• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Spider Man 3

they gotta get scarlet johansen as felicia hardy

For all of those who thought this was a good movie,read this.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32538
It hits it right on the head.A completely acurate review,IMO.

That seems like a pretty fair review. I'd still say that it was a good movie though, and I don't think that reviewer was fair in describing the Peter/Mary Jane relationship in regards to her jealousy of his rising fame as her fame is faltering.

It was an overall decent movie, but I hated what they did to Venom. I mean, he was badass and everything, but he didn't even call himself Venom! The one line that would have made me completely support the movie wasn't in it, and I can't tell you all how much I wanted to hear a "WE ARE VENOM!" or at least something about eating Parker's brains.....

I just saw it today. I thought it was pretty good overall. The fight scenes were pretty damn good.

SPOILERS

I really can't believe that Venom went out so easily. I would hope that he'd be back in a future sequel since so many people wanted so badly to see him in these movies, and once he appears, both his appearance, and demise were so anti-climactic. A lot of the cgi effects with the Sandman were prett cheesey looking too, but not so bad that I couldn't go with it.

I also thought it was pretty lame the way Peter and Harry made up, and end up fighting together in the end. But, it's pretty obvious that Harry needed to die so that they could end this "revenge" storyline, and I guess this was really the only way to do it because Spiderman can't kill anybody. That would go against his character as they've built it.

spoilers ahead

Yeah but he pretty much killed the guy that killed Uncle Ben in the first movie and he thought he killed the Sandman so psychologically he's basically a murderer.

Anyway, I'm 99% sure that Venom will be back in another film. Venom is arguably the most liked villan and it's not possible for them to give him such a crappy role. If they didn't plan on giving Venom another sequel before this movie, then they certainly are now.

The relationship plot was lame. Harry and MJ dancing while cooking? Peter dancing at a jazz club? Jesus, all we wanted was sweet action (not the sexy kind, Kirsten isn't that hot) and not some sorry-ass script about Harry and Peter's friendship or Peter wanting to propose to Mary-Jane.

This is one of those movies that you see and forget as soon as you get out of the cinema. I don't remember a single event that will make me want to see it again (maybe except the Peter - Harry fight at the beginning).

i wont be seeing it for at least a couple of weeks. i hate crowded theaters.

I hate the lines, getting bad seats. I too hate them crowds. I just watched the movie yesterday and found it somewhat boring.

As I have stated before......when people want nothing but action, they get it and complain about no story, they get a story and character development and complain there isn't enough action.....like it or not, character development is essential to most movies, the film makers want to give you characters you care about, ok maybe some of us don't care about that, but most of the moviegoing public want to have characters to care about or else what is the point, to have mindless action and not give a damn who is the victor? Kind of makes the action pointless. Just my:2 cents:

It was an overall decent movie, but I hated what they did to Venom. I mean, he was badass and everything, but he didn't even call himself Venom! The one line that would have made me completely support the movie wasn't in it, and I can't tell you all how much I wanted to hear a "WE ARE VENOM!" or at least something about eating Parker's brains.....

Yeah, I realized that the name Venom was never utterred once in the movie while I was thinking about it last night.

spoilers ahead

Yeah but he pretty much killed the guy that killed Uncle Ben in the first movie and he thought he killed the Sandman so psychologically he's basically a murderer.

SPOILERS

No, go back and watch the scene with the car jacker, and Peter again. They intentionally cut to him tripping over an exposed pipe, and falling out the window so that Spiderman would not become a killer. It was pretty obvious that they did this too. As far as the Sandman, that was the black suit that made him do that, and take pleasure in it. That was the entire point of the scene with Peter and aunt May after, was her pointing out to Peter that Spiderman is not a killer, thereby allowing him to realize that he wasn't himself when wearing the black suit.

since when does spiderman not kill people? well yeah, the comic has always been more kid freindly and I don't recall him ever killing anyone, but then he's never made some grandios statement about how he is opposed to it... there's allready a vengeful moralist superhero, he's called Batman. once again Stan Lee rips off :ban:

since when does spiderman not kill people?
We are talking about in the context of the movie. If you haven't gotten that from watching...well, I don't know how you couldn't have.

As I said about the car jacker, there was an obvious cut to his foot so that we could see him trip and fall to his death. Spiderman didn't touch him. He didn't kill the Green Goblin, he just moved out of the way of the glider when the Goblin tried to kill him, and it hit the Goblin instead. He didn't Kill Doc Oc. Oc sacrificed himself to try to stop his invention from getting out of control again. And, if anyone noticed, there was a copy of the Daily Bugle behind Jameson's desk that said "Doc Oc Still at Large".

