• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

so, like.......the world ends November 8th

filament_trace_big.gif

In Five Days the World Could End (As You Know It)

http://technorati.com/technology/article/in-five-days-the-world-could/

Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity 5 November 2011
IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be
moderate but with a slight chance for major flare activity (M5 or
higher). In addition, as Region 1339 rotates closer to central
meridian there will also be a slight chance for a proton producing
event.
http://www.space.com/13517-giant-sunspot-unleashes-massive-solar-flare.html
A powerful solar flare that erupted Thursday (Nov. 3) from a huge blemish on the sun's surface has been classified as an X1.9 flare, ranking it in among the most powerful types of storms from our star can unleash.

The flare originated in a humongous sunspot that was sighted earlier this week, which ranks as one of the largest sunspots seen in years. The event began at 4:27 p.m. ET (2027 GMT).

The flare "triggered some disruption to radio communications on Earth beginning about 45 minutes later," NASA officials wrote in a statement. "Scientists are continuing to watch this active region as it could well produce additional solar activity as it passes across the front of the sun."

NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory and twin Stereo sun-watching spacecraft snapped photos and video of the huge solar flare during solar storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2011/11/07/2003517700
People in Taiwan will be able to view the movement of a huge group of sunspots every day before Monday next week, the Taipei Astronomical Museum said, warning that people must take precautions to avoid damaging their eyes.

The museum said the area of the sun covered by the sunspots, which was identified as Active Region 1339 by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, was 33 times the size of the surface area of the Earth on Friday, the largest sunspot group recorded since January 2005.

The museum said in a statement that the sunspot group had a complicated magnetic structure and had generated several strong flares since they first appeared, adding that those residing in high-latitude areas would be able to spot the flares as well.

Those keen on observing the sunspots must install solar filters on their binoculars to avoid damaging their eyes, the museum said, adding that those who do not have such equipment can view them through the facilities provided by the museum, which are available for use between 10am and 12pm and between 2pm and 4pm from Tuesday to Sunday.

The museum added that the asteroid 2005 YU55 will be closest to Earth tomorrow and Wednesday. Those interested in tracking the path of the asteroid can do so by watching it through a telescope or by using long--exposure photography, it said. The asteroid has a diameter of approximately 400m, it said.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/solar-cycle/solar-superstorm-1859-it-can-happen-again/
Solar SuperStorm 1859 – It could happen again
united-states-electrical-power-grid.jpg

Today, the problem begins with the electric power grid, the essential conduit carrying the life blood of nearly all services and infrastructure that our modern society depends upon.

The way in which the grid is built in the United States (similarly elsewhere), lines stretched out overhead at distances spanning and crisscrossing nearly 200,000 miles, it acts as a giant vulnerable antenna which would easily pick up the electrical currents induced by a geomagnetic solar storm which could potentially create widespread or catastrophic problems.

The electrical currents can surge, melt, and destroy the copper windings of transformers, which are the essential interconnecting links distributed all over the grid. To make matters even more vulnerable, the utility companies have interconnected their grids together, enabling long distance distribution and control of supply and demand.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Perfectly logical reasoning there.

RealMenSwallow

Closed Account
Had Earthquakes here in Oklahoma two days ago and yesterday. Worst one since the '50's. I'd totally believe it if the world ends Tuesday.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Again?

This planet will probably still be around, even if we won't...not that that's any consolation.

bahodeme

Closed Account
I guess if someone continues to pick date after date, they will eventually be correct.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Hope so. Then I won't have to go to work ...

If this be true we would have heard something of it on TV or on News sites across the net. Even on the almighty Yahoo! News lol. But this thread is the only bit I've noticed it. So I'm putting it down to a load of old hogwash!. Game Center had better hope the world will end tomorrow if my copy of Modern Warfare 3 isn't in when I go in for it tomorrow.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Since it is my father's birthday tomorrow who could ask for a better gift.