• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Super Bowl XLIII

Who will win Super Bowl XLIII?

• Cardinals

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

member979979

Closed Account
I don't know if I just completely missed it, but why weren't there player introductions before the game?

Because they were more concerned at having Faith Hill sing "America the Beautiful". So Bruce Springsteen could have enough time to shake his ass and swing his guitar around his neck. And they needed to wrap it up so The Office could be shown. :dunno:

And the pre & post-game idiots: Bob Costas, Chris Collinsworth, etc... NBC whores around Bob Costas like he is Dan Rather. These guys come off guys who probably have never played football in their lives and were probably too pussy to play flag football.

Am I the only one who thought this Super Bowl was boring?

We need to discuss the half time show. Now I'm not saying Springsteen sucks, I'm just sick of seeing 60 year old rock stars on stage in tight pants shaking their asses.

But your not going to get a "wardrobe malfunction" with Springsteen.
No, but we got a much more traumatizing crotch shot of The Boss as he practically humped the camera lens. :eek:
Whether or not it was a fumble,why wouldn't they take a look at it just to be sure and to avoid controversy?I think we know why.

too bad the referees had to get as involved as they did... supposed to be a game the players decide, isn't it?
The refs were just hamming it up and basking in the spotlight. Sure, they made some good calls, but they also made some ludicrous calls that shouldn't have been penalties, like calling roughing the passer on Karlos Dansby for tackling Roethelisberger 1 1/2 steps after he threw the ball away.
& then at the end, to NOT stop & review the fumble? even if it came out the same call, the duty to all would be to make sure it was known it was reviewed.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.At least check to be sure to avoid controversy.

Personally, I think it was a fumble, but they should've at least reviewed it. I mean, it's the FUCKING SUPER BOWL!!!

One of my biggest problems with the coaches' challenge rules is that calls can't be disputed within the final 2 minutes of each half. THAT'S WHEN PLAYS FUCKING COUNT THE MOST, AND AN OOPSIE-DAISY FUCK-UP FROM A DUMBASS OFFICIAL CAN COST YOUR TEAM THE GAME!!! :crash: :mad: :cussing:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
The refs were just hamming it up and basking in the spotlight. Sure, they made some good calls, but they also made some ludicrous calls that shouldn't have been penalties, like calling roughing the passer on Karlos Dansby for tackling Roethelisberger 1 1/2 steps after he threw the ball away.

Yeah, they had some questionable calls during the game. The holding call in the endzone was questionable and I especially thought that the personal foul call they made towards the end of the game (on James Harrison) was just ridiculous. They said he PUNCHED a player? Eh, I don't think so. It's called blocking, which is what he was supposed to be doing on that play. Plus, it's the fucking Super Bowl...let them play.

THE "PUNCH"

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Yeah, they had some questionable calls during the game. The holding call in the endzone was questionable and I especially thought that the personal foul call they made towards the end of the game (on James Harrison) was just ridiculous. They said he PUNCHED a player? Eh, I don't think so. It's called blocking, which is what he was supposed to be doing on that play. Plus, it's the fucking Super Bowl...let them play.

THE "PUNCH"

I agree with you. It wasn't a punch at all. Those refs were regular football Nazis last night calling everything. Yes there were some penalties that were not penalties, but it's the Super Bowl. Let the guys play.

I agree with you. It wasn't a punch at all. Those refs were regular football Nazis last night calling everything. Yes there were some penalties that were not penalties, but it's the Super Bowl. Let the guys play.

Wise words, even if they're from a Steelers fan... :1orglaugh :hatsoff:

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
i must admitt how the steelers won last night was total bullshit!! i knew they were gonna steel the game but that last play was a total lowblow too the rest of the game. bruce springsteen rocked the house at half but i was pissed that only the camras were on him and not the rest of the E street band. they cut little steven oout of the whole proformace till the very end when he dropped that stupid line it's boss time.

ChefChiTown

i must admitt how the steelers won last night was total bullshit!! i knew they were gonna steel the game but that last play was a total lowblow too the rest of the game. bruce springsteen rocked the house at half but i was pissed that only the camras were on him and not the rest of the E street band. they cut little steven oout of the whole proformace till the very end when he dropped that stupid line it's boss time.

I thought Springsteen's performance was awesome, but there was one thing that pissed me off.

It's the Super Bowl. It is a day that screams "America". At half-time, the Super Bowl usually features an act that is considered to be "American". Bruce Springsteen is a perfect choice, but tell me...

How in the hell do you not play BORN IN THE USA at the SUPER BOWL?

What I am always fascinated by is the halftime show. Not necessarily because I care for the music, but because it's just mind boggling how they can go from playing field to stage in about 10 minutes, and back in another 10. I've never been to the Super Bowl and haven't seen the show put together in that brief amount of time, but I've worked for several acts that have appeared in the Super Bowl Halftime Show, and I know how long it takes to set up and tear down those shows. Take last night's act, for instance. Last year I worked a Bruce Springsteen show, with that exact same stage and gear, same set up, everything was the same, except for the video wall, which was bigger last year(video walls can only be stacked so high if they're on the ground as opposed to suspended), and it took about 80 stagehands almost 3 hours to break down the gear, and another 2 to pack it up and load it into the trucks. I assume that it's all built in chunks in the tunnel, and then put together as 5 or 10 chunks of stage on the field, but that's still an amazing feat to go from 0 to show in 10 minutes. :hatsoff:

member979979

Closed Account
I thought Springsteen's performance was awesome, but there was one thing that pissed me off.

