• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Star Wars - The Force Unleashed II

I dont see a thread for the sequel, so having completed it twice in two days i thought I would start one and share my views on what Ive found.

Given the grand scale of the first one and broad tangent into the depths of the Star Wars universe that the first game brought us, after completing this game it cant help but feel like a huge disapointment how little this game offers us.

The story doesnt really expand beyond what the teasers have offered us in way of nibbles at the story. I wont expand on those here for the spoiler quality, but dont expect to be particularly taken aback by anything that unfolds. Needless to say, I was left very much wanting!

Game play is good, smooth and graphically beautiful. All the familiar things you expect to see are there and developing starkillers skill set is not quite as mundane as its predecessor. Having two light sabres, both of which you can customise to your fighting skill is a really nice touch. Loading times are alot lower as well, simply changing light sabre colour in the first game took a few more minutes than it should have, you can change crystals mid fight and still be back into play before the sweat on your thumbs has had chance to dry!

Achievements are nicely spread if not stupid in some regards, there arent any bosses that encourage the same level of frustration as before. In fact the few bosses you do fight are nicely formulaeic and easily beaten if you just take your time. A nice change over the unrealistically difficult bosses of last time.

We have as usual our double sided ending, light side and dark side. Not alluding to story points, but....sequel! So watch out for that probably next year.

A playthrough time of 5 hours (thats on easy and same again on medium) is possibly the biggest disapointment of the game. Its set in three locations which seem to have been intentionally set on a grand scale to simply stretch the game out. Its a shame that some of the skills you have are limited in effectiveness to maybe one or two specific enemies (if you are lucky!).

What I thought to be a mid level boss turned out to to be the actual end battle and it was needlessly time consuming, with very frustrating check points through it. Checkpoints are much better and as said, the loading time means any stupid mistakes are not quickly forgotten since you are back in play very quickly.

A game which had huge potential falls sadly short of the high mark we gave it, to short, a little to easy and the plot line which grabs our attention but then leaves us hanging with our mouths open wondering why the fuck the credits are roling so soon.

Unless you are a hardcore star wars fan, this one is probably more of a rental. As much a fan as I am, Im regretting the £36 this one cost me given I bought it friday night and here I am saturday night having finished it twice and working full time hours in the mix.

I dont see a thread for the sequel, so having completed it twice in two days i thought I would start one and share my views on what Ive found.

As soon as you said that,I knew that it wouldn't be that good.I read somewhere that it is the biggest disappointment of 2010.

As soon as you said that,I knew that it wouldn't be that good.I read somewhere that it is the biggest disappointment of 2010.

That's funny, I read that about Medal of Honor!

I'll probably just pick up the book rather than the game this time. The book for the first game was pretty good and had expanded information. I'm just hoping that after they made such a big deal that the first game was canon with the movies, Force Unleashed II doesn't shoot all that to hell.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Ah man! I had such hopes for this game...

Given the grand scale of the first one and broad tangent into the depths of the Star Wars universe that the first game brought us, after completing this game it cant help but feel like a huge disapointment how little this game offers us.

The story doesnt really expand beyond what the teasers have offered us in way of nibbles at the story. I wont expand on those here for the spoiler quality, but dont expect to be particularly taken aback by anything that unfolds. Needless to say, I was left very much wanting!

Game play is good, smooth and graphically beautiful. All the familiar things you expect to see are there and developing starkillers skill set is not quite as mundane as its predecessor. Having two light sabres, both of which you can customise to your fighting skill is a really nice touch. Loading times are alot lower as well, simply changing light sabre colour in the first game took a few more minutes than it should have, you can change crystals mid fight and still be back into play before the sweat on your thumbs has had chance to dry!

Achievements are nicely spread if not stupid in some regards, there arent any bosses that encourage the same level of frustration as before. In fact the few bosses you do fight are nicely formulaeic and easily beaten if you just take your time. A nice change over the unrealistically difficult bosses of last time.

We have as usual our double sided ending, light side and dark side. Not alluding to story points, but....sequel! So watch out for that probably next year.

