• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Snl

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
180pxcowbell28dp.gif

Saw elsewhere that it's rumoured Will Ferrell is leaving SNL after the season finale May 18th.

I haven't seen SNL in a longtime - but considering that most (if not all) of Ferrell movies stink (imo), is that a good move on Ferrell's part? Or was he pushed?

PS: How good is Ferrell on SNL, anyway?

:dunno:

Re: Will Ferrell Leaving SNL

I thought he had already left the show...I'm sorry to say but i cant stand him...horrible actor NOT funny...I have no idea how this man has a career in comedy:2 cents:

Aw c'mon, Will Ferrell's not that bad! He was great in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and he cracked me up in Zoolander. Ok, so maybe he's a little eccentric for some, but I'm a fan :)

Why go through the weekly grind once you've become a household name with a smash movie like Elf? I never saw it, but people say it's hilarious.

He'll probably have a dartboard career of hits and misses, but he's probably got enough money and Hollywood comic clout to stop doing the weekly stuff. That one hour of TV, live, per week takes hours and hours of prep and rehearsal, consultations with the writers, etc. It's a full-time gig.

member987

Closed Account

I have not watched SNL live in a looong time, but the re-runs with him usually make me laugh. I've always enjoyed his comedy! :thumbsup:

Have you guys been asleep for 3 years? I believe he left in 2003.
Who the hell told you he was leaving on May 18? And whoever they are, tell them to put the crack pipe down.

BTW, His movies are pretty hilarious!!

om3ga

Re: Will Ferrell HAS left SNL (D'oh!)

RoyMunson said:
Have you guys been asleep for 3 years? I believe he left in 2003.
Who the hell told you he was leaving on May 18? And whoever they are, tell them to put the crack pipe down.

BTW, His movies are pretty hilarious!!

Thanks for the update (just repped you, btw) - it was in a debate about his movies. I'll advise them later to stay away from the wacky baccy....:D

Like I said I've not seen SNL in a looong time (it's not over here in the UK and I haven't looked for any DVDs), so I couldn't tell if the story was true or not, and took it at face value without checking deeper (what really peeves me that it's all in wikipedia - and all I did was copy the animated gif).

It could be they got confused with his return to Saturday Night Live as a guest host on May 14, 2005). Whatever the reason, case closed.

(re: his movies. Lets say I found Anchorman and his "Federal Wildlife Marshal Willenholly" role on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back...painful)

member987

Closed Account

After you stated that Peal Jam was on SNL, I turned it on. I saw Pearl Jam perform two songs. I originally thought Pearl Jam was the third best thing out of the Seattle scene behind AIC and Soundgarden. Tonight Pearl Jam proved to me on SNL that they are not very good live. Just my .02.

Lindsay Lohan looked very nice!!

om3ga

Re: SNL

Sorry about the erroneous thread - hope the following makes up for it:

SNL - King Tut

When he was on I thought Will Ferrell was pretty much the only redeeming thing about SNL. I couldn't stand the other cast and I have not liked the show since Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, and the others left a long time ago.

Could it possibly be Will Forte (sp?) that's leaving? He's the guy that does Bush now. God his Bush impersonation is terrible! I don't watch SNL anymore. I've tried off and on, but there isn't even anything that makes me crack a smile anymore.

om3ga

Big P13 said:
Could it possibly be Will Forte (sp?) that's leaving? He's the guy that does Bush now. God his Bush impersonation is terrible! I don't watch SNL anymore. I've tried off and on, but there isn't even anything that makes me crack a smile anymore.

Don't worry Big P13, it was crap info about Will Ferrell's "retirement" from SNL (a few years too late, as it turns out).......:o

Yeah, Ferreli's been gone for a while. What's with all the hating though?

I personally thought he did a great job on SNL, and was the last really funny cast member. Darryl Hammond has his moments now, but only because he does impersonations (his Trump and Clinton kill me!).

As for his acting career, it's shaky. I thought Anchorman was great, Elf was pretty good. Apparently Ferrel is commanding the big bucks in Hollywood, although he's nothing more than a comedic actor.

SNL has been down a slippery slope for a while. Hopefully guys like Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis(sp?) can bring the show back to the good times!

FYI, I love the sig Om3ga! Beyonce is my queen!

om3ga

Black Star said:
Yeah, Ferreli's been gone for a while. What's with all the hating though?

I personally thought he did a great job on SNL, and was the last really funny cast member. Darryl Hammond has his moments now, but only because he does impersonations (his Trump and Clinton kill me!).

As for his acting career, it's shaky. I thought Anchorman was great, Elf was pretty good. Apparently Ferrel is commanding the big bucks in Hollywood, although he's nothing more than a comedic actor.

SNL has been down a slippery slope for a while. Hopefully guys like Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis(sp?) can bring the show back to the good times!

FYI, I love the sig Om3ga! Beyonce is my queen!

The sig was originally used for another forum (now closed) - I thought it was too good to waste and I also saved a variation for my blog.

As for Ferrell - I never saw him on SNL and I just haven't liked his movies to date.
One of the PPV Movie channels is currently showing Bewitched, so I might give that a go (but from what I've heard, that's not exactly one of his best either).

Mad TV throws me into fits of laughter. They're newer, hungrier, and more ambitious. SNL has become an institution of sorts, a comedic "movie grooming" show. The folks at Mad TV are far more fresh and creative. My :2 cents:

Will Ferrell's George W. Bush impression was the best of all of them and freakin' hilarious to boot. He was the best of his class, imho. He was basically the new Phil Hartman when he came aboard. Both those guys were the utility sketch guys and they carried a lot of the show.

This new generation just sucks. Somebody needs to smack some sense into Lorne Michaels...or just plain smack him. He has let the show fall way off. He needs to start by firing Tina Fey ASAP! (she's the head writer) :2 cents:

Last edited: