• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Takeru Kobayashi Sets World Record With 69 Hot Dogs...or did he?

Takeru Kobayashi has regained the title of the world's greatest hot dog eater -- but this time it comes with an asterisk.

Joey Chestnut once again won the Mustard Belt at the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest in Brooklyn, N.Y., but eating in exile on a rooftop in Manhattan, Kobayashi managed to put away a world record of 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes to Chesnut's 62.

After Kobayashi's camp and the organizers of the July 4 hot dog eating contest failed to reconcile their differences following a contract dispute and the eater's arrest at last year's contest, the six-time Nathan's champ took to the bar 230 FIFTH for an unsanctioned eating expo overseen by New York State Athletic Association judges Brian Adams and Tyrone Jackson.

And he made history, beating Chestnut's 2009 record by a single HDB (hot dog and bun) and Chestnut's 2011 showing by seven HDBs.

In Coney Island, Chestnut relished in his 62-dog performance, unaware that Kobayashi had regained the world record in the unofficial event. He stated afterward that he was "feeling good."

The San Jose, Calif., native, fittingly known as "Jaws," started fast and hardly slowed at the Brooklyn event. Pat "Deep Dish" Bertoletti nearly kept pace, finishing with an impressive 55 HDBs. Third place finisher Tim "Eater X" Janus consumed 45 HDBs.

When informed of Kobayashi's historic performance, Major League Eating president and hot dog contest master of ceremonies George Shea called it a "farce."

"The champion of the world is crowned in Coney Island. Always has been, always will be," said Shea. "[Kobayashi] put a tin crown on his head and called himself king."

http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/07/04...1_lnk1|75392#s302839&title=Joey_Chestnut_Wins

Joey Chestnut is a legend.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
how the fuck does one go about eating damn near 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes? that's 7 a minute with the bun...insanity! And pretty god damn pointless

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
They both ate 29 times the recommended daily allowance of sodium in that short amount of time. Forget about the amount of rat feces they just ate, say hello to high blood pressure and stroke.

every year this contest gets media attention i wonder how on earth this still gets any attention at all.

i wouldnt be surprised if in 10 years the people who compete in this have major health problems. its disgusting to eat 62 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
If our national pride is hurt by some fat fuck not being able to stuff his face full of shit as fast as a Japanese guy, then, fuck it...we need to start over. Blow this fucker off the map, along with anything with a BMI in the "obese" category, and create a nation that is not food-obsessed.

They both ate 29 times the recommended daily allowance of sodium in that short amount of time. Forget about the amount of rat feces they just ate, say hello to high blood pressure and stroke.

Yet, Kobayashi is skinnier than I am and Chesnut isn't exactly "fat" either.
Commentators actually pointed out the skinnier you are the more room your stomach can expand.

every year this contest gets media attention i wonder how on earth this still gets any attention at all.

It was hillarious this year. ;) I'll try to get the Youtube.

Come on people, lighten the fuck up. :facepalm: It was all in good fun. Drink a beer. Eat a goddamn hot dog. It's the 4th for fucks sake.

These guys aren't horsing down this kind of shit every day, they drink big ass jugs of water to prep - unlike some of you. :1orglaugh

This reminds me of the documentary 'The King of Kong'

Billy Mitchell is the long standing record holder for the game Donkey Kong. Steve Weibe buys a Donkey Kong arcade machine and beats the record. Mitchell, upset he lost his record, calls shenanigans and says Weibe's machine is rigged, and anybody who's anybody knows that all records are set at so and so place on a certain machine.

So Weibe goes there and beats Mitchell's record again. After Mitchell finds out the bad news, he sends a recording of himself beating the record on his home machine, which despite his protests against Weibe doing so, is announced the world record. Hipocrite, no?

What I'm trying to say is, a record is a record. Kobiyashi ate 69. That's the record. The guy who runs the contest can go fuck himself.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Shit like this is why people hate America.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
my favorite part of the Coney Island / ESPN spectacle was there was a blimp providing aerial coverage. Really? Like an overhead shot is ever needed for this. It truly is a sign America is the land of gluttony and extreme.

Happy 4th!

Shit like this is why people hate America.

And yet it was won by a Japanese like 5 years in a row. America ain't the only ones who do shit like this. Hell, there was a Chinese "team" there yesterday. Those eating contests go on all over at pageants and parade and fair all over. This just happens to be the biggest one on the planet. I think the shit is funny as hell - there were 40K people there lol