• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Students Withdraw From Arizona Universities In Reaction To Immigration Law

Mayhem

Banned
Arizona will show the rest of the country what passing shitty, discriminatory laws winds up doing to the state itself. Arizona has a long, long road ahead for itself.

Facetious

Moderated
Good, now they can enroll students that actually pay for their own tuition, imagine that in a world gone mad w/ entitlement minded free riders . . . at my expense!

Good, now they can enroll students that actually pay for their own tuition, imagine that in a world gone mad w/ entitlement minded free riders . . . at my expense!

No students pay for their own tuition. Their rich out of state parent's pay so that they can ship their dead beat kids off to attend keggers 101.

^ If I'm not mistaken, out of state students pay twice as much for tuition than in-state students

Yeah - you tell 'em !!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:1orglaugh

^ yes it is and undocumented students also pay more for tuition than citizens born in Arizona

lol, you mean mom & dad paying their tuition?

Programs such as grants and scholarships only pay the bills if you show that your keeping above a particular GPA like a 3.5. Are you mad at Mexican's in Arizona that might be achieving a gpa of 3.5 compared to the spoiled rich kids who can graduate with 2.0 gpa?

Philbert

Banned
lol, you mean mom & dad paying their tuition?

Programs such as grants and scholarships only pay the bills if you show that your keeping above a particular GPA like a 3.5. Are you mad at Mexican's in Arizona that might be achieving a gpa of 3.5 compared to the spoiled rich kids who can graduate with 2.0 gpa?

Sounds more like sour grapes 'cause you're a dumb poor kid who couldn't get in...
Got any stats to back up such a lame claim? I know rich (unspoiled) kids go to Arizona Universities and get great educations...and go on to be rich successful parents who send their kids to Arizona Universities. Thank God for bright motivated Americans ...
Since undocumented parents don't have much going on in the money or home environment area, I doubt their is a great tide of 3.0+ GPA 1st gen Mexican, Columbian, Guatemalan, etc children clogging up the enrollment offices at Arizona U's.
They should be enrolled at La Ciudad U anyway...

Racist Law?

How many people have actually read the law?
Furthermore, how many people have actually looked at Arizona's statistics?

If you get arrested in Arizona, you now have to prove you're a legal resident.
One trip to the statistics on crime in Arizona tells why.
Ironically, some of the people that are 100% for this law, are those who are legal immigrants!

In fact, this law has been pre-empted by federal mandates aimed at Arizona.
The US federal government has been pushing laws that put a huge, financial burden on the state.
I really don't think people recognize just what is going on in Arizona.

It's crap like this that makes states wonder why they are part of an union.
The state has legitimate gripes with Washington, and Washington does not want to pay for the mess they've help create.
So Arizona passes laws trying to deal with it, and that just gets demonized into racism.

People, stop and look at what's going on in the law and in the state!
Turn off the TV, and research the civics of what's going on, and not just one-sided/slanted research.

jod0565

Member, you member...
It will never end - oh by the by, where's the proof of the fact if Driving While Brown
will get you pulled over - I have yet to see a story on that.

This seems like one of those stories that you hear from the very small number of the most vocal people a lot but they never show the masses of people for each one of them that don't really care that much or at least not nearly enough to act on it.

This seems like one of those stories that you hear from the very small number of the most vocal people a lot but they never show the masses of people for each one of them that don't really care that much or at least not nearly enough to act on it.

Unfortunatly the most vocal are obviously the least educated.

Exactly my thoughts as well. THe fact is that the Feds were AWOL for decades, the state stepped up and answered a call from its citizens to do something about it, and "others" outside the state are trying to make it their business so they can profit from the mostly media-fabricated "us vs. them" issue. :rolleyes:

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Racist Law?

Ironically, some of the people that are 100% for this law, are those who are legal immigrants!

The US federal government has been pushing laws that put a huge, financial burden on the state.

The state has legitimate gripes with Washington, and Washington does not want to pay for the mess they've help create.
So Arizona passes laws trying to deal with it, and that just gets demonized into racism.

Turn off the TV, and research the civics of what's going on, and not just one-sided/slanted research.

It's amazing how brief and plainly written this law reads and the far left still has the temerity to distort it ! They don't care about what's contained in the bill, legislation or law. What's most important is that they're the first ones out of the gate to
A)establish their position B) control the court of public opinion and C) oppose any oposition.
Keith-o, huffyopolous, ACORN, The Joyce Foundation, Soro's Open Society Institute and ''mediamatters'', among others, will do their homework for them and give them their marching orders.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Racist Law?

It's amazing how brief and plainly written this law reads and the far left still has the temerity to distort it ! They don't care about what's contained in the bill, they just insist on being the first ones out of the gate to establish their position ahead of their opposition and control the court of public opinion.

Keith-o, huffyopolous, ACORN, The Joyce Foundation, Soro's Open Society Institute and ''mediamatters'', among others, will do their homework for them and give them their marching orders.

It does continue to amaze me ...

It does continue to amaze me how many people haven't read the law, and are getting 100% of their information from TV, assumption, fear and general, political alignment. Coincidentally some of them are part of the current, federal administration, and that's just sad.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: It does continue to amaze me ...

It does continue to amaze me how many people haven't read the law, and are getting 100% of their information from TV, assumption, fear and general, political alignment. Coincidentally some of them are part of the current, federal administration, and that's just sad.

America is a democracy they maintain . . .:1orglaugh