• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Shelby GT500 Certified At 662hp

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Whether you like muscle cars or not, that's some serious horsepower for $54K.

Shelby GT500 Certified At 662hp

Get ready for ludicrous speed. The 2013 Shelby Ford Mustang GT500 has been certified at 662 horsepower – 12 more than the promised 650 – and 631 pound-feet of torque.

The mind-blowing Mustang power figures were revealed, along with EPA estimates of 16 mpg city, 24 mpg highway, in an interview earlier this week with Jamal Hameedi, chief engineer of Ford's SVT team, and Jim Owens, vice president of marketing for Shelby, at the Team Shelby forums.

Today, Ford confirmed the news and added some graphic information to the mix, as well as the claim that the 2013 GT500's V8 is the most powerful production V8 in the world. According to the dyno chart, peak power comes at just 4,000 rpm -and stays well above 500 horsepower all the way to redline. That will make for one very quick-accelerating car.

As with most extreme high-power/high-torque cars, the run to 60 mph will be done entirely in first gear, taking the time of a shift out of the mix and likely scoring the GT500 somewhere in the low-to-mid three-second range, though that has not been disclosed so far.

One slightly odd detail: due to the massive cooling and consequent air-flow requirements, the 2013 GT500 won't have a grille. There's just a big, open rectangle where it would normally be. It looks like that detail will make it through to production, though we're curious to see how Ford handles the matter.

Despite the massive power output, the 2013 GT500 will start from just $54,200, about half the price of the slightly-less-powerful (but much lighter and better-handling) Corvette ZR1. The GT500 Convertible starts at $5,000 more.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I would die a fiery death if I owned that car. But damn she's pretty.

Not a huge fan of the new front end but the rear end they fixed for 2013 looks a lot better than the 2010-12s. The lighter new motor is a beast and I cant wait to drive one.

For that much money I would want a car that looks better than that. That looks like a slightly sporty sedan.

:rofl: Sedan. Because tons of sedans look like that.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
sounds like it's got a bit of grunt...whats it's top speed?

According to Autoblog, the hardtop's limit is about 200mph, while the convertible is speed-limited to 155mph.

georges

Staff member
1967 gt 500 with the 427 side oiler engine for me or 1968 stang fast back with 428cj

I don't even know how you keep that monster on the road!! I had to sell my 07 Corvette because the 400hp was difficult to keep in a straight line :1orglaugh

Bad ass car though.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I don't even know how you keep that monster on the road!! I had to sell my 07 Corvette because the 400hp was difficult to keep in a straight line :1orglaugh

Bad ass car though.

Traction control. All these new cars have it, that's why they redid the Viper...because you had to really know how to drive, to drive it.