• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Students not happy like usual bout what they want

When students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas return to class after spring break next week, they'll be required to carry clear backpacks.

The move is meant to ramp up security measures after last month's deadly shooting in Parkland, Florida, and a series of breaches since.
"Clear backpacks are the only backpacks that will be permitted on campus," said Broward County School Superintendent Robert Runcie said in a letter sent to parents.
In addition to the new backpack policy, students and school staff will be required to wear IDs at all times while on campus.
The school district is weighing whether to use metal-detecting wands at Stoneman Douglas entrances, and could move to install permanent metal detectors in the future.

Also Monday, 18-year-old Zachary Cruz -- the adopted brother of the gunman Nikolas Cruz -- was arrested after he was found skateboarding on the campus. Cruz told police he wanted to "reflect on the school shooting and soak it in." He faces a misdemeanor trespassing charge.
Some students have said they're not happy with the changes.
Tyra Hemans, 19, a senior, told CNN she supports parts of the new policy, such as the ID requirement. But she believes other security measures, such as forcing students to carry clear backpacks, don't adequately address the real problem with school safety, which she says is lax gun laws.

"I'm not happy with it. Why are you punishing me for one person's actions?" she said. "We know what the root of the problem is," she said. "(Lawmakers) don't want to make the gun laws strong enough."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/marjory-stoneman-douglas-clear-backpack-trnd/index.html

Shut the fuck up. Why are you punishing law abiding citizens across the country with guns going on tv running your dumbass mouths about gun control, but not talking about the the FBI not doing shit that ended teachers and peers of yours lives? Why aren't on TV talking aboit Maryland shooter getting shot and killed preventing murders of teachers and students.

You had your voice and you got security details without need of more guns.

Now shut the fuck up.

This just struck a nerve. These students all fucking cocky and mouthy and now they're whining about privacy issues, not fair... it's the laws.

Guess what mumchkins! No such thing as privacy or private property on schoolgrounds!

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
School is a place to get an education and must be in a safe place at all times. Do what ever is possible immediately.

Be careful what you ask for kiddies, you may just get it.

This is nothing new. I have worked in places that had that same clear bag policy. Thank your school system for doing it's job in preparing you for the real world.

Sweetie, are you okay?

going after school-shooting victims, classy...

It's not going after. It's watching the inevitable happen. Ultimately they got what they wanted on a reasonable level for school security and they throw a fit because *gasp* security measures are being followed through and enforced! :eek:

Now it's not fair... we have privacy rights... why am I being punished for ONE person's actions!?

You breeders keep telling your offspring they are the greatest or the smartest and having them live thier lives in bubbles, convince them they have no flaws and this is what you end up with.
Angry, entitled, and sullen...,.
The future dims by the second.

bobjustbob

going after school-shooting victims, classy...

I see what you are saying but as I said above, clear backpacks are an immediate safeguard. This can be instrumented in a week. Legislation could take weeks into months. How do you feel about clear backpacks into schools? Invasion of privacy or security protection?

Hogg claimed that the decision by Democratic Broward County officials violated his "First Amendment rights" as he also cited potential embarrassment for students going through "their menstrual cycle" because of their "tampons and stuff."

"It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is," Hogg said.

"It has to be a clear backpack," Hogg continued. "What we should have is just more policies that make sure that these students are feeling safe and secure in their schools and not like they’re being fought against like it’s a prison.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2860...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

:facepalm:

Oh the irony...

I see what you are saying but as I said above, clear backpacks are an immediate safeguard. This can be instrumented in a week. Legislation could take weeks into months. How do you feel about clear backpacks into schools? Invasion of privacy or security protection?

I think mandatory clear backpacks is a violation of the 3rd Amendment. I know that, since the Patriot Act was passed, americans have given up standing for that but it's still in the US Constitution, look it up.
And why only targeting students, why not also requiring, teachers, board-members and even cleaning personel to have clear bags and briefcases ?

I could settle on this as a temporary measure (like 1 or 2 years, no more and no renewing) if we were 100% sure that comprehensive gun-control legislation would be passed and that the current legislation and this new legislation would be enforced zealously. But a new trampling over the 3rd amendment ? No way !

As I said, victims should not have face the legal consequences of what they've been through. They should be protected, not bullied .

