• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Spiderman vs the amazing spiderman

Which was better

• spiderman

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • amazing spiderman

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I liked both equally

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • they both sucked

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
What is the difference between them and which do you find was better in the films? I personally liked the amazing spiderman better due to the effects and costume. Looking forward to the sequel neat easter time.

One of the most unnecessary reboots ever. The modern Spiderman movie is a little over a decade old and was a good telling of the story.
I wish all the marvel titles were with Disney so we can get a united universe.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Personally I prefer the newer ones, as I think the actor they chose for Spiderman is a lot better (was never a fan of Tobey Maquire) and I really like Emma Stone. Plus I thought it was just shot much better. There's tons of people who will disagree, which is fine, and seeing as I never read the comics, my opinion will of course be different from those who are avid Spiderman fans.

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
i've liked both but a have a preference for the first (with Tobey Maquire & the lovely Kirsten Dunst :drool2:)

One of the most unnecessary reboots ever.
i agree, i got a theory on that reboot maybe marvel would put spiderman in next avengers movie but Tobey won't playin' spiderman again
so they re-start the movie for not shocked too much the spiderman fans :dunno:

i forgot Aunt May is alot hotter in the re-boot :rubbel:

Last edited:
Game of two halves for me. Maguire was a better Peter Parker but I preferred Garfield as the wise-cracking Spiderman. "Amazing" was probably ever so slightly a better film overall and I did like Emma Stone's portrayal of Gwen Stacy, but the first one picks up points because I prefer the Green Goblin as Spidey's nemesis over anyone else. So I probably couldn't pick between them.

Ask me which is the better franchise after I see Amazing 2 and I'll probably have an answer one way or another. Spiderman 2 was a sensational film if you like comic adaptations like I do.

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
At first I thought it was dumb to reboot the franchise because they had just done Spider-Man movies. But after seeing the Amazing Spiderman I think it is such a better movie. Andrew Garfield is a way more convincing Peter Parker/Spiderman. Emma Stone is one of my favorite actresses and I enjoy watching her way more than Kirsten Dunst. And the scene when uncle ben dies in the Amazing Spiderman was filmed much better, I actually teared up a little when I watched it.

Yeah I thought the reboot was odd at the time but I definitely like The Amazing Spiderman better. Tobey Maguire came across as too much of a goof.
And the web shooters in Amazing made more sense than the webs literally coming out of the wrists in Tobey's version. Besides, if you were to take on a spider's natural ability to shoot webs wouldn't they come out of somewhere else?

I have some issues with, but like, both.

I prefer the cast in Amazing, but in some ways didn't like the writing as much. Hated the suit in Amazing, and glad they're changing it for ASM2 (and from what I've seen of the ASM2 suit, I prefer it to the one Maguire wore). Definitely looking forward to the ASM sequal, and hope it's as much of an improvement on the first as I think the Maguire version's sequel was.

Not a big fan of the new ones. I think Spider-Man was the better.The big problem for me was the Amazing Spider-Man was emo Peter Parker. Spider-Man was nerd Peter. I prefer nerd Peter.

I liked The Amazing Spider-man better, but it looks like they are going the route of Spider-man 3 with The Amazing Spider-man 2. Too many villains and characters. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

vanlee1

IMAGINE
Not a big fan of the new ones. I think Spider-Man was the better.The big problem for me was the Amazing Spider-Man was emo Peter Parker. Spider-Man was nerd Peter. I prefer nerd Peter.
+1, at this point. Let's see if they change my mind with the new movies.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
WOW! A million thanks for that Kirsten Dunst Wet Juicy Rack GIF, Hardcore69! :partysml: My favorite scene in Spiderman. :rubbel: :D

I haven't seen The Amazing Spiderman, but I'm convinced that Kirsten Dunst's delicious Wet Rack scene alone gives the win to Spiderman. :yesyes: :thumbsup:

At this point it almost has to be rebooted every so often. Sony and not Marvel holds the rights to make Spiderman films due to agreements made before Disney bought Marvel and if Sony don't put out a new movie every few years pretty much no matter what the rights will go back to Disney. They way movie studios think today they don't do anything creative and they think their audience is stupid so reboots are easier, and it's only going to be more so in there minds when a studio is forced to make a new movie every three or so years whether they would like to or not.