A playthrough time of 5 hours (thats on easy and same again on medium) is possibly the biggest disapointment of the game. Its set in three locations which seem to have been intentionally set on a grand scale to simply stretch the game out. Its a shame that some of the skills you have are limited in effectiveness to maybe one or two specific enemies (if you are lucky!).

What I thought to be a mid level boss turned out to to be the actual end battle and it was needlessly time consuming, with very frustrating check points through it. Checkpoints are much better and as said, the loading time means any stupid mistakes are not quickly forgotten since you are back in play very quickly.

A game which had huge potential falls sadly short of the high mark we gave it, to short, a little to easy and the plot line which grabs our attention but then leaves us hanging with our mouths open wondering why the fuck the credits are roling so soon.

Unless you are a hardcore star wars fan, this one is probably more of a rental. As much a fan as I am, Im regretting the £36 this one cost me given I bought it friday night and here I am saturday night having finished it twice and working full time hours in the mix.

I pretty much agree with every point of this from my experience so far.

Was going to get a copy until the reviews started coming out...this was nothing but a money grab from the studios...and chances are TFU II is going to stop selling pretty quickly or TFU III will fall flat on its ass.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I'm glad it was a short game as it got repetitive by the time I was done with the first level. The things you start off with are pretty much what you have through the end of the game.

good thing i spent money on this game :surprise:
but i am a star wars geek but i dont think a geek as big as i think i am,you guys are talking about books and how the stories are better. i never ever got into the star wars books so maybe this game is ok for me.
ill play it and then let it sit collecting dust for 2 months before trading it in like i did the previous one.
thanks for the review/heads up DOA :thumbsup:

As a fan of the Star Wars Extended Universe I think both of the Force Unleashed games sucked plot wise myself, and the characters sucked. Starkiller was a joke and I can't take him seriously. We got them along with the abomination that will be the upcoming The Old Republic MMO, but for some reason the powers that be never felt like making Knights of the Old Republic III, which people actually would want and would probably be a good game. Even if they just made a general video game for casual fans I would have even settled for something like the continuation of the old Jedi Outcast games. It's a good thing Star Wars has such a fanatical fan base because more often than not for the last decade or so everybody involved with anything having to do with Lucas Arts, Lucas Licensing, or Del Ray have been idiots or have been greedy enough to milk once good things for all they have been worth and ruining them.:facepalm:

About the only good things to come from Star Wars during that time were the KotOR games (which are not going to be continued in all likelihood and will probably and that whole section in Star Wars history will be screwed over by the MMO) and two comic books series. (Which they have already been canceled.)

Clayrabeau

Official Checked Star Member
Frankly, while the commercials look awesome, I'm hesitant to spend $60 on a game that won't take more than a week to beat any more. The first one was just okay, and after last year's Arkham Asylum the bar is still pretty high. Maybe I'll spend the time playing Dragon Age again...

i still havent touched this game yet. im busy with Fallout:vegas and Red Dead:undead nightmare

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
i still havent touched this game yet. im busy with Fallout:vegas and Red Dead:undead nightmare

Your gonna have a whole lot of fun with vegas! I promise you that :glugglug:

Waste of money, and a massive disappointment as well. I was really looking forward to this game, and after all the waiting 6 hours of gameplay ( you got to be fucking kidding me ) the only effort you need to make are with the challenges, which have nothing to do with the game or the storyline......Don't even get me started on that!!!

Don't get me wrong the graphics are pretty good but that's it, everything else was very poor.

As a Star Wars fan I played the first and of course picked up the this one. Like everyone else here the load time and graphics were faster, the only drawback was how short it was and story could have been thoughot out more than it was. A third game is possible hopefully the story and over all game time will be better. A buy for hardcore fans, who already bought it. A rent for those who have not.

I have to say I completed it and I thought it was good. The graphics are great and the gameplay is as good as the first one. The only thing I didn't like is that it's way too short and the story is not the best ever. I give it 8/10.