Don't push for taking away rights of other people and turn around and get pissy when you have your rights taken away.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
I'm all for taking it a step further. Not only fuck the clear backpacks. I say fuck backpacks period. Quit being babies. Just STFU and carry your fucking books. Clear backs would only be a band-aid. You could still hide weapons in there. C'mon! How many books can you possibly have? I've seen way too many backpacks now the size of a freakin' car engine or a mini closet! :shock:

The way I see it ... students themselves AND school officials also must share the blame for how things are nowadays. I've been hearing from various people in the trenches, including one of my sisters who does substitute teaching ... that nowadays students rule the schools! I don't know at what point, what year or what decade this came about, but apparently students now have all the power. From what I hear, nowadays neither teachers, (much less substitute teachers) nor school officials can tell students what to do or not do. Students cannot be told to shut up, sit down, do your work, put away your phone ... much less actually take away their phone. Apparently nowadays students have no qualms about tearing the teachers a new one if the teacher dares to try to discipline the student, or even just say something the student didn't care for.

I understand that teachers and school officials have become weak, spineless, powerless pushovers walked all over by students. I don't know who made the initial move years ago, but apparently on the extreme least, collectively students and school officials have allowed a THUG culture to develop in schools. Now the genie is out of the bottle and pretty much anything goes. The teachers or school officials dare try to get the out of line students back in line and the students' parents will be all over the teachers and school officials. Very quickly any little discipline issue can quickly unravel into a threat of a lawsuit or accusation of harassment or discrimination, Etc. So students are basically allowed to do as they please.

Granted I'm not saying 100% of the students are now of this riffraff mentality, but from what I've been hearing, the well-behaved students are in the minority. Students get away with wayyyyy too much shit nowadays. Whoever at whatever highest level up the ladder of the education system is looking the other way and allowing this to happen needs to grow some balls and get back control of the schools AND of the students.

Yes, of course the assault weapons are also in the equation. But, look in the mirror first before pointing fingers.

bobjustbob

As I have said above, clear backpacks and purses are already a policy in many workplaces. So is search in and out. This violation of student's privacy is just shit. What do students need to carry into school that needs to be kept private? Tampons? Put them in your pocket.

Chuck, correct me if I'm wrong. Do schools still have lockers? They did when I went to school. Books and coats and lunches were stored in there. So, what is the need for a backpack? Sure it's convenient but is it at all necessary?

Back when I was in high schoolmajority of students had a great routine involving backpack/locker strategy to save pur backs and our backpacks from ripping and tearing. We only really used our backpacks for what we were taking home. Some used their backpacks all throughout the day and just switched out between oone or every other class.

All this piss poor excuse of high school diatribes is trying to hit every angle until get back on ban guns topic. And they won't stop their temper tantrums until the subject is changed.

Also, couple months from now is end of school year. What will the boredom of summer bring upon us?

bobjustbob

Also, couple months from now is end of school year. What will the boredom of summer bring upon us?

They will get summer jobs and... what the fuck am I thinking ... this is 2018. Snowflakes will be on their phones and PlayStations.

As I have said before, 18-21yo are the fewest of the voting demographics. Kids, turn 18 and register to vote. Get your asses to the place for you to vote. My bet? More of the same. Kiddies don't vote. Kiddies will still stomp their feet and have their crying fits. Fuck them and the horses they ride on.

Kids can try and change the world when its their turn until that time please shut the fuck up.

Chose not to make kids for many reasons one of which is not putting up with their shit.
got my own shit DO NOT need theirs....

As I have said above, clear backpacks and purses are already a policy in many workplaces. So is search in and out. This violation of student's privacy is just shit. What do students need to carry into school that needs to be kept private? Tampons? Put them in your pocket.
As long as you've got nothing to hide, you'ge got nothing to fear, the classic argument used by people who want to rip off people's civil liberty.
As I said in a previous post, you should read the 3rd Amendment, instead of quite reading the after the 2nd

As I have said before, 18-21yo are the fewest of the voting demographics. Kids, turn 18 and register to vote. Get your asses to the place for you to vote. My bet? More of the same. Kiddies don't vote. Kiddies will still stomp their feet and have their crying fits. Fuck them and the horses they ride on.
A lot of young voters actually did vote in the Democratic primaries and they will go back to the voting both in November if the Democrat candidates are real progressives, not establishment democrats.
And a lot of them will vote in 2020 if someone like Bernie or Elisabeth Warren is the democratic candidate, particulary if Trump or Pence is the GOP candidate.

They will get summer jobs and... what the fuck am I thinking ... this is 2018. Snowflakes will be on their phones and PlayStations.
How do you think they manage to pay for their phones and their PlayStations ?