SPOILERS

He didn't kill Eddie Brock intentionally. He tried to save Eddie by pulling him away from the symbiote before he tried to destroy it. If Eddie got killed, it's because he tried to jump back into the symbiote as that goblin grenade went off, not because Spiderman tried to kill him.

He thought that he killed the Sandman, and he appeared to take pleasure in it, but that was used as a device in the movie to show that the black suit was changing him, and as we saw, in the end, that he didn't kill Sandman.

Now someone could say that, technically, he's a killer because he thought that he killed Sandman, but that's missing the point of the story, and the dramatic device that's at work in the films.

but then he's never made some grandios statement about how he is opposed to it...
No, he hasn't made that statement. It was aunt May that made that statement in this movie.

I haven't seen the third movie. But no, I didn't get that from the other two. I guess I am just off base assuming that 30+ years of spiderman history would have some basis on the films, but obviously the people that made it don't feel the same way.

As I have stated before......when people want nothing but action, they get it and complain about no story, they get a story and character development and complain there isn't enough action.....like it or not, character development is essential to most movies, the film makers want to give you characters you care about, ok maybe some of us don't care about that, but most of the moviegoing public want to have characters to care about or else what is the point, to have mindless action and not give a damn who is the victor? Kind of makes the action pointless. Just my:2 cents:

I think that you are missing the point.I don't think that anyone wanted nothing but action.The fact is that the story was lame as hell with few and far between action sequences that were pretty cool.I think that it would have been better if the creators focused more on the villians instead of Peter and Mary Jane's jealousy towards his popularity and Harry's amnesia.I understand that in screenwriting you want to have characters that the audience connects with,so how come they didn't use that tool more on the Sandman and make him a sympathetic villian?That would have been better as the main story instead of this shit with MJ.And they painted themselves into a corner with the way they ended the second movie,forcing the issue with Harry,which they could and should have used that as a plot devise for the forth film.

Unfortunately I am afraid that this franchise is headed in the same direction as the Batman franchise that Schumacher pulled his pants down and took a steaming shit on.

Unfortunately I am afraid that this franchise is headed in the same direction as the Batman franchise that Schumacher pulled his pants down and took a steaming shit on.

impossible.
i think that everbody was so wanting venom and was finally dissappointed by what was a short story(turned into a ridiculous character[not in the movie] , which was one of the reasons i stopped reading in the 1st place) and wanted much more than there ever was.
it's my opinion that venom should have never even been introduced yet(aegis, excellent post)
and to compare spider-man to batman is ridiculous in th 1st place.
to compare the franchises, even more ridiculous.
again, i'm a hardcore fan and am not disappointed.

and btw, there was plenty of action. anybody who wanted more, obviously never saw an action movie, and if they did and still complain, obviolsly never read spider-man.

i prefer spiderman 2 then 3... a little boring... i was so sleepy in the cinema... but the fighting scene is great.

I think that you are missing the point.I don't think that anyone wanted nothing but action.The fact is that the story was lame as hell with few and far between action sequences that were pretty cool.I think that it would have been better if the creators focused more on the villians instead of Peter and Mary Jane's jealousy towards his popularity and Harry's amnesia.I understand that in screenwriting you want to have characters that the audience connects with,so how come they didn't use that tool more on the Sandman and make him a sympathetic villian?That would have been better as the main story instead of this shit with MJ.And they painted themselves into a corner with the way they ended the second movie,forcing the issue with Harry,which they could and should have used that as a plot devise for the forth film.

Just like I said boring...I guess that they were aiming for an Oscar Award..lol just like X men 3 another dissapointment and those are my :2 cents:

Competition Time!

Rep points to anyone else who spots the bottle of Jagermeister somewhere in this movie... :D
In the bar where M.J. worked, right? I seem to recall a good selection of bottles there.

Right behind her in a scene where she's talking to Peter. Or perhaps I'm just way off.:tongue:

MRPIMPN4EVA

Banned
They need to bring in Todd McFarlane if they ever do another movie. His Spidey comics were some of the most graphic ever. I thought Spidey had actually killed Harry when he threw that goblin grenade at him. LOL@ dude sayin Harry wouldnt have gotten pussy wit his face fucked up. Dude was a multimillionaire, he still woulda got hella poon. Basically the only thing that killed the movie for me was the softness. Too much emoness. 300>>>>>>SP3.