It's the Super Bowl. It is a day that screams "America". At half-time, the Super Bowl usually features an act that is considered to be "American". Bruce Springsteen is a perfect choice, but tell me...

How in the hell do you not play BORN IN THE USA at the SUPER BOWL?

They said because songs relates too much with the war going on. :dunno:

ChefChiTown

They said because songs relates too much with the war going on. :dunno:

Yet, they have no problem giving the National Anthem to Jennifer Hudson? The only reason she was chosen is because of her tragedy and everybody knows it. It's ok to remind us of a child being brutally murdered but it's not ok to remind us of our troops overseas?

Yeah, you're not hypocritical at all NBC.

METAL HEAD

Closed Account
Chefchitown
i felt the same way last night this was only part of the reason i watched the whole thing. Hell bruce did not have to play the whole song he chould have just sang one line or two from and have gone into another song.

It's called blocking, which is what he was supposed to be doing on that play. Plus, it's the fucking Super Bowl...let them play.

THE "PUNCH"

Are you serious, Chef?
A punch to the shoulder is not a block, particularly when the guy's already securely on the ground. Then he held him down (which also isn't a block - it's called holding), only to pick him up, shove him hard in the throat, then shove him two more times, at least one of which was after the whistle; and all of this with Francisco not resisting/retaliating at all. WTF??? To me that was not only way over the top excessive, it was also completely idiotic, as it could have cost the Steelers getting the ball back had it been flagged during the play instead of after.

ChefChiTown

Are you serious, Chef?
A punch to the shoulder is not a block, particularly when the guy's already securely on the ground. Then he held him down (which also isn't a block - it's called holding), only to pick him up, shove him hard in the throat, then shove him two more times, at least one of which was after the whistle; and all of this with Francisco not resisting/retaliating at all. WTF??? To me that was not only way over the top excessive, it was also completely idiotic, as it could have cost the Steelers getting the ball back had it been flagged during the play instead of after.

He never held him at all. He never grabbed his jersey or any other part of his equipment and held him.

Plus, watch it again. He starts off by pushing on the player's back, keeping him on the ground. As the play is still going on, the player starts to get up, so James Harrison pushed his ass to the ground. Also, he didn't hit him in the throat. If you look at it, you will see that he pushed his chest.

That was definitely not a punch and it shouldn't have warranted a personal foul penalty. Should he have done what he did? No. The ball was far away from them, so he didn't necessarily have to be do what he did. But, did he do anything against the rules by doing what he did? No.

It's called football and it's a contact sport. To call a personal foul on that play is ridiculous, as every play has two players beating the shit out of one another until the whistle blows.

He never held him at all. He never grabbed his jersey or any other part of his equipment and held him.

Plus, watch it again. He starts off by pushing on the player's back, keeping him on the ground. As the play is still going on, the player starts to get up, so James Harrison pushed his ass to the ground. Also, he didn't hit him in the throat. If you look at it, you will see that he pushed his chest.

That was definitely not a punch and it shouldn't have warranted a personal foul penalty. Should he have done what he did? No. The ball was far away from them, so he didn't necessarily have to be do what he did. But, did he do anything against the rules by doing what he did? No.

It's called football and it's a contact sport. To call a personal foul on that play is ridiculous, as every play has two players beating the shit out of one another until the whistle blows.

Exactly. They were no where near the ball, and he didnt have to do what he did. But he did it anyways, so its a penalty.

I thought the officiating during last night's game was very shaky:

1. Why wasn't Harrison ejected from the game for punching a Cardinals player while the Cardinals player was still on the ground? He should have been.

2. Why wasn't Holmes flagged for using the football as a prop when he scored the winning TD? IMO, he used the ball as a salt shaker, then threw the ball up in the air. If that had been T. O., he would have been flagged as well as fined.

3. There should have been a review on the Cardinals last play from scrimmage. I guess there wasn't because Warner didn't complain about it after the play was over.

Still, a phenomenal game last night.

ChefChiTown

Exactly. They were no where near the ball, and he didnt have to do what he did. But he did it anyways, so its a penalty.

Just because he didn't have to do what he did doesn't mean that it's automatically a penalty.

At first I was like Harrison is a dickhead for his behaviour, but look at the replay again.

Fransico, went for his knees, i know it happens all the time, but you can really hurt somebody by trying to take out their knees, and his career would be totally f'ed up. I would be very very angry too, having suffered several sporting injuries myself. I think his reaction was warranted and appropriate. A bit of push and shove, but he didn't completely lose it.

I wouldn't classify that as ludicrous. It was close and was probably a borderline call that could have gone either way. It wasn’t too serious and probably wouldn't have been called more times than not, but it was close enough that the call wasn't an unthinkably bad call either.

I don’t think the officiating was as bas as a lot of people do. The only real issues I saw was the borderline roughing the passer, a block in the back on the long return that could have been called(which those type of penalties get missed as much as they are called on return plays and they are missed all the time. Then again I could also say they missed about half a dozen holding penalties they could have technically called against the person blocking Harrison like they do almost every game but then again those type of calls are missed all the time also.), and the non-review at the end witch might not even be wrong coinciding if the booth person thought it was the right call then it doesn’t need to be reviewed although the probably should have anyhow. The end was moot anyhow because the call was right, and even if it was somehow reversed, which it probably wouldn’t be the Cardinals would have had to make a hall mary pass which probably wouldn‘t have worked anyhow.

the roughing the kicker call was stupid, where was he meant to go?

and the last call was definately a fumble.

good game though. don't blame Warner too much for throwing it straight to Harrison, its not as easy as it looks, i'm sure you all know that anyhow.