

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner

Growth was substandard during that period also.

I mean, I hear what you're saying, but we're going to have to raise taxes to pay off the deficit, which we're all responsible for, because we let the people we elected, both parties, run it up so high.

At some point, someone's gotta take responsibility.

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner

Because "trickle down" means pissing in the face of the working class.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I am more in favor for a tax severing or amputation.

I can't see how now is the time to be contemplating tax cuts. I think Ike's comments are pretty good ones.

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
I can't see how now is the time to be contemplating tax cuts. I think Ike's comments are pretty good ones.

And if the Repubs were taking the long view, they'd let the Dems do it and take the blame because if they don't, it going to happen on the their watch when they eventually retake the White House.

Bush the Elder didn't want to raise taxes— the poor guy had no choice.

Whatever they say, it's going to happen. Bet on it.

Well, isn't the theory that business will take their tax savings and just naturally and automatically create jobs (apparently without deference to demand for their products)?:dunno:

Again, why not? The theory has obviously worked so well in practice.:rolleyes::o