• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Saying "I love you"

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I was reading this article and it said something that I'm not sure I agree with..
During the first sixty days of dating, she doesn't lose points by saying "I love you," but you do! Yes, that's right. It's politically incorrect and it's called a double standard.

I was always under the impression that if a girl said I love you first (especially early on in a relationship) it could scare a guy off?

So what do you guys think? How long should someone wait to say I love you in a relationship and does it matter if it's the girl or guy who says it first?

Discuss. :cool:

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
I usually tell my girlfriend to shut up and fetch me a beer instead.

She knows that means I care about her.

I usually tell my girlfriend to shut up and fetch me a beer instead.

She knows that means I care about her.

It's not really love until they make me a sandwich to go with the beer.

Seriously though, everyone is different. I have been in relationships where we were basically a couple half way through the first date and it lasted for years. I have also been through the "do I say it or not?" for a long time and had them blow up in three months. Whenever it's right, it's right.:drama:

just don't anyone say it to yourself in the mirror :clown:

Facetious

Moderated
In my experience, women ask you for it with their eyes... that unmistakable stare down, a look so captivating you can't possibly look away from until you tell her what she wants to hear... ''_ . _ _ _ _ . _ _ _'' :lovecoupl:.

Do not disappoint them!

That's as good as I can describe it with half a migraine :o

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
In my experience, women ask you for it with their eyes... that unmistakable stare down, a look so captivating you can't possibly look away from until you tell her what she wants to hear... ''_ . _ _ _ _ . _ _ _'' :lovecoupl:.

Do not disappoint them!

That's as good as I can describe it with half a migraine :o

I really believe this! I definitely know I've given those eyes before haha

Great post Facetious! :clap::clap::clap:

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
I love you, Nikki! :shy:

I don't think you can name a perfect time in days for saying i love you the first time. If it feels right and both feel it why not say it?

But of course the first date may be a little too soon.

Those are words that will never come out of my mouth again, so my opinion doesn't really matter, but I think that you should say it when you're ready to. All those dating "rules" are a load of horseshit. If I wanna say something or do something I'll do it, not wait around for a syzygy to happen before I do it because that's what the "rules" say.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
You know what they say. Rules are meant to be broken.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
There is a world of difference by saying I love you and being in love with someone. For example I love a lot of people, but have only been in love with a few women.

I tend to agree with the article in most situations.

In other situations where the chick is just enamored with the guy from day one he could say (virtually) anything to her and not only won't he lose points...she'd be all giggles.

But in the average situation I think a man has to really demonstrate a very high level of credibility and sincerity in order to drop the 'I love you' early on in a relationship and not be seen as trying too hard or outright lying to get something from her.

There is a world of difference by saying I love you and being in love with someone. For example I love a lot of people, but have only been in love with a few women.

Very true. The kind of love you feel for your companion is not the same as what you feel for your mom or for a close friend.

Love isn't real, anyway.

So you're dating someone for a few months and all of a sudden, you wake up and feel more strongly than you did before? Gimme a break. I love you is just something you say before you go to bed, or hanging up the phone. Who cares when you say it?

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account

Oh so true.

I love all my friends and I would walk through fire to help them out, but being in love... thats reserved for that special someone that just refuses to fetch your beer no matter how many times you tell her.... if I´m lucky I get it lobbed towards my head, most likely unopened since "that wasnt requested"....

Still, I´m IN love with the bloody dutch woman I live with.

Oh, and we´ve been together now for about 3,5 years, for those of you claiming love doesnt exist... trust me, without love its not possible to live with a dutchie...

Very true. The kind of love you feel for your companion is not the same as what you feel for your mom or for a close friend.

Those differences in love should be easy to discern. The problem most people have is differentiating between love, lusts and/or obsessions.

I would say in just in one example. If you really love a person...you can make that case to them and live with what outflows from it whichever way it turns.

Love isn't real, anyway.

So you're dating someone for a few months and all of a sudden, you wake up and feel more strongly than you did before? Gimme a break. I love you is just something you say before you go to bed, or hanging up the phone. Who cares when you say it?

STD not to sound like a wuss and with all due respect, only a person who doesn't know what love is or how it's define would make that statement.

STD not to sound like a wuss and with all due respect, only a person who doesn't know what love is or how it's define would make that statement.

That may be true, but if I haven't experienced it at this point in my life, forgive me for being sceptical. A lot of people have seen ghosts, but I'm not going to accept their existence until I see one with my own, sane eyes. :1orglaugh

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
STDiva, if the age stated on the board is correct... dont worry... you´ll get there... I was 27 when I found love... prior to that... sex, a lot of great sex, but feelings.... not so much...

That may be true, but if I haven't experienced it at this point in my life, forgive me for being sceptical. A lot of people have seen ghosts, but I'm not going to accept their existence until I see one with my own, sane eyes. :1orglaugh

STDiva, if the age stated on the board is correct... dont worry... you´ll get there... I was 27 when I found love... prior to that... sex, a lot of great sex, but feelings.... not so much...

Yeah...mid 20s it was hard for me to even spell the word back then let alone have a clue about it.