So how did people think of amazing spiderman 2 then? I loved it

edit - I have removed the MASSIVE SPOILER that you thoughtlessly put in, for people that haven't seen the film yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask me which is the better franchise after I see Amazing 2 and I'll probably have an answer one way or another. Spiderman 2 was a sensational film if you like comic adaptations like I do.

Welllll........ Amazing 2 was a superb film and it easily held up to the high water mark of Spiderman 2, even if it didn't have an actor with the gravitas of Alfred MoLina In a major role. Sally Fields did a great job adding pathos to Aunt May's scenes, mind. Overall comparing the two "Amazing" films to the first two Maguire films.... I can imagine watching the Amazings more often.

That said, as good a job as Garfield does as Spiderman (better than the first Amazing, I think), I still don't care for the way that, not so much he portrays Peter Parker so much as the writers have written Peter Parker. The geek that is Peter Parker WOULD NOT snog Gwen Stacy in front of their whole graduation class. That was ludicrous. I think the re-imagining has gone way too far in trying to make Peter Parker sexy.

But that's probably just the jealous nerd in me speaking.

Welllll........ Amazing 2 was a superb film and it easily held up to the high water mark of Spiderman 2, even if it didn't have an actor with the gravitas of Alfred MoLina In a major role. Sally Fields did a great job adding pathos to Aunt May's scenes, mind. Overall comparing the two "Amazing" films to the first two Maguire films.... I can imagine watching the Amazings more often.

That said, as good a job as Garfield does as Spiderman (better than the first Amazing, I think), I still don't care for the way that, not so much he portrays Peter Parker so much as the writers have written Peter Parker. The geek that is Peter Parker WOULD NOT snog Gwen Stacy in front of their whole graduation class. That was ludicrous. I think the re-imagining has gone way too far in trying to make Peter Parker sexy.

But that's probably just the jealous nerd in me speaking.

ready for the new xmen film?

Yes. I have enjoyed all the X-Men films to various degrees and Days of Future Past will be no exception. Fassbender impressed me in First Class, J-Lawro is excellent, the set piece battles will be great fun. The opening scene featuring Bishop, Kitty, Colossus, Sunspot and others facing sentinels has leaked onto YouTube. I watched it, I wish I hadn't, because it makes the film look great, and it wasn't enough.

Philbert

Banned
Yeah I thought the reboot was odd at the time but I definitely like The Amazing Spiderman better. Tobey Maguire came across as too much of a goof.
And the web shooters in Amazing made more sense than the webs literally coming out of the wrists in Tobey's version. Besides, if you were to take on a spider's natural ability to shoot webs wouldn't they come out of somewhere else?

The web thing was never a Spider gift, Peter had to come up with web fluid and shooters.
(I have many Spiderman comics in my collection, I once had the origins editions of Spidey but don't think I got'em now...
I don't remember them being biological in the first three Spidey movies with Tobey.)
Harley and I are diametrically opposed in some things, but I agree with liking the new Amazing Spidey better...and Emma seems more like Gwen Stacy, even though Mary Jane was his best GF and she ain't in these films.
Doc Ock was as good a villain as The Goblin, but his story isn't as soap opera and doesn't have Willem Dafoe involved...always a plus.

Mayhem

Banned
IMO Toby will always be the definitive Peter Parker. But if they're going to reboot this quick, I'm glad that they gave us someone completely different.

BTW, haven't seen Amazing 2 yet, so thanx for killing the spoilers.

Spiderman 3 was mentioned (emo Parker), and I agree. But 3rd movies in any franchise seem to suck, so I wasnt surprised that this one did too.

And I liked the naturally occuring web thing. As a kid watching the cartoon I always thought: why not just give him that power too? And how does a high school kid with a bench of test tubes figure this out when no one else has?

The web thing was never a Spider gift, Peter had to come up with web fluid and shooters.
(I have many Spiderman comics in my collection, I once had the origins editions of Spidey but don't think I got'em now...
I don't remember them being biological in the first three Spidey movies with Tobey.)